Should Anthony Weiner resign? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:35:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should Anthony Weiner resign? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Anthony Weiner resign?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Should Anthony Weiner resign?  (Read 8437 times)
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« on: June 10, 2011, 11:00:49 PM »

The fact that you approve of him (and we all know why you put him in your sig) should make it clear that your "Christianity" is an act.

Ahh... The best part of any internet forum is when people start rating each others Christianity.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 11:52:42 PM »

What the hell does that have to do with anything? And Weiner is Jewish anyway.

The fact that you approve of him (and we all know why you put him in your sig) should make it clear that your "Christianity" is an act.

I'd ask, what does Weiner's Judaism have to do with anything? It's the fact that you, as a "Christian", are applauding him for his recent actions that I'm criticizing.

His recent actions have no effect on him in Congress.

Uh, no. Even if we assumed that it didn't, you can't claim "yes, he did something wrong, but it doesn't affect him as a politician." We know why you put up a signature saying he is a "Freedom Fighter" (!) and why it wasn't there until recently--you approve of what he did, and that's not Christian.

Christ forgives.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 12:02:27 AM »

I agree. It would take a lot for me to resign from a government where the whoring adulterer hypocrite David Vitter walks the halls and gets standing ovations and donations from Republican Senators.  The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

This matter is between this man, his conscience, his wife and his constituents.  If he can square all those and he thinks he can pull a Vitter, more power to him.

I may think he is an awful person because of what he did but I am not in his district or state.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 11:27:40 AM »

I think he should resign because it looks bad from a PR standpoint and for the party.  Go hide for 2 years and then run for mayor, people forget things, and he might actually win.  The point is to stay out of the news and make people forget how much of a scumbag you are.  Look at George Allen, he's going to be Senator again, and he's not as bad as what Weiner did

Sure, Weiner can become the white version of Rangel, who is censured and just riding out retirement in the HOR.  But does Weiner really want to go through a Headline grabbing and fund-raising zapping ethics investigation?  Resign, take your public punishment, then in 1 year start calling up all the big donors and explain how you learned your lesson, went into sext rehab with tiger woods, and are now ready to be the next mayor of NYC.  Besides, he really enjoyed being a stay at home dad to his newborn child, learned the values of fatherhood, the importance of family, etc. etc. 

My prediction, he resigns on some Friday, maybe before July 4th, when every one is on vacation and no one notices.  Just like Keiser Soze, he was gone, poof. 

Plus it gives him more time and freedom to stalk facebook and twitter and maybe some CL.

And this my friend is why anyone with brown skin has a natural distrust of the Republican party.  What Weiner did was a consensual exchange between adults in presumed privacy.

George Allen threw out a racial epithet on a microphone at a young opposition campaign worker that was video taping his rally.  How you can equate these two things is beyond my comprehension.  Do you have any idea how many people George Allen personally offended?  Do you have any idea how much distrust George Allen sowed between ethnic minorities and the Republican party?

Weiner will in all likelihood NEVER be a Charlie Rangel.  Rangel is a Korea War hero.  Rangel has had a long and distinguished Congressional career.  Rangel has something Weiner doesn't have... friends.  Weiner forgot one important lesson.  You must build friendships and relationships BEFORE you have a scandal.  What Rangel did is certainly more pertinent to his job as a Congressman than what Weiner did.  But Rangel had friends.

I'm not an expert on NYC politics but I don't know anything about Weiner other than he is Congressman.  Without that he's nothing at this point and I don't see him coming out of nowhere and becoming mayor of NYC.  NYC mayor is NOT a consolation prize for disgraced politicians.  George Allen was frequently mentioned as a presidential candidate.  If he can motivate the racist vote in Virginia and there are no credible opponents he could be a senator again.  But there is no way anyone lets him near the White House.  These guys put a ceiling on their careers.  They may be able to win reelection in their constituencies but there is no way they breakout from there.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 12:38:19 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2011, 12:40:12 PM by CitizenX »

With all the real problems in the world, anybody concerned by this is a fool. So he sent some dirty pics. Big f'ing deal. What he did was sleazy as hell, but it has nothing to do with his job as a Congressman.

You do understand that the clintonista's - obamac's are at the forefront of creating all of these problems.

Hillary & Yuma doing all this traveling - - together... Bill Clinton instructing Weiner, its just the way they all roll. I'm sure all this hubaboo is not a problem for them, it's just part of their circle.

You have just lost all credibility.

Obama is the most squeaky clean president we've had since Jimmy Carter.  Reagan was our first and only divorced president (so much for Republican family values).  HW Bush had all those affair rumors with Jennifer Fitzgerald.  Clinton... speaks for itself.  W Bush was a drunken womanizer until his 40s.

What on earth are you talking about?!  Alright I'm going to calm down for a minute here.  I'm going to assume you were just joking.  Right?

CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 12:08:29 PM »

I voted No.

He is a fine representative of everything the Democratic party stands for, and particularly well represents the New York delegation.

Huh
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 03:18:00 PM »

I was under the impression that Weiner wants to run for NYC mayor.  Therefore its pointless to stay in the HOR.  If I were him, I would only leave if I got financial donations from Pelosi and other Democrats for his mayoral campaign, sure its blackmailing other Democrats, but he really wants to be mayor more than he wants to be a congressman.  Weiner just wants a buyout, or maybe he really needs that congressional health care plan for his wife's pregnancy, I hear its the best hmo in the nation.

Weiner is NOT going to be NYC mayor anytime soon.  As I stated before NYC mayor is NOT a consolation prize for disgraced politicians.  Without his House seat Weiner is nothing.  Weiner's biggest concern at the moment should be redistricting.  Polls show his constituents support him... at the moment.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 06:50:34 PM »

I was under the impression that Weiner wants to run for NYC mayor.  Therefore its pointless to stay in the HOR.  If I were him, I would only leave if I got financial donations from Pelosi and other Democrats for his mayoral campaign, sure its blackmailing other Democrats, but he really wants to be mayor more than he wants to be a congressman.  Weiner just wants a buyout, or maybe he really needs that congressional health care plan for his wife's pregnancy, I hear its the best hmo in the nation.

Weiner is NOT going to be NYC mayor anytime soon.  As I stated before NYC mayor is NOT a consolation prize for disgraced politicians.  Without his House seat Weiner is nothing.  Weiner's biggest concern at the moment should be redistricting.  Polls show his constituents support him... at the moment.

But I don't know why he wants to stay in Congress, does he want to be a lifer?  I think he can still run for mayor, he would be the biggest name on the ballot if Alec Baldwin stays out.  New Yorkers don't care about his multiple Weiner pics, in fact, he should own it and tape a Weiner photo to his forward.  "Look I'm proud of my Weiner and my name is Weiner, so vote for Weiner" - but he might get arrested for disseminating lewd pictures.  New Yorkers love him for some inexplicable reason, and so do women now that they seen him and our turned on, he is a shoe-in for mayor. 

Also, he'll be kicked out of the Democrat Caucus soon, so he's got that going for him.

I haven't seen his city wide polling numbers.  Just because his current constituents support him doesn't mean he's going to win in Rangel's district and vica versa.  Until I see some polling numbers that are city wide I have my doubts.

The other thing is I don't think this guy can do anything else.  He can be kicked off every plum committee he's on and be banished to congressional Siberia.  Its still better than being a jobless disgraced politician with a baby on the way.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 08:57:20 PM »

But I don't know why he wants to stay in Congress, does he want to be a lifer?  I think he can still run for mayor, he would be the biggest name on the ballot if Alec Baldwin stays out.  New Yorkers don't care about his multiple Weiner pics, in fact, he should own it and tape a Weiner photo to his forward.  "Look I'm proud of my Weiner and my name is Weiner, so vote for Weiner" - but he might get arrested for disseminating lewd pictures.  New Yorkers love him for some inexplicable reason, and so do women now that they seen him and our turned on, he is a shoe-in for mayor. 

Also, he'll be kicked out of the Democrat Caucus soon, so he's got that going for him.

I haven't seen his city wide polling numbers.  Just because his current constituents support him doesn't mean he's going to win in Rangel's district and vica versa.  Until I see some polling numbers that are city wide I have my doubts.

The other thing is I don't think this guy can do anything else.  He can be kicked off every plum committee he's on and be banished to congressional Siberia.  Its still better than being a jobless disgraced politician with a baby on the way.

He'll have a really lucrative lobbying contract the second he resigns.  His district is part of Wall Street or near it.  Granted, he'll no longer have the title of congressman, and I know deep down he only cares about being famous to get chicks on the internet if he's a congressmen. 

No cyber girl will want cybersext with a "lobbyist-former disgraced congressman"

I just don't think he has enough panache to be a lobbyist.  The guy is toxic.,  The only thing that's going to heal his credibility is time and being in congress.  He really doesn't have any other options.

If he was a lobbyist would you take a call from him?  None of the Democratic leadership will take this guy's phone calls.  When you buy a lobbyist you're buying access.  I don't know how much Weiner's diminished roledex is worth on the open market.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies