AP: Huntsman to Announce Bid Next Week (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:18:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  AP: Huntsman to Announce Bid Next Week (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AP: Huntsman to Announce Bid Next Week  (Read 8649 times)
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« on: June 16, 2011, 01:50:38 PM »

I support limited military intervention in Libya, but after reading about his latest foreign policy pronouncements about withdrawing from Afghanistan, our military presence in certain corners of the world, and re-evaluating who our friends and who our enemies are, I must say that I support him even more strongly now.   
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 02:41:09 PM »

Huntsman is a no good RINO and the Republican Party already tried putting up the Democrats' favorite Republican last time around and look what happened.

Care to explain how he is a "RINO"?

I think you're just confused because you haven't seen an intelligent and rational republican in a while.

So, you agree with Huntsman that the so-called 'stimulus' bill was too small?!?
Yes. It should have cost at least $1 trillion.

Huntsman is a no good RINO and the Republican Party already tried putting up the Democrats' favorite Republican last time around and look what happened.

Care to explain how he is a "RINO"?

I think you're just confused because you haven't seen an intelligent and rational republican in a while.

He supports civil unions and other rights for same-sex couples (I'm not against that, but the majority of Republicans are), promoted cap and trade, supported an individual mandate for healthcare (If he tries going after Romney on this it will be a serious lol on him), does not believe in constructing a border fence, and is wobbly on the death penalty. Those are not positions a governor of the most Republican and Conservative state in the country should have been endorsing. Romney and Reagan for that matter have the excuse of having more liberal records are Governors considering how Massachusetts and California have always been much more progressive than most of the country.
I didn't know about his positions on the border fence and capital punishment. If true, that makes me support him even more strongly.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 12:21:44 PM »

Which Huntsman position on the individual mandate for healthcare coverage do you prefer?
I prefer his first position on the individual mandate, actually. It's unfortunate that he decided to abandon such a reasonable and level-headed position.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
If you're referring to his past support of emissions trading, he dropped it due to the economic recession: http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/677-e2-wire/167925-huntsman-cap-and-trade-at-odds-with-todays-reality
I couldn't care less about the news media's opinion of a candidate.
It's nice to see bipartisanship, but Senator Reid's endorsements do not factor whatsoever into my deciding who to support.
Perhaps you provided the wrong link, because I saw no gushing in that video.

Now, if I may ask you a question, Carl: who do you support in the 2012 Republican presidential primary?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies