Illinois Congressional Jujitsu (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:56:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Illinois Congressional Jujitsu (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Illinois Congressional Jujitsu  (Read 30881 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: May 29, 2011, 02:33:46 PM »

Shimkus lives in the St. Louis area actually, in Collinsville, an area that seems like it would be in Costello's district. The new map has the 13th with a tendril reaching down to Collinsville, in a new seat that includes Champaign-Urbana and the Dem parts of Springfield and Bloomington. So he's now in a seat that he's not likely to get elected in and bares little resemblance to the old district. The closest seat to his old one is the 15th, which also resembles Tim Johnson's current seat. It's worth noting though that Johnson lives in Urbana, so he is also outside the current 17th and in the same district as Shimkus. But it's the most logical seat for Johnson to run in and he'll obviously "move" there, Shimkus has to choose between the Dem-leaning 13th, moving to the 17th for a primary battle, or maybe even moving to the 12th and taking on Costello (obviously not happening, but if Costello retired it might be seen as a viable option.)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 08:41:52 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2011, 08:44:14 PM by and it was about dreams of flying to spite a falling sky »

I'll give Kinzinger credit for being anti-Gaddafi unlike most Republicans, but I'd rather have both him and Biggert gone. And that's what's likely to happen. A very dull backbencher like Biggert isn't a solid shot for a seat that's about D+8.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies