Should Anthony Weiner resign?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:31:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should Anthony Weiner resign?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: Should Anthony Weiner resign?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Should Anthony Weiner resign?  (Read 8421 times)
milhouse24
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2011, 08:04:22 PM »

I think most sane democrats would agree that Weiner's Weiner is a huge distraction and if he were loyal to the party instead of a selfish arrogant ambitious idiot, he would resign as well. 

He's got no future in the Democratic congress and he won't get any chairman positions and he'll lose his committees. 
milhouse24
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2011, 08:08:06 PM »

I was under the impression that Weiner wants to run for NYC mayor.  Therefore its pointless to stay in the HOR.  If I were him, I would only leave if I got financial donations from Pelosi and other Democrats for his mayoral campaign, sure its blackmailing other Democrats, but he really wants to be mayor more than he wants to be a congressman.  Weiner just wants a buyout, or maybe he really needs that congressional health care plan for his wife's pregnancy, I hear its the best hmo in the nation.

Weiner is NOT going to be NYC mayor anytime soon.  As I stated before NYC mayor is NOT a consolation prize for disgraced politicians.  Without his House seat Weiner is nothing.  Weiner's biggest concern at the moment should be redistricting.  Polls show his constituents support him... at the moment.

But I don't know why he wants to stay in Congress, does he want to be a lifer?  I think he can still run for mayor, he would be the biggest name on the ballot if Alec Baldwin stays out.  New Yorkers don't care about his multiple Weiner pics, in fact, he should own it and tape a Weiner photo to his forward.  "Look I'm proud of my Weiner and my name is Weiner, so vote for Weiner" - but he might get arrested for disseminating lewd pictures.  New Yorkers love him for some inexplicable reason, and so do women now that they seen him and our turned on, he is a shoe-in for mayor. 

Also, he'll be kicked out of the Democrat Caucus soon, so he's got that going for him.

I haven't seen his city wide polling numbers.  Just because his current constituents support him doesn't mean he's going to win in Rangel's district and vica versa.  Until I see some polling numbers that are city wide I have my doubts.

The other thing is I don't think this guy can do anything else.  He can be kicked off every plum committee he's on and be banished to congressional Siberia.  Its still better than being a jobless disgraced politician with a baby on the way.

He'll have a really lucrative lobbying contract the second he resigns.  His district is part of Wall Street or near it.  Granted, he'll no longer have the title of congressman, and I know deep down he only cares about being famous to get chicks on the internet if he's a congressmen. 

No cyber girl will want cybersext with a "lobbyist-former disgraced congressman"
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2011, 08:57:20 PM »

I was under the impression that Weiner wants to run for NYC mayor.  Therefore its pointless to stay in the HOR.  If I were him, I would only leave if I got financial donations from Pelosi and other Democrats for his mayoral campaign, sure its blackmailing other Democrats, but he really wants to be mayor more than he wants to be a congressman.  Weiner just wants a buyout, or maybe he really needs that congressional health care plan for his wife's pregnancy, I hear its the best hmo in the nation.

Weiner is NOT going to be NYC mayor anytime soon.  As I stated before NYC mayor is NOT a consolation prize for disgraced politicians.  Without his House seat Weiner is nothing.  Weiner's biggest concern at the moment should be redistricting.  Polls show his constituents support him... at the moment.

But I don't know why he wants to stay in Congress, does he want to be a lifer?  I think he can still run for mayor, he would be the biggest name on the ballot if Alec Baldwin stays out.  New Yorkers don't care about his multiple Weiner pics, in fact, he should own it and tape a Weiner photo to his forward.  "Look I'm proud of my Weiner and my name is Weiner, so vote for Weiner" - but he might get arrested for disseminating lewd pictures.  New Yorkers love him for some inexplicable reason, and so do women now that they seen him and our turned on, he is a shoe-in for mayor. 

Also, he'll be kicked out of the Democrat Caucus soon, so he's got that going for him.

I haven't seen his city wide polling numbers.  Just because his current constituents support him doesn't mean he's going to win in Rangel's district and vica versa.  Until I see some polling numbers that are city wide I have my doubts.

The other thing is I don't think this guy can do anything else.  He can be kicked off every plum committee he's on and be banished to congressional Siberia.  Its still better than being a jobless disgraced politician with a baby on the way.

He'll have a really lucrative lobbying contract the second he resigns.  His district is part of Wall Street or near it.  Granted, he'll no longer have the title of congressman, and I know deep down he only cares about being famous to get chicks on the internet if he's a congressmen. 

No cyber girl will want cybersext with a "lobbyist-former disgraced congressman"

I just don't think he has enough panache to be a lobbyist.  The guy is toxic.,  The only thing that's going to heal his credibility is time and being in congress.  He really doesn't have any other options.

If he was a lobbyist would you take a call from him?  None of the Democratic leadership will take this guy's phone calls.  When you buy a lobbyist you're buying access.  I don't know how much Weiner's diminished roledex is worth on the open market.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »

Apparently obama just said hed resign if he was Weiner.
milhouse24
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2011, 09:45:17 PM »

I just don't think he has enough panache to be a lobbyist.  The guy is toxic.,  The only thing that's going to heal his credibility is time and being in congress.  He really doesn't have any other options.

If he was a lobbyist would you take a call from him?  None of the Democratic leadership will take this guy's phone calls.  When you buy a lobbyist you're buying access.  I don't know how much Weiner's diminished roledex is worth on the open market.

I would think there would be firms seeking a liberal jewish wall street savvy politician, who knows how not to use social media.  Women's groups seem to like him so there's always planned parenthood.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2011, 10:55:42 PM »

Well then my position changes. Weiner should resign ASAP.
t_host1

« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2011, 09:11:30 AM »

WOW it's official!!!

Pres. Barrak H. Obama says he'd resign if Weiner would.

unless I misunderstood something...
milhouse24
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2011, 11:32:15 AM »

Well then my position changes. Weiner should resign ASAP.

Hah, you think an arrogant selfish sociopath would listen to the President?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies