Canadian Liberal Leadership Election 2013 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:37:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian Liberal Leadership Election 2013 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian Liberal Leadership Election 2013  (Read 84165 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: June 11, 2012, 08:39:22 PM »

There are few politicians I dislike more than Justin Trudeau. He just makes my skin crawl.

Canadians like him because of the name recognition. But once they hear him speak (or, should I say, hear the way he completely talks down to people), I don't see him becoming Prime Minister. I certainly hope not. I'd rather Mulcair than this chump.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 12:33:23 AM »

I still think once the average Canadian gets to know Trudeau more, they will realize he's not his father.

But I really don't know who can save the Liberals. Rae will play out horribly in Ontario.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:12:46 PM »

I still think once the average Canadian gets to know Trudeau more, they will realize he's not his father.

But I really don't know who can save the Liberals. Rae will play out horribly in Ontario.

But how well will Canadians get to know him unless he wins? Leadership elections aren't the same as parliamentary elections in terms of candidates getting to know the public.

I never said he wouldn't be the leader of the Liberals. Just not Prime Minister. The Liberals excel at choosing leaders who Canadians will detest, and I don't think Trudeau will break the trend. That's all.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 12:29:46 PM »

Ugh. When there's a leadership election for the other party, I usually do try to consider who would make the best Prime Minister if the party was to come into power. I actually think Rae is a good guy and has some solid leadership qualities. I'm kind of disappointed.

He did take one for the team though--Bob Rae wouldn't have been a good fit for the 905.

Here's hoping he knows Trudeau will be a flop and is waiting to be the party's only hope sometime down the road.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 12:58:43 PM »

Well, I hope Justin at least gets a haircut.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 05:26:38 PM »

If Trudeau stays out, I'm calling it for McGuinty.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 06:47:55 PM »

You're right. But electability has never mattered in Liberal leadership races. I'm telling you: The Liberals will chose another flop.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 12:57:58 AM »

There's also the fact that Jack Layton was actually an honourable man and Trudeau is a grade-A snob/opportunist.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 01:46:16 AM »

I'm not the biggest follower of Canadian politics (probably should be, considering I'm a Canadian Tongue), but I don't think Jack's death is totally to blame. Had Bob Rae decided to seek the Liberal leadership, Trudeau probably would've waited and a lot of those NDP seats would've been more secure. Trudeau as leader will probably create a mindless bandwagon effect that should do a lot to equalize the standing of the Liberals and NDP.

That said, it's entirely possible that people will really dislike Justin when they see what he's actually about. All you have to do is listen to the guy speak to know he's totally full of shit. Much like how the first presidential debate showed people that Mitt was a viable alternative, the Candian debates could actually show people that Justin isn't the man they think he is.

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 09:10:53 PM »

Well, I'm voting for Martha. Because I can.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 07:12:35 PM »

RogueBeaver, do you actually like Trudeau?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 07:44:34 PM »

Ah, damn. I should've grabbed a ticket. I'll be in Mississauga on Saturday for Reading Week. Dang it all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies