SENATE BILL: Candidacy Declarations Thread Bill (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:56:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Candidacy Declarations Thread Bill (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Candidacy Declarations Thread Bill (Law'd)  (Read 7716 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: July 01, 2011, 12:49:07 PM »

Amendment (offered as friendly): Declarations for candidacies in which the candidate does not reside in the region he or she is running for office in shall be considered invalid.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 08:38:15 PM »

Amendment (offered as friendly): Declarations for candidacies in which the candidate does not reside in the region he or she is running for office in shall be considered invalid.
If we limit that to regional Senate seats I would support that, as those candidates would not be able to serve anyway if elected under federal election law. Eligibility for offices of regional government however vary for each region, and I don't believe we shall confuse that by making a person ineligible to declare a candidacy for a position that may legally hold.

Do you have any examples?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 09:23:05 AM »

No, if that wasn't clear, sorry.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 09:53:18 AM »

i object, on the basis of the part about the time limit for candidacy declarations, which I don't see the need for.

It would take for ever to sift through months worth of pages to see if anyone declared for an election more than two months ahead of time.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 10:18:21 AM »

Aye
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 12:04:53 PM »

i object, on the basis of the part about the time limit for candidacy declarations, which I don't see the need for.

It would take for ever to sift through months worth of pages to see if anyone declared for an election more than two months ahead of time.

I think that's less work than checking every time someone declares to see if they are declaring too early for the position they are seeking and letting them know they have to wait and declare later.

Nay

They could open a declaration period for each election onthe specified day.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 12:22:29 PM »

has there ever been a problem with the issue of someone declaring so early the election administer missed it? I'd like to understand what the rationale here is and see if we can't come up with a compromise.

I don't see what's wrong with what I suggested.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 11:35:38 AM »

Nay
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 04:18:36 PM »

Abstain
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 01:29:26 AM »

Aye