Revival Proposal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:23:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Revival Proposal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Revival Proposal  (Read 37488 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: May 28, 2011, 10:28:52 PM »

Just as long as I get to be the figurehead king and get to give my "royal" assent to every passed act.

Smiley
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:56:17 AM »

Can I still be king?

(tear).
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 07:45:01 PM »

I'd actually really like to have a monarchy. Ceremonial, of course. Wink

Ceremonial monarchy seems proper.

So, bullmoose, if you don't mind having absolutely no power whatsoever, I see no reason why you can't be king.

I'm totally cool with having the throne speech spoon fed to me for "reading," making Phillipesque gaffes "abroad," giving "my royal assent," and doing all the pomp/circumstance.

Leave the real legislating for the real legislators.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 10:39:23 PM »

If anyone wants to umm...let me know who I should "invite" to form a government in my name...please let me know.

(Name to be determined), Rex.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 10:46:15 PM »

If anyone wants to umm...let me know who I should "invite" to form a government in my name...please let me know.

(Name to be determined), Rex.

Well, first I think we should lower the size of the Parliament.  500 just seems too large for Antillia.  Perhaps 300?

Anyone have a suggestion for my royal name...First Name of course is most important, but if someone wants to do a royal history to come up with my surname that would be...fun (i guess).  I would fill in the gaps with stories of debauchery, conspiracy, stupidity etc in order to make you (naturally) question why kings and queens are even necessary in the first place. Smiley
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 11:30:18 AM »

(FYI, I'm leaning towards...in the absence of other ideas...calling my character King Ralph...and stylizing him like Goodman...any better ideas?)

Carry on.  Will this thing have sort of simulated elections or could each joining member alter the government majority, or lack thereof?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 12:09:07 PM »

How would that name be pronounced though?

As for background, I think we might be about to run into the problem of differing versions of our artificial reality crashing into each other.

We could go plain old ral-ff.

We could spice it up and go rol-ff or the confusing ray-ff.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 12:36:23 PM »

Can I be on the record as being in favour of simulated elections? Playing with 4 or 5 parties that are the same size would just make this Euro-Atlasia.

How would we simulate? I favor a simulation just not sure how we'd do that. Perhaps a royal commission (ahem me...the king) could form to at least come up with an idea or two if not simulate the thing. "your" king plays no favorites with election winners.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 12:49:34 PM »

Presumably with a GM and some dice?

Well surely you'd want the numbers sort of reflecting actual membership and the political preferences of the constituency area. Or something like that.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 01:46:09 PM »

As GM, I will do my utmost to remain impartial, as the King, I will follow the constitution and convention; however, the character of the King might appear less than impartial on certain issues (I won't act upon those)...but the king is the king, for better or (mostly) worse.

If you catch my drift.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 12:48:56 AM »

The different voting systems might be beyond my expertise.  Perhaps if the King is GM, a special office can be created and filled by a NPC as elections officer.  Or we shy away from making the King GM.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 10:09:12 AM »

Should I stylize myself as Ralph, King of Antilla...or Ralph, King of Antilla and Pitfarris?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 07:39:38 PM »

How can I be part of this without being an MP? News Paper? Other function? If we're doing some sort of PR I have a great D'Hondt calculater in Excell, I'd be happy to help with that in some way. Grin

I'd be more than happy to have you assist the royal family and assist me should I be given GM responsibilities.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 08:35:27 PM »

How can I be part of this without being an MP? News Paper? Other function? If we're doing some sort of PR I have a great D'Hondt calculater in Excell, I'd be happy to help with that in some way. Grin

I'd be more than happy to have you assist the royal family and assist me should I be given GM responsibilities.

Hmm if you don't feel like being responsible for generating elections, I could be some sort of Indipendant Administrative Election Agency/Pollster. But I'm willing to assist the Crown and the GM in any way his majesty wishes. Smiley 

If the King is also the GM, I would estatic to have someone assist me with elections.  You'd be the main guy running them but I'd like to help outside the realm of voting system number crunching.

If the GM is a person independent of the crown, I'd still be happy to have you assist me in my "royal duties."
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 11:49:10 AM »

Another recommendation, a non-partisan commission of you guys (I could help too) could come together and decide what stuff is in effect (our own version of the Magna Carta, any bills regarding an upper chamber/the church if any...things limiting my power, succession acts etc....all that sort of fun stuff) at the start.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »

What sort of names would you be using?

More English sounding ones, as Lindsay is the region least influenced by Scandinavia. So far I have:

Stagfordshire, New Cumbria, Barleyshire for Counties/Hundreds
Stagford, Slatcliff, Eldon, Ralphsburg for settlements

I am Ralph the First (unfortunate).  Dunno how new a settlement Ralphsburg would be.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies