PA Gubernatorial Race 2006
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:15:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA Gubernatorial Race 2006
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29
Author Topic: PA Gubernatorial Race 2006  (Read 92739 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2005, 05:52:03 PM »

danwxman, I agree.  How is some washed up Steelers WR giving Rendell a challenge?  I mean is that the best the GOP can do? 

We may have to pound the pavement on Santorum as well.  How is this jackass getting these good poll numbers?

You do understand that Swann is a legend out in western PA, right? Why don't you quit it with the ignorance and acknowledge that there is more to the state than SE PA.

dan, 50-44 is not good for Rendell. How can you still argue that he's a lock?

And, once again to Flyers, Santorum ("jackass" as you call him) has good poll numbers because...now get ready for this one...people like him.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2005, 02:02:54 AM »

danwxman, I agree.  How is some washed up Steelers WR giving Rendell a challenge?  I mean is that the best the GOP can do? 

We may have to pound the pavement on Santorum as well.  How is this jackass getting these good poll numbers?

Anybody named after a team that isn't playing this year shouldn't be taken seriously.

Further and GOP candidate that has never run a statewide race, and was never really a statewide figure, getting 44% of the vote against an incumbent governor, means the governor is very BIG trouble!

In the case of Senator, you have a two candidates that have run statewide, one of whom, the one holding a lesser office, has the same name as a popular former governor, indicates a close race.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2005, 02:39:55 PM »

Governor Hart?

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/opinion/archive/s_312426.html

If Hart jumped into the race, I'd probably support her over Swann but after gaining a seat on Ways and Means, I'm not sure if Hart would give that up for a Gubernatorial run.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2005, 04:07:05 PM »

Awww, Pennsylvania Democrats. Keep telling me how popular Eddie is.

From grassrootspa.com

SURVEY USA/WNEP POLL: CASEY 49% SANTORUM 42%, RENDELL 50%, SWANN 44%!!!

Hat tip Justin.

Times Leader:

A new statewide survey shows Democratic Pennsylvania Treasurer Bob Casey Jr. holding a 7-point lead over two-term incumbent U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pittsburgh, in the 2006 senate race.

Conducted by SurveyUSA for WNEP-TV Channel 16, the survey asked 506 registered voters around the state who they would choose in the senate race. The poll had a margin of error of plus or minus 4.4 percent.

The results showed Casey with 49 percent to Santorum's 42 percent. Eight percent of the poll respondents were undecided.
The SurveyUSA poll also showed Gov. Ed Rendell with a 6-point lead over potential Republican challenger and former Pittsburgh Steeler Lynn Swann. The poll showed Rendell with 50 percent, Swann with 44 percent and 5 percent undecided.

The poll did not ask voters about the other two potential Republican candidates for governor next year, former Lt. Gov. Bill Scranton and Harrisburg state Sen. Jeffrey Piccola.

Looks good for Rendell. I could see his challenger, possibly Swann, getting about 44%. Give almost all the undecideds to Rendell. 55-44 looks like a good outcome.

Why is it that during the Presidential Race we gave all the undecideds to Kerry, the challenger, but in the governor's race we give all the undecideds to Rendell.

Explain please.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2005, 04:11:57 PM »

From grassrootspa.com

Hat tip Justin.

Times Leader:

A new statewide survey shows Democratic Pennsylvania Treasurer Bob Casey Jr. holding a 7-point lead over two-term incumbent U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pittsburgh, in the 2006 senate race.

Conducted by SurveyUSA for WNEP-TV Channel 16, the survey asked 506 registered voters around the state who they would choose in the senate race. The poll had a margin of error of plus or minus 4.4 percent.

The results showed Casey with 49 percent to Santorum's 42 percent. Eight percent of the poll respondents were undecided.
The SurveyUSA poll also showed Gov. Ed Rendell with a 6-point lead over potential Republican challenger and former Pittsburgh Steeler Lynn Swann. The poll showed Rendell with 50 percent, Swann with 44 percent and 5 percent undecided.

The poll did not ask voters about the other two potential Republican candidates for governor next year, former Lt. Gov. Bill Scranton and Harrisburg state Sen. Jeffrey Piccola.

Looks good for Rendell. I could see his challenger, possibly Swann, getting about 44%. Give almost all the undecideds to Rendell. 55-44 looks like a good outcome.

Why is it that during the Presidential Race we gave all the undecideds to Kerry, the challenger, but in the governor's race we give all the undecideds to Rendell.

Explain please.

They have no reason. They paint the best picture when it comes to Rendell's chances.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2005, 04:19:10 PM »

Explain please.

Duh, they're Democrats. Democrats are unbeatable in Pennsylvania Tongue
danwxman

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2005, 04:27:30 PM »

From grassrootspa.com

Hat tip Justin.

Times Leader:

Explain please.

He's a moderate Democrat.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2005, 04:32:15 PM »

As moderate as Kerry is
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2005, 04:59:55 PM »

From grassrootspa.com

Hat tip Justin.

Times Leader:

Explain please.

I'd say he's center-left but that's not even the point. Address his approval/disapproval numbers. Address the fact that he's only up 6 points with 5% undecided (meaning this election could swing any way).

Your Eddie isn't the lock you think he is.
PADem

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2005, 01:50:15 AM »

From grassrootspa.com

Hat tip Justin.

Times Leader:

Explain please.

I'd say he's center-left but that's not even the point. Address his approval/disapproval numbers. Address the fact that he's only up 6 points with 5% undecided (meaning this election could swing any way).

Your Eddie isn't the lock you think he is.

True. But you'd have to admit his job is a lot safer than Ricky's.....
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2005, 03:16:11 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'll admit that but only because Casey is running. If it were Hafer vs. Santorum, I'd say Rendell was at a greater risk. Some of your friends really think he has this thing locked up. It's ashame how oblivious they are.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2005, 04:56:41 PM »

Rendell's wrapped it up. If Toomey runs, Rendell will win in a landslide. If Hart runs, what governor race.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2005, 04:57:38 PM »

Rendell's wrapped it up. If Toomey runs, Rendell will win in a landslide. If Hart runs, what governor race.

Chuckie P for Senate LOL
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2005, 04:59:45 PM »

Are you kidding? If Toomey were to run (which he won't), he could win.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2005, 05:03:16 PM »

Riiiiiiiiiighhttt.....
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2005, 05:04:13 PM »

Riiiiiiiiiighhttt.....

You do realize that Toomey would take the Lehigh Valley (an area Rendell won in 2002) and would run strong out west, right?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2005, 05:07:53 PM »

Riiiiiiiiiighhttt.....

You do realize that Toomey would take the Lehigh Valley (an area Rendell won in 2002) and would run strong out west, right?
He'd do awful in Pittsburgh. His extremist right-wing views are out of touch with the people I know. He could win Greene County, though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2005, 05:21:03 PM »

Riiiiiiiiiighhttt.....

He'd do awful in Pittsburgh. His extremist right-wing views are out of touch with the people I know. He could win Greene County, though.

First off, he's not extreme right wing. I hate how your side tosses that label around.

Secondly, yes, he'd do bad in the city but he'd likely to well elsewhere in the area especially since Rendell is pretty unpopular out west.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2005, 05:24:20 PM »

Riiiiiiiiiighhttt.....

any Republican would do bad in the city.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2005, 05:38:37 PM »

Riiiiiiiiiighhttt.....

Even..............O.J. SIMPSON?!?!?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2005, 05:44:20 PM »

Riiiiiiiiiighhttt.....

Even..............O.J. SIMPSON?!?!?

what?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2005, 07:57:04 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2005, 07:59:43 PM by nickshepDEM »

Does Swann have any political record or experience to run off of?  Other than his name he seems like an pretty weak candidate to me.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »

Does Swann have any political record or experience to run off of?  Other than his name he seems like an extremley week candidate to me.

He is the Chair of the President's Fitness Council.  Smiley

Here's another famous Chair of the Council...

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2005, 03:01:27 PM »

Some (like myself) already knew about this but for anyone that doesn't know about Scranton's 2000 endorsement for President, take a look at this:

grassrootspa.com

MYSTERY: Who Did Bill Scranton Endorse In 2000? Hagelin Or Bush!?!?

Who Did Bill Scranton Endorse For President In 2000?

Was it Natural Law Party Candidate John Hagelin Or George W. Bush?

PoliticsPA has a picture of Scranton supposedly endorsing Bush.

But wait, Politics1 disagrees!

From Politics1:

HAGELIN IS ENDORSED BY:(Partial Listing)
Ex-Reform Party National Secretary Jim Mangia (Reform-CA)
Ex-Reform Party National Chairman Russ Verney (I-NH)
Independence Party of New York State
Ex-Independent Presidential Candidate Lenora Fulani (I-NY)
Ex-Watertown Mayor Jeff Graham (I-NY)
Ex-Lt. Governor Bill Scranton III (R-PA)

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2005, 06:44:48 PM »

Rendell just made a mistake.  He's brought up some gun control issues.  Opps!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies