Mitt Romney vs The President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:53:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney vs The President
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Mitt Romney vs The President  (Read 9935 times)
Jasengle
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 02, 2011, 01:47:53 PM »

who will Win
I say Mitt Romney
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 01:50:35 PM »

Obama wins.

The election is not the GOP's to win.  Obama will win unless something dramatic happens between now and election day and the American people blame Obama for it. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 01:53:46 PM »

Try reading just about every other thread and this subject will come up..
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 02:16:09 PM »

Easy: "Depends".

Probably gets my vote, unless he makes more of an ass of himself than he already has.

Obama is practically unredeemable for me at this point.  He'd have to do some pretty epic libertarian stuff AND balance a budget to get me back into play.  Or the GOP could nominate Bachmann, that'd probably work, too.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 02:59:51 PM »

Or something like that.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 03:18:48 PM »

Good grief.  A race between Mr. I Don't Know What to Beleive and President I Don't Know What to Do.  It's quite inspiring.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 04:47:54 PM »

He'd need an energizing, conservative VP. But it would have to be balanced that people wouldn't want the ticket to be flipped either...

So really but the time they make it to the final stretch Obama wins. Mitt just isn't charismatic and his "generic republican" status won't last a year and a half.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 04:49:21 PM »

Mit rommey
Liberté
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 04:57:26 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »

is mit rommey
for banning gays and lesbins
or is he not for it?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 05:20:15 PM »

Romney.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 05:20:36 PM »

lets see Some maps
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 06:24:34 PM »

can I be pollster?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 06:27:03 PM »

Good grief.  A race between Mr. I Don't Know What to Beleive and President I Don't Know What to Do.  It's quite inspiring.

Well, when you don't know what to do, at least you know what to believe. You actually have to establish the "what" and "Why" before the "how"....otherwise the "how" is pointless. That being said. Obama is one step ahead of Mittens.   
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 06:44:09 PM »

He'd need an energizing, conservative VP. But it would have to be balanced that people wouldn't want the ticket to be flipped either...

Like this?
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 07:01:05 PM »

I think Romney would win Missouri. Otherwise this is the map I'd make at the moment as well.

And I've said it all along, DeMint would (or should) be the VP choice of Mittens. He's supported Romney in the past, is a strict Conservative and tea-party favorit, but does not come across as Palin stupid or Santorum crazy.   
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 07:16:53 PM »

If competitive candidate is going to lose Missouri, its going to be Romney. Huckabee could of kept Obama under 47% there and get his ass kicked everywhere else.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 07:16:53 PM »

Well, when you don't know what to do, at least you know what to believe. You actually have to establish the "what" and "Why" before the "how"....otherwise the "how" is pointless. That being said. Obama is one step ahead of Mittens.   

Oh, I agree; I'd pick the president over Romney.  But the race between them would be like the old Chinese idiom: "going south by heading north;" neither guy gives us much direction when it comes to tackling the looming trouble we are facing.  And, being clear about your priorities but not knowing how to effectively bring them about leaves much to be desired in someone in charge of governing.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 07:18:56 PM »

Oh, I agree; I'd pick the president over Romney.  But the race between them would be like the old Chinese idiom: "going south by heading north;" neither guy gives us much direction when it comes to tackling the looming trouble we are facing.  And, being clear about your priorities but not knowing how to effectively bring them about leaves much to be desired in someone in charge of governing.

Guess that's better than saying "9/11 is bad", but this isn't a small town in Southern New England.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 07:38:41 PM »

I honestly don't know. Romney could be a formidable candidate. He has some baggage that some in the GOP might not like that could be used against him, but not enough to completely kill his chances. I think it's a tossup.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 08:26:59 PM »

I think Romney has a bigger chance of winning the general election than getting the nomination. 
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 09:55:36 PM »

no i want You to be Camping manger
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 01:38:11 AM »

Guess that's better than saying "9/11 is bad", but this isn't a small town in Southern New England.
I'd go into more detail, but at least one reason most people around here don't like me is because my posts are too long.  Smiley  I'll just say that the four most important pieces of legislation the Obama administration has presided over, the stimulus, the financial regulation law, the health care law and the tax cut extension of last winter were on the whole badly crafted.  Those guys know how to campaign with good intent, and they know how to pass legislation, but they don't know how to craft their good intentions into good policy and make their legislation effective.  None of this makes current GOP legislative ideas any better.  It just means that, in my view, at a crucial time when the U.S. needs good governing, it's not getting much of it from either party.  And since our political process makes good governing all that much harder even under more favorable conditions, my enthusiasm for the coming presidential campaign is not high.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 01:40:48 AM »

By the way, I think Obama would beat Romney pretty soundly in a general election, with a similar final electoral result that occurred in '08 give or take a few states.  But I doubt the outcome of such a race is worth much time speculating about, because Romney won't be the Republican nominee.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 09:07:13 PM »

If unemployment continues at 9% and rising, if the economy continues to be facing a major stall, if jobs created continues to lag, then the electorate will turn to Romney's legendary economic and business expertise to get the economy back on track and Romney will defeat Obama.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies