Favorite campaign ad in history
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:21:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Favorite campaign ad in history
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favorite campaign ad in history  (Read 831 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2011, 02:46:33 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_A53PAxeR8

This has always brought tears to my eyes... shows the sacrifice and a vision of a great man. Many people who lived thru the 60s were proud to vote for a black man and I will say that I am PROUD of what his election shows about our nations progress...but Iw ill always be equally proud to have voted for a man like John McCain and this ad sums up the reasons why

What are your favorite ads?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 02:47:16 AM »

That's actually my favorite ad too.  It brought chills to me in 2008, and I absolutely love it.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 02:54:12 AM »

That ad wasn't that great... It could do without the random galaxies, shooting light particles, and other trippy elements that look like something you'd find in a hippy video.
Wonkish1

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 06:39:39 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2011, 06:56:12 AM by Wonkish1 »

That McCain ad may be nicely done, but I doubt it really persuaded many people.

This is what I would call as the best, effective ad I've ever seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbaP0Jzd6QA  Production value supplements the ad it doesn't dominate it. It has the candidate talking directly in the ad(many people feel a personal detachment between them and their incumbents and challengers so talking directly allows people to get to know them personally--very valuable). It creates a narrative. It presents a vision. It makes an argument that people can be swayed by. It's approaching perfection and something tells me that it wasn't a consultant that designed it, but instead Marco's very good personal political instincts that played the largest roll in designing it(also I can tell its a very expensive ad at 2 minutes for a Senate campaign). My guess is that in his blowout election that ad landed him at least an extra 5 net pts(flipping 2.5) and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it landed him 10 net pts(flipping 5 pts).

Now if your just looking for cool production value that is going to give people a fuzzy feeling and some entertainment value then you can look at this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFQ0OGaoFjQ that I'm sure Dems will hate. But lets be clear its an emotional ad that doesn't move the ball really at all except for a very temporary fuzzy feeling and maybe an "awe cool".
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 05:00:53 PM »

Willie Horton

STABBING
RAPING
MURDERING
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »