The show Lost (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:25:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The show Lost (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The show Lost  (Read 4844 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: June 08, 2011, 10:45:52 AM »

I actually think LOST is one of those shows that just does not work for Netflix.  One of the best parts of the sow was the speculation week to week.  I think the Sopranos worked better in this serial format also.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 04:26:18 PM »

Are you crazy? The fourth, fifth and sixth seasons just get more bizarre and string you along.

^^^

You can still enjoy it, just make sure to stop by Season 6 (though truthfully after Eko stopped being a major character it jumped the shark) and mentally substitute an ending. Whatever theory you come up with will undoubtedly be more logical and better written than what's 'canon.'

I know where you are coming from, but I still felt there were some great episodes in the season. (Ab Aeterno being one)  It is cold comfort but even the worst of LOST was still much better than the vast majority of TV programming.  I was very disappointed in how they resolved certain characters and various elements of the show's mythology, yet Im still grateful to the writers for creating an entertaining program.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 10:05:34 PM »

I liked the last two seasons and enjoyed watching them save for one episode.  There are several truly excellent episodes that dig deep into the characters.  I appreciated that they explored some metaphorical and allegorical elements, even if the resolution to many threads was lacking.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies