President Nym's Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:59:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  President Nym's Administration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: President Nym's Administration  (Read 6157 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 23, 2004, 11:43:23 PM »

President Nym's administration & cabinet is filled up and competed. The positions are as follows:

Nym90 (D): President of the Atlas Forum
Harry (D): Vice President of the Atlas Forum
Christopher Micheal (I): Presidential Chief of Staff
Gustaf (D): Sec. of State
Dunn (P): Sec. of Defense
MAS117 (D): Attorney General
GWBFan (R): Sec. of Treasury
DemRepDan (D): Sec. of Forum Affairs

If you have any questions regarding these positions feel free to post those in this thread. I'd like to thank all members of President Nym's first tri-partisianship cabinet. God Bless the Forum.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 11:48:14 PM »

Don't forget _ofthisnation as Press Secretary, though that's not technically part of the cabinet (as isn't Chief of Staff). Also, if we are including the whole staff, don't forget the Secreta...I mean, Chief Labor Adviser, Al. Smiley
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 11:52:29 PM »

Good point Mr. President, I'm sorry to those guys. Updated directory of the Admnin:

Nym90 (D): President of the Atlas Forum
Christopher Micheal (I): Presidential Chief of Staff
Gustaf (D): Sec. of State
Dunn (P): Sec. of Defense
GWBFan (R): Sec. of Treasury
DemRepDan (D): Sec. of Forum Affairs
of_thisnation (D): Presidential Press Secetary
Al (D): Chief Labor Advisor
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 05:58:51 AM »

Chief Labor Adviser... I like that name Smiley
ShapeShifter

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 04:51:30 PM »

I call for these people ABOVE to settle the matter.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 12:07:49 PM »

Now that the Treausry department is gone... is Al the Sec. of Labor again?
Demrepdan

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 08:32:50 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2004, 08:36:15 PM by Forum Affairs Secretary Demrepdan »

The current administration and line of succession is as follows:

Nym90: (D): President of the Atlas Forum
Gustaf (D): Secretary of State
Dunn (P): Secretary of Defense and Security
Demrepdan (D): Secretary of Forum Affairs
Al (D): Secretary of Labor

And also Christopher Michael (I) is the Presidential Chief of staff....but he is not included in the line of succesion...nor is of_thisnation (D) who is Press Secretary...

P.S. [size=12]THIS IS MY 1000th POST!!!  Smiley Smiley Grin[/size]
ShapeShifter

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 08:38:26 PM »

The current administration and line of succession is as follows:

Nym90: (D): President of the Atlas Forum
Gustaf (D): Secretary of State
Dunn (P): Secretary of Defense and Security
Demrepdan (D): Secretary of Forum Affairs
Al (D): Secretary of Labor

And also Christopher Michael (I) is the Presidential Chief of staff....but he is not included in the line of succesion...nor is of_thisnation (D) who is Press Secretary...

P.S. [size=12]THIS IS MY 1000th POST!!!  Smiley Smiley Grin[/size]

Is there anywhere that says ... what are the job of these people???

Thanks
Demrepdan

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2004, 09:07:47 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2004, 09:11:59 PM by Forum Affairs Secretary Demrepdan »

Is there anywhere that says ... what are the job of these people???

Thanks

There's nothing in the constitution, I'm afraid.... Undecided

But I have the job responsibilities of each person in my head.

The President's job...is in the constitution.....to offer leadership.....be the Commander in Chief of the Armed forces of the Forum....as well as chief legislature....and chief representative.

Vice President doesn't have much of a job really.....but to consult with the President......and do...."Vice Presidential things".

The Secretary of State...helps us know what is going on outside the Fantasy Election thread...and also keeps the records of the administration to which he belongs...(he's like the President's right-hand man....right after the Vice President). He is also the “unofficial leader” of the cabinet.

The Secretary of Defense and Security helps weed out trolls....and helps protect the Forum from invaders...who want to bring down the Atlas Forum....his job his to protect the Atlas Forum at all costs....to be an enforcer....and he must also help the President conduct a war.....if one is ever declared by the Senate.

Attorney General.....has a job very similar to that of a Supreme Court Justice....except he can't make any rulings....he just steps in on any occasion in which the law of the Constitution of the Atlas Forum is being broken....and he his also the chief law advisor the  President.

Secretary of Forum Affairs....must upkeep stability at the forum. Must stop erroneous posts and posters. Must also keep any eye out on posts from other parts of the forum to maintain security. His job is very much like that of the Secretary of Defense and Security....except he does not help fight wars...he just stops all mischief and bad doings around the Forum.

Secretary of Labor....has the least responsibility.....he must help find ABLE people who wish to work for the Forum in some way or another. Anyone who is looking for a job...and wishes to be part of the Fantasy Election process. Be it under a Department....or in a Region. If a cabinet vacancy were to ever take place......the Secretary of Labor may advice the President on whom should be the replacement.

Secretary of Treasury..must deal with money matters of the forum....and since there ARE no money matters......I decided that this position was irrelevant....and violates the 5th "amendment" of the Constitution. (I told you guys that 5'th "amendment" would come in handy at times Wink ) So I replaced him with the Secretary of Labor....who has little power...but more so than a Treasury Secretary....

Then on the lower end....you have the Chief of Staff....who simply handles the President's things....and is very much like his right-hand man.....and then the Press Secretary....who informs Forum Members....of Presidential news.....
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 11:37:20 AM »

Vice President doesn't have much of a job really.....but to consult with the President......and do...."Vice Presidential things".

"Vice Presidential things"... meaning "Badgering Progressives incessantly about rejoining the Dems" Wink Smiley
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2004, 11:50:16 AM »

"Vice Presidential things"... meaning "Badgering Progressives incessantly about rejoining the Dems" Wink Smiley
Perhaps the duties of the Forum Affairs Secretary could be transferred to the VP.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2004, 12:53:22 PM »

Perhaps the duties of the Forum Affairs Secretary could be transferred to the VP.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.  The duties of the forum secretary are to important (relative to other cabinet duties) to be relegated to an unelected official.  Whether they are transferred to the President, VP, or some other new office, I don't really care, but VP would be appropriate.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2004, 01:02:47 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree with this.  The duties of the forum secretary are to important (relative to other cabinet duties) to be relegated to an unelected official.  Whether they are transferred to the President, VP, or some other new office, I don't really care, but VP would be appropriate.
Definitely. The FA position can so easily be abused (I am not implying that the incumbent has done so, I just mean that the position seems to carry significant power, and as we all know power corrupts, &c). I think that the various cabinet positions should be sinecure.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2004, 05:14:03 PM »

You all voted for a 5 member Presidential cabinet... I think there should be a Sec. of Forum Affairs, it should not be delegated to the VP.
Demrepdan

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2004, 07:14:55 PM »

Definitely. The FA position can so easily be abused (I am not implying that the incumbent has done so, I just mean that the position seems to carry significant power, and as we all know power corrupts, &c). I think that the various cabinet positions should be sinecure.

lol....don't mean to imply that the incumbent has done so, eh? Well....I know you say you don't....but I know you do.....and so does everyone else who suggested this idea.....because you don't say anything about the Secretary of Defense and Security.....and he has more power than I do. I attempt to keep things tidy and civil....he has the power to conduct war.....and potentially punish people at the forum who have done wrong-doings. But yet....evidently in your eyes....I'm the most powerful person at the forum. Well....perhaps you're right....maybe the Forum Affairs Secretaries job should be to.....uhh......to umm......make....one post.....week. Which I have been doing! Smiley In fact MORE than one post every week! Grin So I guess that makes me the best DAMN Secretary of Forum Affairs ever......
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2004, 07:24:23 PM »

lol....don't mean to imply that the incumbent has done so, eh? Well....I know you say you don't....but I know you do.....and so does everyone else who suggested this idea.....because you don't say anything about the Secretary of Defense and Security.....and he has more power than I do. I attempt to keep things tidy and civil....he has the power to conduct war.....and potentially punish people at the forum who have done wrong-doings. But yet....evidently in your eyes....I'm the most powerful person at the forum. Well....perhaps you're right....maybe the Forum Affairs Secretaries job should be to.....uhh......to umm......make....one post.....week. Which I have been doing! Smiley In fact MORE than one post every week! Grin So I guess that makes me the best DAMN Secretary of Forum Affairs ever......
None of the other Cabinet members have any practical function.
dunn

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2004, 07:26:45 PM »

i am fighting the trolls! defens the Atlas! pulling the trppos out of Iraq...mmmm... no... not that
Demrepdan

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2004, 07:30:21 PM »

They don't? Undecided well...the Attorney General can force me to stop if I do anything wrong (as well as the Supreme Court)....so by THAT reasoning....the ATTORNEY GENERAL is the most POWERFUL person. Hear that MAS117?! YAY!!!
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2004, 07:34:32 PM »

They don't? Undecided well...the Attorney General can force me to stop if I do anything wrong (as well as the Supreme Court)....so by THAT reasoning....the ATTORNEY GENERAL is the most POWERFUL person. Hear that MAS117?! YAY!!!
Currently, the Attorney-General has no authority at all, since there is no constitution. Speaking of which, do something about the Maps!
Demrepdan

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2004, 07:43:21 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2004, 07:46:16 PM by Forum Affairs Secretary Demrepdan »

Currently, the Attorney-General has no authority at all, since there is no constitution. Speaking of which, do something about the Maps!

I'm afraid to touch the maps! people will yell at me Sad And I have shell pink ears. Tongue So...I don't know what to do.....so I will just sit and suck my thumb until President Nym90 says something. My suggestion of starting over....may be a bit too.....tidious.....therefore....maybe NickG has a good idea there. YASURE! That's what we should do...we should just maybe.....use the current maps.....for both regions AND districts.....and then once we elect a Senate....let THEM decide....both the districts AND the regions...so they can both be in tune with the constitution. We'll just have to let everything....sllliiide by....just this once. Or....if people don't want to regions to be fixed up better (and I'm sure there are those out there just dying to oppose it if the idea ever came about)....then.....we'll just do the districts only.

So yeah....I think that's a good plan....but....we may have the 4th amendment....(as well as the wording)...missing....even after the full ratification. But we'll make it so everyone understands.....that once the senate decides....that's what the 4th amendment shall be......anyone else got any ideas?
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2004, 07:47:54 PM »

I'm afraid to touch the maps! people will yell at me Sad And I have shell pink ears. Tongue So...I don't know what to do.....so I will just sit and suck my thumb until President Nym90 says something.
Don't hold your breath.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I agree that the Senate, an elected body, will be able to properly declare the appropriate regions. Therefore, please make an official announcement as to the regions and districts so that we can start campaigning!
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2004, 08:42:38 PM »

DAMN STRAIGHT DAN! ALL HEIL THE POWERFUL AG!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2004, 07:38:09 AM »

I'm the leader of the cabinet? COOOOOOL! Smiley

dunn

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2004, 10:58:32 AM »

I'm the leader of the cabinet? COOOOOOL! Smiley

welcome back
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2004, 12:07:52 PM »

Thank you. Smiley I might release a new poll soon, lol. Wink

You progressives have damn sure been picking up speed...
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies