BRTD and opebo break up after years of a storybook romance.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:17:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  BRTD and opebo break up after years of a storybook romance.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: BRTD and opebo break up after years of a storybook romance.  (Read 3010 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 01:46:44 PM »

Saying that there is never an excuse for poor manners sounds awfully dogmatic to me. Surely, that must be up to him? And if a woman places demands on your behaviour she's being a bit uppity anyway, isn't she? Why accept that when you can rent more docile ones instead, right?

Apples and oranges, Gustaf.  And if you think that prostitutes put up with more than wives or girlfriends do, you don't understand human relationships very well.

I'm sure that if you had one that person would have a lot to put up with. For normal, respectful human beings relationships aren't so bad.

If you think prostitutes generally get treated with more respect than girlfriends I think you're wrong...not everyone is an old-fashioned sexist, after all.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2011, 01:49:49 PM »

Saying that there is never an excuse for poor manners sounds awfully dogmatic to me. Surely, that must be up to him? And if a woman places demands on your behaviour she's being a bit uppity anyway, isn't she? Why accept that when you can rent more docile ones instead, right?

Apples and oranges, Gustaf.  And if you think that prostitutes put up with more than wives or girlfriends do, you don't understand human relationships very well.

I'm sure that if you had one that person would have a lot to put up with. For normal, respectful human beings relationships aren't so bad.

If you think prostitutes generally get treated with more respect than girlfriends I think you're wrong...not everyone is an old-fashioned sexist, after all.

Prostitutes are generally treated like a commodity. It won't work with in dating.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2011, 01:53:03 PM »

Prostitutes are generally treated like a commodity. It won't work with in dating.

It's all this emancipation nonsense. Thank god there are still places like Thailand where women and poor folk don't get too many ideas.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 03:51:25 PM »

BRTD, I know you obsess over the fact that some people wrongly capitalize the "o" in opebo but you know you have to capitalize it when you begin a sentence, right?

NO! opebo is so special that he defies grammar!

Stop being a dumb.

You failed big time on this one, pal.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 04:27:53 PM »

Well there is never any excuse for poor manners, Kalwedgy.  A gentlemen always makes a situation better and more pleasant for those around him, never worse.

careful there, opebo, you're letting it slip out that Bruce Wayne is your true hero
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 11:16:14 PM »

alan grayson got beat by some guy named 'daniel webster.'  lolz
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 02:21:43 AM »

BRTD, I know you obsess over the fact that some people wrongly capitalize the "o" in opebo but you know you have to capitalize it when you begin a sentence, right?

Why is that? I never capitalize the names of people who don't have capitalized names, even at the beginning of a sentence.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 03:15:13 AM »

I'm going to have to agree with Xahar on this one.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 03:54:37 AM »

Christ man, you surely know that I have a girlfriend?  And a gik.  And have had many of both over these many years I've been around.  Most of them have been quite happy and pleasant, but there is definitely a lot more to deal with (even to 'put up with') in a years long relationship, particularly if you live together, than in a two hour session where you just smile, maybe have a kiss or two, some groping, and some other activities that are not mentionable here - the prostitute only has to deal with the easiest part: a little bit of sex. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, you're wrong, in fact.  Most prostitutes are treated with roughly the same respect as girlfriends, and anyway 'disrespect' doesn't fully encompass 'things one must put up with' in a relationship.  More often it is just about the tiresomeness, moodiness, or other personal peccadilloes or failings of that person, all of which the girlfriend or boyfriend must put up with over the long haul, whereas the prostitute hardly at all.  It is easy enough to show respect (or a pretense of respect) for a two hour session which hardly involves that much conversation, but very difficult to do over years of ups and downs (in fact nearly impossible to do perfectly).

I can tell you, Gustaf, that in most cases the interaction between prostitute and customer is quite tactful - just like the interaction in any business service.  But, in fact, it is far more likely that a lack of tact or 'disrespect' - even downright cheating, unfairness, or 'poor service' - will be evinced by the service provider than the customer.  The great majority of customers are 'afraid of trouble' when in the setting of prostitution, and so behave quite politely.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2011, 04:29:47 AM »

Christ man, you surely know that I have a girlfriend?  And a gik.  And have had many of both over these many years I've been around.  Most of them have been quite happy and pleasant, but there is definitely a lot more to deal with (even to 'put up with') in a years long relationship, particularly if you live together, than in a two hour session where you just smile, maybe have a kiss or two, some groping, and some other activities that are not mentionable here - the prostitute only has to deal with the easiest part: a little bit of sex. 

No, you're wrong, in fact.  Most prostitutes are treated with roughly the same respect as girlfriends, and anyway 'disrespect' doesn't fully encompass 'things one must put up with' in a relationship.  More often it is just about the tiresomeness, moodiness, or other personal peccadilloes or failings of that person, all of which the girlfriend or boyfriend must put up with over the long haul, whereas the prostitute hardly at all.  It is easy enough to show respect (or a pretense of respect) for a two hour session which hardly involves that much conversation, but very difficult to do over years of ups and downs (in fact nearly impossible to do perfectly).

I can tell you, Gustaf, that in most cases the interaction between prostitute and customer is quite tactful - just like the interaction in any business service.  But, in fact, it is far more likely that a lack of tact or 'disrespect' - even downright cheating, unfairness, or 'poor service' - will be evinced by the service provider than the customer.  The great majority of customers are 'afraid of trouble' when in the setting of prostitution, and so behave quite politely.

If you think business relationships are so respectful and awesome, why are you so opposed to them when it comes to everything that isn't sex?

How do you know about how the great majority of customers behave? Have you done a survey?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2011, 09:12:03 AM »

Why is that? I never capitalize the names of people who don't have capitalized names, even at the beginning of a sentence.

That's nice that you never do it but that doesn't make it grammatically correct.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2011, 10:48:38 AM »

If you think business relationships are so respectful and awesome, why are you so opposed to them when it comes to everything that isn't sex?

How do you know about how the great majority of customers behave? Have you done a survey?

You know what? That's a great idea.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2011, 02:35:23 PM »

Everyone at my work treats me with great respect, Gustaf.  While this does make things a trifle less unpleasant than they otherwise might be, I still have to show up every week or starve.

Yes, of course I have.  I always talk to both girls and farang about this.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2011, 02:52:11 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2011, 08:01:09 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

who gives a ***** if someone doesn't capitalize properly?  it's an Internet forum, not a newspaper or academic paper...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2011, 03:25:13 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2011, 08:01:19 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

who gives a **** if someone doesn't capitalize properly?  it's an Internet forum, not a newspaper or academic paper...

Yeah if it were either of those I wouldn't read it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2011, 03:39:13 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2011, 08:01:27 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

who gives a **** if someone doesn't capitalize properly?  it's an Internet forum, not a newspaper or academic paper...

Harry, if you're referring to my "complaint" about BRTD not capitalizing the "o" in opebo when begininning a sentence, it was pointed out because he capitalizes the first letter of a word every other time he starts a sentence.

You've only been back for a day and already irritating.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2011, 08:01:36 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

Harry, if you're referring to my "complaint" about BRTD not capitalizing the "o" in opebo when begininning a sentence, it was pointed out because he capitalizes the first letter of a word every other time he starts a sentence.

You've only been back for a day and already irritating.

grammar smack is always Bush-league, Phil.

(Unless BRTD has been criticizing others' capitalization habits while I've been gone; in which case, I would retract my comments.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2011, 03:45:38 PM »

grammar smack is always Bush-league, Phil.

(Unless BRTD has been criticizing others' capitalization habits while I've been gone; in which case, I would retract my comments.)

Uh, yes, he has. He complains that people capitalize the "o" in opebo so I'm going to point out an obvious grammatical error.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2011, 04:33:27 PM »

That's nice that you never do it but that doesn't make it grammatically correct.

I love your absolute certainty here. Proper nouns never change capitalization. Most of the time they begin with a capital letter, so it doesn't matter, but if they're written in lowercase or CamelCase or all caps or whatever it doesn't change.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2011, 08:17:21 PM »

I love your absolute certainty here.

Since May 12, 1988.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2011, 09:39:48 PM »

Neither Xahar nor Phil is necessarily wrong, as it depends on which type of style you're using.

In AP style, you always capitalize the first letter of a sentence, no matter what:  "IPods are cool."

Since this forum doesn't have a rule about style (unless the mods have introduced one in my absence...I wouldn't put anything past them), it would depend on which style BRTD is using.  Unless he's claimed to be writing his posts in AP in the past, he could still claim to be correct.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2011, 12:29:29 AM »

Would that make you quad-sexual?  Like bi-sexual squared?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies