Should Anthony Weiner resign?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:18:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should Anthony Weiner resign?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: Should Anthony Weiner resign?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Should Anthony Weiner resign?  (Read 8354 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2011, 05:05:17 PM »

... There are millions of Sexual Predators on Myspace and online that entice women and contribute to misogynistic culture of sexual gratification.  He was not looking for friends to donate to his campaign, he was sadistically manipulating these women for his personal urges because he was a famous politician abusing his power over young vulnerable women.

milhouse, you have to be kidding.  No one is such a prude.

Those sluts were begging to see his schlong - that's what they do on there.  You need to get over your chauvinism.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2011, 05:16:59 PM »

I hate Weiner, and so does the leadership, so he should resign. Senator Vitter, ofcourse, should of resigned. The only politician who does this, and gets support from me is Mark Sanford-at least he loved the "mistress" (future wife, potentially).
milhouse24
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2011, 05:20:35 PM »

... There are millions of Sexual Predators on Myspace and online that entice women and contribute to misogynistic culture of sexual gratification.  He was not looking for friends to donate to his campaign, he was sadistically manipulating these women for his personal urges because he was a famous politician abusing his power over young vulnerable women.

milhouse, you have to be kidding.  No one is such a prude.

Those sluts were begging to see his schlong - that's what they do on there.  You need to get over your chauvinism.

Awesome, blame the female groupie!  Just sleep your way to the top, then sell the photos for money, because men make more than women because women just get pregnant and voluntarily quit the workforce, lots of money is wasted on college education for women who won't use their degrees.  Yes, and Lewisnsky sucked Bill off because he was some random used car salesman; and not the most powerful man in the world with a harem of concubines.  Besides, women are pro-choice because they're sluts who can't control their urges or know how to use birth control or contraceptives.  LOL.  Everything is the women's fault and their skanky outfits.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2011, 05:34:22 PM »

His constituents should decide. His constituents don't want him to resign.

Therefore, he should not resign.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2011, 05:43:47 PM »

Awesome, blame the female ... Everything is the women's fault and their skanky outfits.

I can't blame anyone nor think anyone is 'at fault' because I don't think anything 'wrong' or bad was done.  Everyone has naughty parts, milhouse, both men and ladies, and they all want sex.. oh, and monogamy is a perversion.
danny
Israel

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2011, 06:56:03 PM »

I think he should resign because it looks bad from a PR standpoint and for the party.  Go hide for 2 years and then run for mayor, people forget things, and he might actually win.  The point is to stay out of the news and make people forget how much of a scumbag you are.  Look at George Allen, he's going to be Senator again, and he's not as bad as what Weiner did

Sure, Weiner can become the white version of Rangel, who is censured and just riding out retirement in the HOR.  But does Weiner really want to go through a Headline grabbing and fund-raising zapping ethics investigation?  Resign, take your public punishment, then in 1 year start calling up all the big donors and explain how you learned your lesson, went into sext rehab with tiger woods, and are now ready to be the next mayor of NYC.  Besides, he really enjoyed being a stay at home dad to his newborn child, learned the values of fatherhood, the importance of family, etc. etc. 

My prediction, he resigns on some Friday, maybe before July 4th, when every one is on vacation and no one notices.  Just like Keiser Soze, he was gone, poof. 

Plus it gives him more time and freedom to stalk facebook and twitter and maybe some CL.

And this my friend is why anyone with brown skin has a natural distrust of the Republican party.  What Weiner did was a consensual exchange between adults in presumed privacy.

You do realize that it is illegal to send naked photos to minors or written lewd communication.  Also, its considered sexual harassment to send naked photos to strangers, that Weiner never even met in person.  For God Sake, some of the women could have been Men/Private Detectives/RNC activists who pretended to be young women entrapping him to commit these morally reprehensive behavior.  The Women were complete STRANGERS, they were not his friends, girlfriends, co-workers, constituents.  He NEVER MET THEM BEFORE and he's sending them pictures of his Weiner?  How can you consider that an adult dating relationship?  There are millions of Sexual Predators on Myspace and online that entice women and contribute to misogynistic culture of sexual gratification.  He was not looking for friends to donate to his campaign, he was sadistically manipulating these women for his personal urges because he was a famous politician abusing his power over young vulnerable women.  If you trust Weiner so much, have your daughters, or nieces work for him as an intern, it must be fun.

your assumption that women couldn't want some sexual gratification themselves, and that if they said they did then they had to have been manipulated by a guy seems much more chauvinistic than anything Weiner did.

And sadistically? Really? You think Weiner sent lewd photos to those women because he wanted to see them suffer? That makes no sense.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2011, 07:01:20 PM »

I only support his resignation if substantial evidence is revealed showing that he broke the law. I haven't seen that yet.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2011, 07:11:49 PM »

I only support his resignation if substantial evidence is revealed showing that he broke the a serious law, particularly misuse of public funds. I haven't seen that yet.
milhouse24
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2011, 07:55:48 PM »

Awesome, blame the female ... Everything is the women's fault and their skanky outfits.

I can't blame anyone nor think anyone is 'at fault' because I don't think anything 'wrong' or bad was done.  Everyone has naughty parts, milhouse, both men and ladies, and they all want sex.. oh, and monogamy is a perversion.

Hah, I'm actually anti-marriage myself, no need for govt interference in people's personal lives.  Marriage as an institution in need of govt certificates is outdated and unnecessary.  Humans do not want to live monogamous lives, well at least Men don't want to live monogamous lives. 

But I do agree with you that it was a secret Right Wing conspiracy to entrap Weiner into cybering with these women and sending compromising photos that can be used as political weapons against the National Democratic party in a tight election year.  But it was just between 2 consenting strangers, and one of them was a guy who could not get laid anonymously but instead had to tell everyone he was a congressman.  Think how strange that is, he told these women he was a famous powerful married congressman, and he wanted to have sexty talk with them and send naked photos.  Do you realize that that is an insane thing to do for a semi-famous public official on every RW hit list?  If he's guilty of one thing, its not that he's an online sext addict, but he's also insanely politically stupid. 

Sure Weiner has personal problems at the moment.  But the bigger picture is that this is the RNC vs. the DNC and its warfare, every minor issue is warfare.  Family Values, Health Care, Jobs, Economy.  Also, everyone wants to get paid - if I had lewd photos of Weiner's Weiner, I would sell them to the National Enquirer for thousands of dollars, or photos of Clinton holding hands with a hot woman, Chris Lee, Mehlman kissing Lindsay G, etc.
milhouse24
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2011, 07:57:55 PM »

I think he should resign because it looks bad from a PR standpoint and for the party.  Go hide for 2 years and then run for mayor, people forget things, and he might actually win.  The point is to stay out of the news and make people forget how much of a scumbag you are.  Look at George Allen, he's going to be Senator again, and he's not as bad as what Weiner did

Sure, Weiner can become the white version of Rangel, who is censured and just riding out retirement in the HOR.  But does Weiner really want to go through a Headline grabbing and fund-raising zapping ethics investigation?  Resign, take your public punishment, then in 1 year start calling up all the big donors and explain how you learned your lesson, went into sext rehab with tiger woods, and are now ready to be the next mayor of NYC.  Besides, he really enjoyed being a stay at home dad to his newborn child, learned the values of fatherhood, the importance of family, etc. etc. 

My prediction, he resigns on some Friday, maybe before July 4th, when every one is on vacation and no one notices.  Just like Keiser Soze, he was gone, poof. 

Plus it gives him more time and freedom to stalk facebook and twitter and maybe some CL.

And this my friend is why anyone with brown skin has a natural distrust of the Republican party.  What Weiner did was a consensual exchange between adults in presumed privacy.

You do realize that it is illegal to send naked photos to minors or written lewd communication.  Also, its considered sexual harassment to send naked photos to strangers, that Weiner never even met in person.  For God Sake, some of the women could have been Men/Private Detectives/RNC activists who pretended to be young women entrapping him to commit these morally reprehensive behavior.  The Women were complete STRANGERS, they were not his friends, girlfriends, co-workers, constituents.  He NEVER MET THEM BEFORE and he's sending them pictures of his Weiner?  How can you consider that an adult dating relationship?  There are millions of Sexual Predators on Myspace and online that entice women and contribute to misogynistic culture of sexual gratification.  He was not looking for friends to donate to his campaign, he was sadistically manipulating these women for his personal urges because he was a famous politician abusing his power over young vulnerable women.  If you trust Weiner so much, have your daughters, or nieces work for him as an intern, it must be fun.

your assumption that women couldn't want some sexual gratification themselves, and that if they said they did then they had to have been manipulated by a guy seems much more chauvinistic than anything Weiner did.

And sadistically? Really? You think Weiner sent lewd photos to those women because he wanted to see them suffer? That makes no sense.

Yes, Rich powerful politicians are easily manipulated by single moms on facebook and white house interns.  Hello Secret Service, yes, pick up these women for me, no reason needed. 
milhouse24
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2011, 08:03:45 PM »

I only support his resignation if substantial evidence is revealed showing that he broke the law. I haven't seen that yet.

You'd think with the salary that tax-payers are paying him, he would have better things to do than spend all day on twitter and facebook cybersexting with younger women.  He's one horny dude who can't control himself.  larry flynt still sends you those monthly issues, just use those. 

But ultimately its up to the Campaign donors who give him money to decide whether he stays or goes.  Some people could make a case for unwanted harassment or sexual harrasment or corrupting a minor or invasion of privacy. I don't know, it would be handled in civil court or arbitration or quietly settled with hush money.
danny
Israel

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2011, 08:22:09 PM »

Yes, Rich powerful politicians are easily manipulated by single moms on facebook and white house interns.  Hello Secret Service, yes, pick up these women for me, no reason needed. 

You're using a straw man, I never said the women manipulated anyone, just that there was mutual consent.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2011, 09:34:40 PM »

Yes.
milhouse24
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2011, 10:22:06 PM »

You're using a straw man, I never said the women manipulated anyone, just that there was mutual consent.

You can disagree, but do you really think a young naive poorer woman can have a mutually consensual relationship with a "powerful" congressman or "powerful" President of the United States.  Just think about it, one person can pick up the phone and call the secret service, fbi, cia, local police etc. if you piss them off or decline their sexual advances. 

The relationship between the President of the US or a Congressman and an intern is not mutual because the power structure is so imbalanced. 

Now I do agree that these woman secretly used Weiner so that they could blackmail him or sell the photos, messages, to the highest bidder.  These women loved cyber-sexting with a famous and powerful men.  Its human nature, women desire powerful men, women need to feel safe and secure and have their fantasies of a prince charming.  Weiner got off on their beauty and the women got off on the power and the fame.  That's just human nature.

Now, what if Weiner was a school teacher, because he would have a morality clause in his contract, and would be fired for doing anything considered indecent or a poor role model.  Can a male school teacher send naked photos to random women on the internet who he has never met?  Would someone in such a prestigious position as a schoolteacher be treated with a different set a rules as a supposedly more prestigious Congressman who is also supposed to be a role model for children?  I do agree its unfair to be a role model and live up to the pressures, but Weiner makes a high salary, paid by the Tax payers, so I don't feel bad for the embaressment that he's gone through, just as long as he continues bombing dark skinned people.  I support Weiner and so should you.
milhouse24
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2011, 10:26:15 PM »

I don't care either way.  Everyone loses.  But the RNC gains more money every day he stays in office.  The DNC loses more money every day he stays in office. 

Its up to his wall street friends if they support him or not.  Why did he get married in the first place - oh yeah, because he's a social climber who wants to have dinner with Bill and Hillary Clinton, BFF forever!
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2011, 10:46:58 PM »

Yeah, it's time. I personally don't feel like he's done anything worth resigning over but at this point I just want the distraction to go away. Sure it's hypocritical for him to resign and not Vitter, but life's not fair.

I also don't really understand why some Democrats here are getting so upset about this; the entire affair is meaningless in terms of pushing our agenda and enacting policy. He's a liability who can't contribute anything to the party at this point. Cut him loose.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2011, 11:22:29 PM »

Indeed. I think it might help to remember that Weiner wasn't exactly a liberal saint in public office either. On Israel, transportation issues, and campaign ethics, some liberals might see some flaws as well?

Yeah, it's time. I personally don't feel like he's done anything worth resigning over but at this point I just want the distraction to go away. Sure it's hypocritical for him to resign and not Vitter, but life's not fair.

I also don't really understand why some Democrats here are getting so upset about this; the entire affair is meaningless in terms of pushing our agenda and enacting policy. He's a liability who can't contribute anything to the party at this point. Cut him loose.

I guess there's some anger at the hypocrisy. At the point that Jefferson was caught with $30k in his freezer, Pelosi only asked him to resign from his committee, not altogether, I think.  And Charlie Rangel has committed sins of public office as well, but he had more friends.

Of course, Weiner allowed this to become a tabloid mega-scandal because of many of his own actions.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2011, 11:28:04 PM »

I voted No.

He is a fine representative of everything the Democratic party stands for, and particularly well represents the New York delegation.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2011, 12:08:29 PM »

I voted No.

He is a fine representative of everything the Democratic party stands for, and particularly well represents the New York delegation.

Huh
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2011, 12:13:22 PM »

The Republican 2012ers are all fishing for Nikki Haley's endorsement though she's never offered a good explanation for evidence of her affair.  And unlike Weiner, she promised to resign if caught.

I don't think his lying about sexual behavior is a big deal. Why should people who don't live in NY-9 say who reps them?  Not that NY-9 will still be a district next congress. Hard to imagine he won't get drawn out, no?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2011, 12:30:36 PM »

I voted No.

Huh

Well hung?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2011, 01:24:08 PM »

The Republican 2012ers are all fishing for Nikki Haley's endorsement though she's never offered a good explanation for evidence of her affair.  And unlike Weiner, she promised to resign if caught.

I don't think his lying about sexual behavior is a big deal. Why should people who don't live in NY-9 say who reps them?  Not that NY-9 will still be a district next congress. Hard to imagine he won't get drawn out, no?

You are not at least a tad bit concerned that if a chap lies for what he views as personal gain on what matter, that it might spill over into others?  And just why politicians when it comes to sexual matters, don't just say no comment, and I won't be commenting, and thanks for your interest, has always puzzled me. Why?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2011, 01:34:33 PM »

You are not at least a tad bit concerned that if a chap lies for what he views as personal gain on what matter, that it might spill over into others?  And just why politicians when it comes to sexual matters, don't just say no comment, and I won't be commenting, and thanks for your interest, has always puzzled me. Why?

This occurred to me, but then I realized it was a patently silly argument. There is no doubt that nearly every politician lies for personal gain. Why only kick out the ones who get caught with their pants literally down? Compare, say, the ridiculous and well-documented lies for personal [political] gain that come out of the mouths of Michelle Bachmann or Dana Rohrabacher or Debbie Wasserman-Schultz or Dennis Kucinich, who aren't expected to resign.

The best argument for resignation in these situations is a little bit circular in itself. He's become totally ineffective as a legislator and is simply incapable of performing the job now. Of course, that wouldn't necessarily be the case if everyone weren't so caught up in the scandal...
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2011, 01:35:32 PM »

And just why politicians when it comes to sexual matters, don't just say no comment, and I won't be commenting, and thanks for your interest, has always puzzled me. Why?

Because most people would take that "no comment" to actually mean "yes, I did it", replying with a "no comment" would add fuel to the media fire.  Not to mention, most politicians are brazen enough to think they can just lie about such things and get away with it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2011, 01:50:22 PM »

And just why politicians when it comes to sexual matters, don't just say no comment, and I won't be commenting, and thanks for your interest, has always puzzled me. Why?

Because most people would take that "no comment" to actually mean "yes, I did it", replying with a "no comment" would add fuel to the media fire.  Not to mention, most politicians are brazen enough to think they can just lie about such things and get away with it.

It's better than lying, and in my opinion, is nobody's business, unless a crime was committed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies