The show Lost (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:01:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The show Lost (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The show Lost  (Read 4842 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: June 08, 2011, 12:54:59 PM »

Ah, Lost...

This series has hold my breath for years, and I yet haven't watched the final episodes even though I have them. It's hard to make a final judgement on it for me, but overall I think it would be positive.

I can't say I've constantly loved it : some episodes were just beyond awful and showed clearly that the scenarists didn't know where they were going. Tons and tons of "capital revelations" that were in fact useles and brought nothing to the plot. Too much focus on everyone's personal stories. Etc, etc... Now let me say it clearly : some parts, the most important parts, were absolutely epic. Most season finales were orchestrated magnificently and were really a pleasure to see.

So, in the end, its a series with its highs (end of season 3, season 4) and downs (beginning of season 3, most of season 1 and a fair share of season 2). So, seeing the way it has ended is particularly depressing. As I've said I've not seen the finale, but I've been told it utterly sucked, and seeing the rest of season 6 it doesn't surprise me. Season 5's ending gave me a lot of hope so you can imagine my dismay...

After all, it was to expect : shows like Lost are particularly difficult to end, considering the amount of mysteries, complicatedness and tension makes every ending to be a disappointment. Of course that doesn't justify that.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 12:22:42 PM »

I stand by my opinion that season 4 and 5 outdo especially the beginning of season 3.

This exactly. The period from late season 3 to the end of season 5 is the greatest part of the telefilm IMO. Of course, it made season 6 even more disappointing, but as I've said ending a series like Lost in a decent way is almost impossible.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 03:10:06 AM »

I hated season 6 but enjoyed season 5. Am I particularly weird ? Huh
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:52:15 PM »

The ending was abominable.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 08:06:10 AM »

As someone who has only watched the first second and the first half of 2, I feel almost compelled to watch the rest of it after reading through this thread and how completely up it's own ass that show apparently went.

The first 5 seasons are great IMO. It's only the sixth which is an abomination.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies