BRTD and opebo break up after years of a storybook romance. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:20:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  BRTD and opebo break up after years of a storybook romance. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BRTD and opebo break up after years of a storybook romance.  (Read 3071 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: June 17, 2011, 02:52:11 PM »
« edited: July 09, 2011, 08:01:09 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

who gives a ***** if someone doesn't capitalize properly?  it's an Internet forum, not a newspaper or academic paper...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2011, 08:01:36 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

who gives a **** if someone doesn't capitalize properly?  it's an Internet forum, not a newspaper or academic paper...

Harry, if you're referring to my "complaint" about BRTD not capitalizing the "o" in opebo when begininning a sentence, it was pointed out because he capitalizes the first letter of a word every other time he starts a sentence.

You've only been back for a day and already irritating.

grammar smack is always Bush-league, Phil.

(Unless BRTD has been criticizing others' capitalization habits while I've been gone; in which case, I would retract my comments.)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 09:39:48 PM »

Neither Xahar nor Phil is necessarily wrong, as it depends on which type of style you're using.

In AP style, you always capitalize the first letter of a sentence, no matter what:  "IPods are cool."

Since this forum doesn't have a rule about style (unless the mods have introduced one in my absence...I wouldn't put anything past them), it would depend on which style BRTD is using.  Unless he's claimed to be writing his posts in AP in the past, he could still claim to be correct.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies