11 year old bullied, stripped naked, video posted online
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:19:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  11 year old bullied, stripped naked, video posted online
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 11 year old bullied, stripped naked, video posted online  (Read 21718 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2011, 01:15:10 AM »

Antonio,

You are from Italy the country that gave us the statesman Berlusconi.  Please enlighten us on the appropriate way to interact with women.

So you're racist too ?
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 09:16:26 PM »

The reason, rightly or wrongly, for the gender double standard here is that with 3 boys doing it to a girl, there'd be concern that it could lead to worse, i.e. rape. However, bullying (regardless of gender) especially to this level is terrible and absolutely needs to be punished.

I don't think it's fair to blame feminists for the double standard. Plenty of conservative anti-feminists would hold that standard, perhaps even moreso than feminists. In fact, feminist groups always are very supportive of anti-bullying laws.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 12:15:49 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2011, 12:36:04 AM by CitizenX »

Antonio,

You are from Italy the country that gave us the statesman Berlusconi.  Please enlighten us on the appropriate way to interact with women.

So you're racist too ?

I don't think you have a good working understanding of the concept of racism.

I guess the next time I'm in Europe and someone starts haranguing me about W Bush (a guy I didn't even vote for) I'll call them racist.

You're not even making sense anymore.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 12:31:21 AM »

I await the day when these bullsh**t ideas go the way of the theory that certain races are biologically superior to others.

So you agree with high school boys being forced to wrestle girls?  That is just bizarre.  Men of every race are different than women of every race.

Given the same genetic background and environment men a generally taller than women.

Given the same genetic background and environment men tend to be more muscular than women.

Given the same genetic background and environment women tend to do better in school than men.

These are facts.  If you look in any reputable scientific publication you will see these facts repeated.  I hardly see why me repeating them equates to racism.

The women in my life like to be treated like women and they act like women.  Most of them actually make more money than me, but they still want to be treated like women.  They have no desire to be "one of the guys."

Where are we heading with this one sex thing?

Check out this insanity...

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view.bg?articleid=1342058&srvc=home&position=emailed

Biology is behind only a small portion of the things we recognize as differences between men and women.  The rest is the result of gender socialization.

And, there's a difference between sex and gender.

This idea, that gender is entirely linked to biological sex and that how children are socialized has little to no impact, is completely misguided and ignorant.

Really??? I have studied human anatomy and physiology as well as psychology and the bulk of what I read says quite the opposite.  Well not the complete opposite.  Genetics plays a big role in gender.  No one can tell you to what degree but to dismiss genetics like you have is just factually incorrect.

Men and women are different.  That's what makes things so complex.

Is it discrimination to get up and give your seat to a lady on a bus?  Should we send Western female reporters into a mob in the middle of Tahrir Square?  Should we send women into combat where they can be captured by Muslim men?

If your answer to all these questions is they are irrelevant men and women are the same then I really have to wonder about you.

I do think the feminist go to far in certain situations.  I think the way men are born suspects in family law court is terrible.  But I think swinging to the other extreme and saying we are all one sex is unacceptable.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 03:38:34 AM »

Antonio,

You are from Italy the country that gave us the statesman Berlusconi.  Please enlighten us on the appropriate way to interact with women.

So you're racist too ?

I guess the next time I'm in Europe and someone starts haranguing me about W Bush (a guy I didn't even vote for) I'll call them racist.

You assimilate all italians to a stereotype. That qualifies as racism in my book.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 03:44:37 AM »

Antonio,

So you're racist too ?

You assimilate all italians to a stereotype. That qualifies as racism in my book.

Watch out for that hot blooded Italian temper ......Of course stereotypes are small minded and bigoted but I wouldn't say they are the same thing as racist.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 04:25:56 AM »

Antonio,

So you're racist too ?

Watch out for that hot blooded Italian temper ......Of course stereotypes are small minded and bigoted but I wouldn't say they are the same thing as racist.

The difference is in intensity, but not in the principle. And anyways, that doesn't change the fact this guy is a moron.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 06:44:36 AM »

This idea, that gender is entirely linked to biological sex and that how children are socialized has little to no impact, is completely misguided and ignorant.
Of course, but to make the opposite mistake (which you seem to be doing here) is just as misguided and ignorant.  There are strong biological differences between men and women.  Yes, you can find examples that go against this fact, but that doesn't disprove the trend.  And yes, environment plays a big part in how we all turn out, but so does biology.  It isn't a small part by any means.  If it was small, those boys that were raised as normal, hetero boys but turned into giant flaming queens when they turned 24 wouldn't exist.  Their environment didn't make them gay, it was already in them when they were born.  Biology.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 06:55:49 AM »

Of course, but to make the opposite mistake (which you seem to be doing here) is just as misguided and ignorant.  There are strong biological differences between men and women.  Yes, you can find examples that go against this fact, but that doesn't disprove the trend.  And yes, environment plays a big part in how we all turn out, but so does biology.  It isn't a small part by any means.  If it was small, those boys that were raised as normal, hetero boys but turned into giant flaming queens when they turned 24 wouldn't exist.  Their environment didn't make them gay, it was already in them when they were born.  Biology.

Is there some evidence of that ? A lot of what we called "natural" has eventually revealed to be the product of socialization/culture. While the idea that there are natural gender differences in the way of thinking is very strong for obvious reasons, I highly doubt it's true in any way.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 11:54:52 AM »

Antonio,

You are from Italy the country that gave us the statesman Berlusconi.  Please enlighten us on the appropriate way to interact with women.

So you're racist
too ?

The difference is in intensity, but not in the principle. And anyways, that doesn't change the fact this guy is a moron.

You've responded to my posts three times.  The first time you called me dumb.  The second time you called me racist, and the third time you called me a moron.

You're not gaining any credibility by continuously calling me names.  Try and elevate the level of discussion.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 11:56:10 AM »

Antonio,

So you're racist
too ?

You've responded to my posts three times.  The first time you called me dumb.  The second time you called me racist, and the third time you called me a moron.

You're not gaining any credibility by continuously calling me names in one line posts.  Try and elevate the level of discussion.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 07:29:59 PM »

I'd hate to be a broken record, as everyone else seems to be saying this, but if these were boys doing it to a girl, I doubt they'd even be charged as minors. This is goddamn disgusting. It's not only disgusting what these girls did. It's disgusting that NOTHING IS BEING DONE TO PUNISH THEM. What is this, Oceania from 1984?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 10:21:31 AM »

I await the day when these bullsh**t ideas go the way of the theory that certain races are biologically superior to others.

So you agree with high school boys being forced to wrestle girls?  That is just bizarre.  Men of every race are different than women of every race.

Given the same genetic background and environment men a generally taller than women.

Given the same genetic background and environment men tend to be more muscular than women.

Given the same genetic background and environment women tend to do better in school than men.

These are facts.  If you look in any reputable scientific publication you will see these facts repeated.  I hardly see why me repeating them equates to racism.

The women in my life like to be treated like women and they act like women.  Most of them actually make more money than me, but they still want to be treated like women.  They have no desire to be "one of the guys."

Where are we heading with this one sex thing?

Check out this insanity...

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view.bg?articleid=1342058&srvc=home&position=emailed

Biology is behind only a small portion of the things we recognize as differences between men and women.  The rest is the result of gender socialization.

And, there's a difference between sex and gender.

Really??? I have studied human anatomy and physiology as well as psychology and the bulk of what I read says quite the opposite.  Well not the complete opposite.  Genetics plays a big role in gender.  No one can tell you to what degree but to dismiss genetics like you have is just factually incorrect.

Men and women are different.  That's what makes things so complex.

Is it discrimination to get up and give your seat to a lady on a bus?  Should we send Western female reporters into a mob in the middle of Tahrir Square?  Should we send women into combat where they can be captured by Muslim men?

If your answer to all these questions is they are irrelevant men and women are the same then I really have to wonder about you.

I do think the feminist go to far in certain situations.  I think the way men are born suspects in family law court is terrible.  But I think swinging to the other extreme and saying we are all one sex is unacceptable.

I don't think anyone is arguing that we are all "one sex." What is being argued is that there is a double standard here and that justice ought to be blind to sex. What is also being argued is that physical sex does not always correspond to gender identity. I find your view on this matter frustrating and backwards, as do many others; however, it isn't really relevant. Nevertheless I will comment that you and much of society's idea that all women and men should behave in a matter society has deemed parallel in relation to what's inbetween their legs as offensive and extremely wrong-headed. Every individual should be able to be themselves wholly (barring actions that harm others) no matter what a culture has labelled as acceptable behaviour for their sex. Anything less poisons an individual's ability to lead a fulfilling life. The fact that the vast majority of people are quite happy to play it safe in their culturally subjective gender roles is fine, too. But to suggest we conceal parts of our personality in order to comply with the assinine notion of what is "manly" or "ladylike" is a disgrace. The prevailing attitude (yours) makes life a living hell for hundreds of millions of people every single day.

In summary, this is why I will never invite you over for a cup of tea.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »

She should have pressed charges. That was a bad move the on mothers part. Those girls wont get in trouble with their parents. If your child becomes like that it is your fault to begin with. Damn if that was my little girl I would have told the state to press charges against my daughter and that i would not defend my daughter either. Discusting!
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2011, 07:42:49 PM »

I'd hate to be a broken record, as everyone else seems to be saying this, but if these were boys doing it to a girl, I doubt they'd even be charged as minors. This is goddamn disgusting. It's not only disgusting what these girls did. It's disgusting that NOTHING IS BEING DONE TO PUNISH THEM. What is this, Oceania from 1984?

A lot of people are in agreement with you. And it isnt mostly men.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2011, 10:36:04 PM »

What's also disturbing is that the mom isn't pressing charges...what kind of mother bear is she?

That's not the main thing I got out of this of course, but we do have many pages of "if these were boys" which I agree with as well
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies