How do video gamers vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:15:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How do video gamers vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Political ideology of gamers
Democrat

Republican

Libertarian

Others/Independent

Apolitical

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: How do video gamers vote  (Read 8234 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: September 17, 2019, 09:28:40 AM »

Trying to actually get a serious answer, gamers are most definitely much more male and much younger than the average voter.

Using the 2016 exit polls, men split 41-52 for Trump (or 13 points to the right of the national PV) while people age 18-29 split 55-36 for Clinton (or 17 points to the left of the national PV).

Since not all gamers are male or young; these effects would be reduced, and since they also counter each other, I would say the average gamer is a swing demographic, possibly very slightly to the left.

Doing stereotpyical console splits for fun, Nintendo gamers would be Safe D, Sony gamers would be tossups, PC gamers would be Lean R and Xbox gamers would be Likely R

Would Madden, NHL, or FIFA-type gamers be a swing demographic, D-favored, or R-favored?

My guess is that FIFA players would lean D, while Madden players are a tossup and NHL ones may be R-leaning.

I imagine FIFA players would be much more hispanic than average? (and thus safe D). It would follow roughly the same divides as those same sports, except with a much younger average age.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies