Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:49:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth  (Read 30049 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: December 10, 2004, 02:31:39 AM »

Senatorial Elections

District 1

Full

Declared candidates:
Supersoulty (AF-PA)

Interim

Declared candidates:
AndrewBerger (UP-NY)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 03:30:50 PM »

Michael Z, you haven't been here in months.  Why in the Hell are you back now?  At anyrate, good to see you again.

When is the booth closed?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 10:30:18 PM »

I don't know what to say, except for thank you.  I must say, I am somewhat disheartened by the fact that it has come to this.  I had hoped for a cleaner, clearer election, and one, after which we could go about doing Atlasia's business without any hard feelings.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 12:15:06 AM »

There seems to be some confusion as to the vote totals in D1. I am seeing some media outlets have it at 11-10 Supersoulty. I think Defarge thought it was 11-11, which is why he changed his vote to invalidate it.

There's no question that Supersoulty won, but I was just curious as to what the actual count is.

It was 11-11 until Defarge took the bullet.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 01:42:01 AM »

OK, If I'm wrong, correct me.

SuperSoulty votes:
AndrewBerger
ColinW
Erc
Huckleberry Finn
J.J.
Julien
Kemperor
Keystone Phil
Nation
Patrick1
Richard B Cheney
Supersoulty
(12)

Bulldog votes:
Boss Tweed
Danwxman
EarlAW
IrishDemocrat
LordTraldan
Romeomustdie
Smash255
TheBulldog
True Democrat
(9)

Looks right to me. In that case, Defarge invalidating his vote didn't actually change anything.

Maybe some people were accidentally counting NickG's vote for Bulldog, that may have been leading some media outlets to incorrectly state the race as tied 11-11. As well, these sources were clearly not counting MIke NixonNow's vote. The race was actually 12-10, then became 12-9 when Defarge invalidated his ballot.

Don't try to cheapen Defarge's selfless act.  Tongue
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 01:55:34 AM »

OK, If I'm wrong, correct me.

SuperSoulty votes:
AndrewBerger
ColinW
Erc
Huckleberry Finn
J.J.
Julien
Kemperor
Keystone Phil
Nation
Patrick1
Richard B Cheney
Supersoulty
(12)

Bulldog votes:
Boss Tweed
Danwxman
EarlAW
IrishDemocrat
LordTraldan
Romeomustdie
Smash255
TheBulldog
True Democrat
(9)

Looks right to me. In that case, Defarge invalidating his vote didn't actually change anything.

Maybe some people were accidentally counting NickG's vote for Bulldog, that may have been leading some media outlets to incorrectly state the race as tied 11-11. As well, these sources were clearly not counting MIke NixonNow's vote. The race was actually 12-10, then became 12-9 when Defarge invalidated his ballot.

Don't try to cheapen Defarge's selfless act. Tongue

Not cheapening it. If someone changes his mind and wants to vote for a different candidate, I have no problem with that at all. He did the honorable thing, to be willing to admit that he felt his vote was a mistake, and that he desired to change it. I wish he had deleted his vote and made a new post with his new vote, in that case the vote would have actually been counted for you.

Just pointing out that the media didn't do the best job in their vote counting this year. It was a serious error in this case as it led to much consternation as to what the result would be when it wasn't actually in doubt in the final hours.

I had a hard time counting votes for myself with all the irregularities that existed.  There were times when I honestly thought that I was down by three or four.  I guess it appears that that was never the case.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies