AP: Huntsman to Announce Bid Next Week (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:53:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  AP: Huntsman to Announce Bid Next Week (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AP: Huntsman to Announce Bid Next Week  (Read 8652 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 15, 2011, 03:49:30 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I've mentioned this for other candidates as well, but I still find this formulation strange.  In making the above statement, Huntsman has already announced that he's running.  So in effect, he's already announced.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 05:17:22 PM »

I'm wondering what angle Huntsman's campaign will take; how does he differentiate from Romney on the issues?

His angle will be to go after the same voters that Romney is going after, and peel off just enough of them to stop Romney from winning the nomination.  That way, when Huntsman runs in 2016, there will be no complaints of "but we already tried nominating a Mormon four years ago, and that didn't work".
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 06:36:21 PM »

I'm wondering what angle Huntsman's campaign will take; how does he differentiate from Romney on the issues?

His angle will be to go after the same voters that Romney is going after, and peel off just enough of them to stop Romney from winning the nomination.  That way, when Huntsman runs in 2016, there will be no complaints of "but we already tried nominating a Mormon four years ago, and that didn't work".

OMG, what a psycho, if his real motivation is to "protect the Obama administration" and prevent a Romney victory, he deserves to be kicked out of the GOP.  He will deliberately sabotage Mitt Romney's campaign so that Obama can be re-elected. 

This is really beyond crazy and should really give any GOP voter pause in supporting, donating, or campaigning for Huntsman.  He would be a traitor to his party and committing the ultimate treachery.  I would not be surprised if there is a secret deal between Huntsman and the Obama team.  Maybe he wants a seat on the supreme court? 

Seriously, stop Huntsman now, this guy is an Obama loyalist to the core. 

My suggestion was that Huntsman may try to stop Romney from winning the nomination, not that he'd try to stop him from winning the general election.  Romney winning the nomination would be bad for Huntsman, whether he goes on to win the general or not.  If Romney is the nominee and loses the GE, then the GOP is not going to nominate another Mormon in 2016.

Huntsman would obviously like to win the 2012 nomination himself.  But, barring that, he'd probably like to see the GOP nominate someone like Rick Perry rather than Romney.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies