AP: Huntsman to Announce Bid Next Week (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:05:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  AP: Huntsman to Announce Bid Next Week (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AP: Huntsman to Announce Bid Next Week  (Read 8665 times)
ajc0918
United States

« on: June 16, 2011, 01:28:19 PM »

I'll be voting for Huntsman.

(I'm a registered Republican)
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 10:57:16 AM »

I don't know if it's been posted, but here's the second video:

'4 Days'
http://vimeo.com/25237798
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 11:04:44 AM »

I'm wondering what angle Huntsman's campaign will take; how does he differentiate from Romney on the issues?

His angle will be to go after the same voters that Romney is going after, and peel off just enough of them to stop Romney from winning the nomination.  That way, when Huntsman runs in 2016, there will be no complaints of "but we already tried nominating a Mormon four years ago, and that didn't work".

OMG, what a psycho, if his real motivation is to "protect the Obama administration" and prevent a Romney victory, he deserves to be kicked out of the GOP.  He will deliberately sabotage Mitt Romney's campaign so that Obama can be re-elected. 

This is really beyond crazy and should really give any GOP voter pause in supporting, donating, or campaigning for Huntsman.  He would be a traitor to his party and committing the ultimate treachery.  I would not be surprised if there is a secret deal between Huntsman and the Obama team.  Maybe he wants a seat on the supreme court? 

Seriously, stop Huntsman now, this guy is an Obama loyalist to the core. 

Cool story bro.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 03:16:19 PM »

Huntsman took 2nd place at the Republican Leadership Conference.
Only after Ron Paul...

...the momentum builds....
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 10:16:02 PM »

HUNTSMAN 2012: GEN H!
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 12:12:15 AM »

Huntsman is a no good RINO and the Republican Party already tried putting up the Democrats' favorite Republican last time around and look what happened.

Care to explain how he is a "RINO"?

I think you're just confused because you haven't seen an intelligent and rational republican in a while.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 10:49:30 PM »

Huntsman raised $1.2 million on first day of campaign. Join the Hunt!

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/jon-huntsman-raises-1-2-million-on-first-day-of-campaign/
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 10:57:10 PM »

IIRC, that was pledged money, not actual donations?
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 07:40:25 PM »

Will Jeb Bush Jr. come on board soon?

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/politico/article/Jeb-Jr-joins-Huntsman-1439325.php
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 07:59:48 PM »

Well, I have twice asked you if you agreed with Huntsman on things like the 'stimulus' bill being too small.

If you disagreed with that position, or the others I have cited, you could have simply so noted.

So, where exactly do you disagree with Obama (as he and Huntsman are pretty much in agreement)?

Also, why support a copy instead of the original?

Is it the ugly face of raacism?

"I guess in hindsight we can all say that there were some fundamental flaws with it," the potential GOP presidential candidate told Politico two years ago. "It probably wasn’t large enough."

He's saying it probably wasn't big enough to make an impact, he's not saying it should be bigger, simply giving a problem of the stimulus doesn't give support of it.

Here's his official position on the stimulus:
"Jon Huntsman said that he wouldn’t have voted for President Obama’s stimulus plan and warned from the beginning that “much of the spending (in the stimulus) is misdirected and more likely to bloat the government than boost the economy.”"
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 09:05:58 PM »

Well, I have twice asked you if you agreed with Huntsman on things like the 'stimulus' bill being too small.

If you disagreed with that position, or the others I have cited, you could have simply so noted.

So, where exactly do you disagree with Obama (as he and Huntsman are pretty much in agreement)?

Also, why support a copy instead of the original?

Is it the ugly face of raacism?

"I guess in hindsight we can all say that there were some fundamental flaws with it," the potential GOP presidential candidate told Politico two years ago. "It probably wasn’t large enough."

He's saying it probably wasn't big enough to make an impact, he's not saying it should be bigger, simply giving a problem of the stimulus doesn't give support of it.

Here's his official position on the stimulus:
"Jon Huntsman said that he wouldn’t have voted for President Obama’s stimulus plan and warned from the beginning that “much of the spending (in the stimulus) is misdirected and more likely to bloat the government than boost the economy.”"

First, thank you for responding.

Second, the quote I was citing is NOT his revised (now that he's running) statement, but rather his original statement, which is:

Jon Huntsman Thought the Stimulus Was Too Small

2/1/11 at 2:15 PM

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/02/john_huntsman_thought_the_stim.html

So, which Jon Huntsman are you supporting?

And as to the other questions I posed...?

I referenced that quote in my response, you obviously didn't see it.
As to your other questions, you can ask them again if you want a response.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I do. Why is sanity frowned upon in today's GOP?

Me too. And I'm wondering the same...
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 11:08:02 AM »

So, you're in favor of strangling the economy using 'global warming' as a pretext, even though we're facing global cooling due to solar activity.

It's called climate change, but yeah.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 11:44:45 AM »

So, you're in favor of strangling the economy using 'global warming' as a pretext, even though we're facing global cooling due to solar activity.

It's called climate change, but yeah.

So, are you claiming that strangling the economy will stop the sun cycle from causing global cooling?

I really found the name change hilarious. 

If you believe the climate is too hot, or too cool, or too wet, or too dry - well then, you call it "climate change" and have the same Procrustean solution of strangling the economy.

Yes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies