Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:57:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth  (Read 30041 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: December 10, 2004, 07:37:12 AM »

District 3

I vote for:

First preference: Al (I-WV)

2nd preference: Write-in: PD (there you go Pete...Wink)

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 04:14:03 PM »

Now, now, we don't want activist judges, do we? Wink

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 04:27:53 PM »

Okay fine Nym, this is the last time I ever try to state what I think is the precident.

There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but it's just factually wrong to say that he can't challenge it. You can express an opinion that he'll lose, and that you don't think he should challenge it, but it looks like you are trying to make him think that he can't challenge it, so that he won't. I don't think that is what you are actually trying to do, but it gives that appearance.

As for precedent, votes like this have been counted before. It can be argued that it was wrong to count those votes as well, but there is a precedent established for counting votes as long as the vote wasn't altered, only the post.
I'm not Keystone I don't look for fights.

Excuse me, Colin, but I'd appreciate it if you grew up alittle. I don't go around looking for fights.

That was one of the most comical and self-ironic statements I've heard today. Cheesy
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 04:29:47 PM »

Okay fine Nym, this is the last time I ever try to state what I think is the precident.

There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but it's just factually wrong to say that he can't challenge it. You can express an opinion that he'll lose, and that you don't think he should challenge it, but it looks like you are trying to make him think that he can't challenge it, so that he won't. I don't think that is what you are actually trying to do, but it gives that appearance.

As for precedent, votes like this have been counted before. It can be argued that it was wrong to count those votes as well, but there is a precedent established for counting votes as long as the vote wasn't altered, only the post.

Excuse me, Colin, but I'd appreciate it if you grew up alittle. I don't go around looking for fights.

That was one of the most comical and self-ironic statements I've heard today. Cheesy
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 05:15:27 PM »

So comical and self-ironic that you had to say so twice, in fact! Wow. :-)

Lol, the forum messed things up, somehow. :S
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies