OFFICIAL Midwest Voting Booth
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:12:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  OFFICIAL Midwest Voting Booth
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OFFICIAL Midwest Voting Booth  (Read 2996 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 10, 2004, 07:53:04 AM »
« edited: December 10, 2004, 07:58:30 AM by re-Governor ilikeverin »

Atlas Fantasy Elections Midwest Region Election

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

Voting begins at 12:00 PM Central Time Friday --- Do not vote before 12:00 PM Central Time Friday!
Voting begins at 12:00 PM Central Time Friday --- Do not vote before 12:00 PM Central Time Friday!
Voting ends at 12:00 PM Central Time Sunday --- Do not vote after 12:00 PM Central Time Sunday!
Voting ends at 12:00 PM Central Time Sunday --- Do not vote after 12:00 PM Central Time Sunday!
Do not campaign in this thread - do not post anything on this thread except for votes - check your post carefully before submitting it for errors - DO NOT EDIT YOUR POST!__________________________________________

Vote your choice by replacing the O's by your choice with the preference you choose for them, and if you choose to write in, when applicable, by adding the write-in.  Examples:

2 Apple
1 Banana

3 Chrysanthemum
2 Daffodil
1 Write-in: Zinnia

1) Vote your preferences for Midwest Governor:
O Ilikeverin
O Dabeav

Replace the O with an X of the vote you choose.  If you do not fill in an 'O', it will be counted as an abstain. Example:

Proposition X: blablablablabla

O Yes
X No

2) Vote your choice in the following preposition:

The name 'ilikeverin' will be prounounced in four syllables.  The syllables will be enunciated as:

I (): As in, "I enjoy disco music"

Like (lk): As in "I like eggs."

Ve (veh): As in, "Vent"

Rin (rihn): As in "Errand" (lol, I hope you pronounce errand the same as me Smiley)

The stress of 'ilikeverin' will be on the 've' syllable.

And none of that Mr. Verin stuff.  Verin is not a last name.

O Yes
O No

3) Vote your choice in the following proposition:

The current parties with the names 'Atlas Forum Democratic Party' and 'Atlas Forum Republican Party' must change their names by February 1, 2005 to something suitable (as judged by the Governor at that time), or the parties will be declared non-existant in the Midwest.

All registrations under 'the Democratic Party', 'the Democrats', 'Democrat', or 'the Republican Party', 'the Republicans', or 'Republican' or the like, before February 1, 2005, will be considered valid registrations under the name of the new party.

O Yes
O No

4) Vote your choice on the following Constitutional Amendment:

• Section I, Article I, III will be replaced with 'Gubernatorial elections will be held on the second to last Friday of the month, with the exception of December, where the election will be held on the second Friday of that month, and last until the following Sunday.
  • Section I, Article I, VIII will be stricken.
  • A new Article in Section I, to be placed between the current Sections I and II, will be titled "Section II: Election Procedure".  The current section II will be renamed "Section III: The Powers of the Governor".
  • Article I will contain the following clauses {is that what they're called?}: Section I, Article I, II, III, and VII, with VII being renamed to IV.
  • The new Article II will contain the following clauses: Section I, Article I, IV, V, VI, with the clauses to be renamed III, V, and VI.

{Note: All Clauses will still be referred to by their new title in this amendment, to try to make the change more apparant.  If this is confusing, tell me, I'll refer to them in their old form Smiley}

• A new Section I, Article II, I will be created, and it will read, 'The election will be administered by the federal Secretary of Forum Affairs, or the Chief Justice of the federal Supreme Court, according to the wishes of the Governor.  If the Governor does not choose, the election will be held by the federal Secretary of Forum Affairs.'
  • A new Section I, Article II, II will be created, and will read, 'The filing deadline to be placed on the ballot for the office of Governor will be 24 hours before the election is to begin.'
  • Section I, Article II, III will be amended to read, 'Polls will open Friday morning at 12:00am midnight, Central Time, and close at 12:00am midnight on Monday morning, Central Time.  The elections will be administered by the rules set forth in Section I, Article II, Clause IV'
  • A new Section I, Article II, IV will be created, and will read, 'The election will be held by instant runoff voting (IRV).  No write-in candidates will be accepted.  You must preference all candidates.  If both of those provisions are violated, the ballot will be considered spoiled and will be thrown out.  If only one of them is, the ballot will be placed aside in case of a tie.'
  • Section I, Article II, V will be amended to read, 'The governor-elect will be sworn in the following Thursday of their election by the Chief Justice of the federal Supreme Court. If the Justice of the federal Supreme Court is not present or has been elected Governor, the Governor-elect is given the permission to swear themselves in.'
  • Section I, Article II, VI will be amended to read, 'If the final preference count is tied, then the provisional ballots from people who had one error with their ballot will be counted as normal ballots.  If that is tied, then the winner is determined by the candidate who recieved the most first place votes. If that is tied, then the winner is determined by an instant runoff between the tied candidates. If that is also tied, then the winner is determined by a majority vote of Senators representing states in the Midwest region that have registered voters residing within them. If that is tied, then one of the votes is randomly discarded by an impartial judge (that judge to be decided by the Senatorial panel). If it manages to be tied after that, votes are randomly discarded until it is no longer a tie.'

O Yes
O No

5) Vote your choice on the following proposition:

The Midwestern Regional Government shall appropriate 500 million dollars to construct a Joint Regional Training Center at Fort Bliss, Texas. This facility shall consist of an accurate 50 building replica of a desert city to simulate the battlefields the Southeastern National Guard troops are fighting on in Afghanistan and Iraq.

In addition, this facility will be made availible to the Southeastern National Guard and Midwestern National Guard for training purposes and will be availible for lease by the Atlasian Government.

The facility will only be built with the cooperation of the Southeastern Government to the tune of 500 million dollars. The Governors of each region shall appoint someone to oversee the construction of this facility. After it is completed it shall come under the rotating command of an appropriate commander from either region.

O Yes
O No
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 04:44:04 PM »

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

Do not campaign in this thread - do not post anything on this thread except for votes - check your post carefully before submitting it for errors - DO NOT EDIT YOUR POST!__________________________________________

Vote your choice by replacing the O's by your choice with the preference you choose for them, and if you choose to write in, when applicable, by adding the write-in.  Examples:

2 Apple
1 Banana

3 Chrysanthemum
2 Daffodil

O Ilikeverin
X Dabeav

Replace the O with an X of the vote you choose.  If you do not fill in an 'O', it will be counted as an abstain. Example:

O Yes
X No

The name 'ilikeverin' will be prounounced in four syllables.  The syllables will be enunciated as:

Rin (rihn): As in "Errand" (lol, I hope you pronounce errand the same as me Smiley)

X Yes
O No

The current parties with the names 'Atlas Forum Democratic Party' and 'Atlas Forum Republican Party' must change their names by February 1, 2005 to something suitable (as judged by the Governor at that time), or the parties will be declared non-existant in the Midwest.

All registrations under 'the Democratic Party', 'the Democrats', 'Democrat', or 'the Republican Party', 'the Republicans', or 'Republican' or the like, before February 1, 2005, will be considered valid registrations under the name of the new party.

O Yes
X No

• Section I, Article I, III will be replaced with 'Gubernatorial elections will be held on the second to last Friday of the month, with the exception of December, where the election will be held on the second Friday of that month, and last until the following Sunday.
  • A new Article in Section I, to be placed between the current Sections I and II, will be titled "Section II: Election Procedure".  The current section II will be renamed "Section III: The Powers of the Governor".
  • Article I will contain the following clauses {is that what they're called?}: Section I, Article I, II, III, and VII, with VII being renamed to IV.
  • The new Article II will contain the following clauses: Section I, Article I, IV, V, VI, with the clauses to be renamed III, V, and VI.

{Note: All Clauses will still be referred to by their new title in this amendment, to try to make the change more apparant.  If this is confusing, tell me, I'll refer to them in their old form Smiley}

• A new Section I, Article II, I will be created, and it will read, 'The election will be administered by the federal Secretary of Forum Affairs, or the Chief Justice of the federal Supreme Court, according to the wishes of the Governor.  If the Governor does not choose, the election will be held by the federal Secretary of Forum Affairs.'
  • A new Section I, Article II, II will be created, and will read, 'The filing deadline to be placed on the ballot for the office of Governor will be 24 hours before the election is to begin.'
  • Section I, Article II, III will be amended to read, 'Polls will open Friday morning at 12:00am midnight, Central Time, and close at 12:00am midnight on Monday morning, Central Time.  The elections will be administered by the rules set forth in Section I, Article II, Clause IV'
  • A new Section I, Article II, IV will be created, and will read, 'The election will be held by instant runoff voting (IRV).  No write-in candidates will be accepted.  You must preference all candidates.  If both of those provisions are violated, the ballot will be considered spoiled and will be thrown out.  If only one of them is, the ballot will be placed aside in case of a tie.'
  • Section I, Article II, V will be amended to read, 'The governor-elect will be sworn in the following Thursday of their election by the Chief Justice of the federal Supreme Court. If the Justice of the federal Supreme Court is not present or has been elected Governor, the Governor-elect is given the permission to swear themselves in.'
  • Section I, Article II, VI will be amended to read, 'If the final preference count is tied, then the provisional ballots from people who had one error with their ballot will be counted as normal ballots.  If that is tied, then the winner is determined by the candidate who recieved the most first place votes. If that is tied, then the winner is determined by an instant runoff between the tied candidates. If that is also tied, then the winner is determined by a majority vote of Senators representing states in the Midwest region that have registered voters residing within them. If that is tied, then one of the votes is randomly discarded by an impartial judge (that judge to be decided by the Senatorial panel). If it manages to be tied after that, votes are randomly discarded until it is no longer a tie.'

O Yes
X No

The Midwestern Regional Government shall appropriate 500 million dollars to construct a Joint Regional Training Center at Fort Bliss, Texas. This facility shall consist of an accurate 50 building replica of a desert city to simulate the battlefields the Southeastern National Guard troops are fighting on in Afghanistan and Iraq.

In addition, this facility will be made availible to the Southeastern National Guard and Midwestern National Guard for training purposes and will be availible for lease by the Atlasian Government.

The facility will only be built with the cooperation of the Southeastern Government to the tune of 500 million dollars. The Governors of each region shall appoint someone to oversee the construction of this facility. After it is completed it shall come under the rotating command of an appropriate commander from either region.

O Yes
X No
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 04:58:19 PM »

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

2 Apple
1 Banana

3 Chrysanthemum
2 Daffodil

1 Ilikeverin
2 Dabeav

Replace the O with an X of the vote you choose. If you do not fill in an 'O', it will be counted as an abstain. Example:

O Yes
X No

X Yes
O No

X Yes
O No

X Yes
O No

X Yes
O No
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 06:13:20 PM »

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

(Annoying marquees here.)

2 Apple
1 Banana

3 Chrysanthemum
2 Daffodil

O Ilikeverin
O Dabeav
1 Write-In: Alcon

O Yes
X No

O Yes
X No

O Yes
X No

O Yes
O No

O Yes
O No
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 10:01:49 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

Do not campaign in this thread - do not post anything on this thread except for votes - check your post carefully before submitting it for errors - DO NOT EDIT YOUR POST!

2 Apple
1 Banana

3 Chrysanthemum
2 Daffodil

X Ilikeverin
O Dabeav

O Yes
X No

X Yes
O No

O Yes
X No

Section I, Article I, III will be replaced with 'Gubernatorial elections will be held on the second to last Friday of the month, with the exception of December, where the election will be held on the second Friday of that month, and last until the following Sunday.

Section I, Article I, VIII will be stricken.

A new Article in Section I, to be placed between the current Sections I and II, will be titled "Section II: Election Procedure".  The current section II will be renamed "Section III: The Powers of the Governor".

Article I will contain the following clauses {is that what they're called?}: Section I, Article I, II, III, and VII, with VII being renamed to IV.

The new Article II will contain the following clauses: Section I, Article I, IV, V, VI, with the clauses to be renamed III, V, and VI.

A new Section I, Article II, I will be created, and it will read, 'The election will be administered by the federal Secretary of Forum Affairs, or the Chief Justice of the federal Supreme Court, according to the wishes of the Governor.  If the Governor does not choose, the election will be held by the federal Secretary of Forum Affairs.'

A new Section I, Article II, II will be created, and will read, 'The filing deadline to be placed on the ballot for the office of Governor will be 24 hours before the election is to begin.'

Section I, Article II, III will be amended to read, 'Polls will open Friday morning at 12:00am midnight, Central Time, and close at 12:00am midnight on Monday morning, Central Time.  The elections will be administered by the rules set forth in Section I, Article II, Clause IV'

A new Section I, Article II, IV will be created, and will read, 'The election will be held by instant runoff voting (IRV).  No write-in candidates will be accepted.  You must preference all candidates.  If both of those provisions are violated, the ballot will be considered spoiled and will be thrown out.  If only one of them is, the ballot will be placed aside in case of a tie.'

Section I, Article II, V will be amended to read, 'The governor-elect will be sworn in the following Thursday of their election by the Chief Justice of the federal Supreme Court. If the Justice of the federal Supreme Court is not present or has been elected Governor, the Governor-elect is given the permission to swear themselves in.'

Section I, Article II, VI will be amended to read, 'If the final preference count is tied, then the provisional ballots from people who had one error with their ballot will be counted as normal ballots.  If that is tied, then the winner is determined by the candidate who recieved the most first place votes. If that is tied, then the winner is determined by an instant runoff between the tied candidates. If that is also tied, then the winner is determined by a majority vote of Senators representing states in the Midwest region that have registered voters residing within them. If that is tied, then one of the votes is randomly discarded by an impartial judge (that judge to be decided by the Senatorial panel). If it manages to be tied after that, votes are randomly discarded until it is no longer a tie.'

X Yes
O No

O Yes
X No 
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 11:15:39 PM »

O Ilikeverin
X Dabeav

O Yes
X No

O Yes
X No

O Yes
X No

X Yes
O No

O Yes
X No
CO-OWL
OWL
Germany

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: 0.10

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2004, 03:55:21 AM »

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

2 Apple
1 Banana

3 Chrysanthemum
2 Daffodil

2 Ilikeverin
1 Dabeav

O Yes
X No

X Yes
O No

O Yes
X No

O Yes
X No

O Yes
X No
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 08:39:55 AM »

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

2 Apple
1 Banana

3 Chrysanthemum
2 Daffodil

O Ilikeverin
1 Dabeav

O Yes
X No

O Yes
X No

O Yes
X No

O Yes
X No

O Yes
X No
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 06:58:41 PM »

X Ilikeverin
O Dabeav

O Yes
X No

X Yes
O No

O Yes
X No

X Yes
O No
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 08:49:11 PM »

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

2 Apple
1 Banana

3 Chrysanthemum
2 Daffodil

1 Ilikeverin
O Dabeav

O Yes
X No

X Yes
O No

X Yes
O No

X Yes
O No

X Yes
O No
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 01:40:20 AM »

Wisconsin is not in the Midwest region.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2004, 02:00:54 AM »

Wisconsin is not in the Midwest region.

Where do we get current Region maps, anyway?
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2004, 02:06:28 AM »

2 Ilikeverin
1 Dabeav

X Yes
O No

O Yes
X No

X Yes
O No

X Yes
O No
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2004, 09:24:40 AM »

The user currently named Blunderstorm is actually Beef, who is registered in Wisconsin, not Minnesota.  His vote is invalid, although he will have the asterisk removed from his name in the registration lists because he attempted to vote.

It is not my job to judge the validity of votes in the Regional elections, but his vote there is certainly invalid.  He is not registered in the Midwest region, changing avatar does not change registration.  Even if he did register in Minnesota, he would be doing so during the election. 
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2004, 09:44:27 AM »

The user currently named Blunderstorm is actually Beef, who is registered in Wisconsin, not Minnesota.  His vote is invalid, although he will have the asterisk removed from his name in the registration lists because he attempted to vote.

It is not my job to judge the validity of votes in the Regional elections, but his vote there is certainly invalid.  He is not registered in the Midwest region, changing avatar does not change registration.  Even if he did register in Minnesota, he would be doing so during the election. 

I don't expect my vote to count, but I was kinda hoping that the Midwest Region would be close enough that my attempted vote would be the cause of a protracted legal battle amongst the candidates.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that I control a rather large share of Court TV of Atlasia.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2004, 10:22:57 AM »

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

In Dave We Trust
Granumi hoc bonus

2 Apple
1 Banana

3 Chrysanthemum
2 Daffodil

X Ilikeverin
O Dabeav

O Yes
X No

I ( ): As in, "I enjoy disco music"

Like (l k): As in "I like eggs."

X Yes
O No

X Yes
O No

•  Section I, Article I, III will be replaced with 'Gubernatorial elections will be held on the second to last Friday of the month, with the exception of December, where the election will be held on the second Friday of that month, and last until the following Sunday.
•  Section I, Article I, VIII will be stricken.
•  A new Article in Section I, to be placed between the current Sections I and II, will be titled "Section II: Election Procedure".  The current section II will be renamed "Section III: The Powers of the Governor".
•  Article I will contain the following clauses {is that what they're called?}: Section I, Article I, II, III, and VII, with VII being renamed to IV.
•  The new Article II will contain the following clauses: Section I, Article I, IV, V, VI, with the clauses to be renamed III, V, and VI.

•  A new Section I, Article II, I will be created, and it will read, 'The election will be administered by the federal Secretary of Forum Affairs, or the Chief Justice of the federal Supreme Court, according to the wishes of the Governor.  If the Governor does not choose, the election will be held by the federal Secretary of Forum Affairs.'
•  A new Section I, Article II, II will be created, and will read, 'The filing deadline to be placed on the ballot for the office of Governor will be 24 hours before the election is to begin.'
•  Section I, Article II, III will be amended to read, 'Polls will open Friday morning at 12:00am midnight, Central Time, and close at 12:00am midnight on Monday morning, Central Time.  The elections will be administered by the rules set forth in Section I, Article II, Clause IV'
•  A new Section I, Article II, IV will be created, and will read, 'The election will be held by instant runoff voting (IRV).  No write-in candidates will be accepted.  You must preference all candidates.  If both of those provisions are violated, the ballot will be considered spoiled and will be thrown out.  If only one of them is, the ballot will be placed aside in case of a tie.'
•  Section I, Article II, V will be amended to read, 'The governor-elect will be sworn in the following Thursday of their election by the Chief Justice of the federal Supreme Court. If the Justice of the federal Supreme Court is not present or has been elected Governor, the Governor-elect is given the permission to swear themselves in.'
•  Section I, Article II, VI will be amended to read, 'If the final preference count is tied, then the provisional ballots from people who had one error with their ballot will be counted as normal ballots.  If that is tied, then the winner is determined by the candidate who recieved the most first place votes. If that is tied, then the winner is determined by an instant runoff between the tied candidates. If that is also tied, then the winner is determined by a majority vote of Senators representing states in the Midwest region that have registered voters residing within them. If that is tied, then one of the votes is randomly discarded by an impartial judge (that judge to be decided by the Senatorial panel). If it manages to be tied after that, votes are randomly discarded until it is no longer a tie.'

X Yes
O No

X Yes
O No
Blerpiez
blerpiez

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2004, 11:29:08 AM »

What does granumi hoc bonus mean?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2004, 11:47:26 AM »

This great seed.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2004, 11:56:39 AM »

I thought "seed" was seminus.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2004, 12:06:53 PM »

According to a Latin dictionary granum,-i n. means seed also. Its not grain though since grain is frumentum,-i n.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2004, 12:58:04 PM »

Eh?

I used (probably bad) Latin-English/English-Latin dictionary online.  It's supposed to say 'Grain is good.'
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2004, 01:05:14 PM »

Election over.  Final tally: ilikeverin 5-dabeav 4-write-in: Alcon 1
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies