Mid-Term Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:58:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mid-Term Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: Mid-Term Discussion Thread  (Read 14594 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2004, 11:11:28 AM »

Most would define fair as following the rules. Democrats define fair as "Hey...I didn't win. You cheated!"
Actually, on the Atlas, that's never been yet been said by people without blue Pennsylvania avatars.

Actually, several members with red avatars were complaining about votes that might not be counted. The reason why those votes might not be counted: the voter didn't display proper information. And so the Dems complained.

And as for anyone with blue avatars from PA complaining about the other cheating, it was done in a fair manner when someone was obviously not following the rules.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2004, 11:39:30 AM »

Most would define fair as following the rules. Democrats define fair as "Hey...I didn't win. You cheated!"
Actually, on the Atlas, that's never been yet been said by people without blue Pennsylvania avatars.

Actually, several members with red avatars were complaining about votes that might not be counted. The reason why those votes might not be counted: the voter didn't display proper information. And so the Dems complained.

And as for anyone with blue avatars from PA complaining about the other cheating, it was done in a fair manner when someone was obviously not following the rules.
Just raising your heckles really.
Although to be fair, yes, Republicans have done more than their fair share of complaining around here, and no, it wasn't always in a fair manner or about obviously not following the rules.
I guess I'd have to read the entire thread...why did the Dems complain about someone not displaying proper info? Ethelberth and Earl and the Hawk hardly strike me as Conservatives...

I may disclose that I was actually the first ever person to start an election dispute around here. Ben tried to vote in the first ever presidential elections, without being registered. He simply didn't know you had to be registered to vote - this was before there were stickied threads, or an official registered voter list maintained by the Secretary of Forum Affairs.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2004, 11:46:33 AM »

It's also worth noting that ballots that were edited have been counted before, as long as the vote itself wasn't edited. I seem to recall BRTD's vote fitting this definition in the June Presidential Election.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2004, 11:51:45 AM »

It's also worth noting that ballots that were edited have been counted before, as long as the vote itself wasn't edited. I seem to recall BRTD's vote fitting this definition in the June Presidential Election.
We've never been too strict in these cases. And for a reason, too.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2004, 05:03:58 PM »

Argh, am completely torn between Stevennick and Gabu. Who do I vote for? Two top class candidates, can I vote for both first preference? Smiley.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2004, 05:13:15 PM »

Ballots can't be edited. Simple rule. There is no middle ground, precedent or not.  If it happened before it was against the law.   Edited votes cannot be counted, case closed.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2004, 05:44:31 PM »

SteveNick likely to surive tough Senate race!
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2004, 05:50:27 PM »

It ain't over yet.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2004, 06:03:22 PM »

Harry gets another vote from a Mississippi Republican. Funny how in one of her latest posts (when she registered) she said "Don't Vote Harry! Smiley "  then said "I hope I made the right decision in voting in this imaginary election thing."
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2004, 06:04:25 PM »

Harry gets another vote from a Mississippi Republican. Funny how in one of her latest posts (when she registered) she said "Don't Vote Harry! Smiley "  then said "I hope I made the right decision in voting in this imaginary election thing."

She is one of Harry's friends I believe.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2004, 06:09:57 PM »

We know.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #186 on: December 12, 2004, 07:07:22 PM »

We know.

You complain when people vote the same avatar color, so why are you complaining when people vote the opposite avatar color?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2004, 07:10:57 PM »

We know.

You complain when people vote the same avatar color, so why are you complaining when people vote the opposite avatar color?

They are friends. That was the point, Akno. Try to follow the conversation. Thanks.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2004, 07:13:03 PM »

We know.

They are friends. That was the point, Akno. Try to follow the conversation. Thanks.

Thank you, Professor.

Isn't Chiahead friends with Supersoulty? Does it really matter if people know each other or not?
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2004, 07:32:56 PM »

We know.

Thank you, Professor.

Isn't Chiahead friends with Supersoulty? Does it really matter if people know each other or not?

Chiahead's vote isn't going to get counted because he hasn't voted in ages. Secondly I believe Chiahead has a lot more than 19 posts... The fact that Katie does shows that she may have only been to this site so she could vote for Harry... Also PD got into some major trouble when he had a friend vote for him but regardless the vote for Harry should still stand just as long as this friend thing doesn't get out of hand.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2004, 07:34:44 PM »

We know.

Thank you, Professor.

It does matter if a friend is on the forum just because they need to help out someone with a vote. That seems to be the case with Supersoulty and Chiahead and, for the record, I am opposed to it.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2004, 07:59:33 PM »

Katie G is a friend of mine, but she didn't come to the forum just to vote for me.  She posted several times on sundry topics before even registering to vote, and when she did register, she wrote "Don't vote for Harry" and was serious.  I had to convince her to vote for me.  So it's not like she only came to this site to help me out.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2004, 08:07:11 PM »

and when she did register, she wrote "Don't vote for Harry" and was serious. 

Seriousness with a Smiley huh, Harry?  Tongue
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #193 on: December 12, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »

Katie G is a friend of mine, but she didn't come to the forum just to vote for me.  She posted several times on sundry topics before even registering to vote, and when she did register, she wrote "Don't vote for Harry" and was serious.  I had to convince her to vote for me.  So it's not like she only came to this site to help me out.

Harry... Sorry your story doesn't sound right... She thas only he bare minimum amount of posts to register to vote excluding her actual vote she has 19... At least Chiahead had what like 150 posts...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #194 on: December 12, 2004, 08:41:55 PM »

yeah, she was saying haha to me, not to yall, as in, "haha, I'm a republican and don't want you in the senate." but she chose me when she learned there wasn't a Christian Conservative running.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2004, 08:44:58 PM »

yeah, she was saying haha to me, not to yall, as in, "haha, I'm a republican and don't want you in the senate." but she chose me when she learned there wasn't a Christian Conservative running.
Seriously, check out her posts. She's a Christian nut if you ask me.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2004, 08:53:06 PM »

Seriously, check out her posts. She's a Christian nut if you ask me.
definitely.  But she'd probably be a democrat if it weren't for abortion and gay marriage.  And I told her we've already settled those questions here.
romeomustdie
Romeomustdie
Rookie

« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2004, 09:00:47 PM »

I have recieved 6 e-mails in the last 3 days asking me to vote in the elections, and one message asking me to be active and then vote. Senator Defarge asked me to vote only if I planned on being active again. 

I will vote taking Defarge's words to heart.  I have not been active lately because I just dont want to think about politics, esp. after Kerry lost.  I will try to be more active and make my vote a more educated one.

Sorry guys, it's just, since Kerry lost, I've been disenchanted with politics.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2004, 09:02:09 PM »

I have recieved 6 e-mails in the last 3 days asking me to vote in the elections, and one message asking me to be active and then vote. Senator Defarge asked me to vote only if I planned on being active again. 

I will vote taking Defarge's words to heart.  I have not been active lately because I just dont want to think about politics, esp. after Kerry lost.  I will try to be more active and make my vote a more educated one.

Sorry guys, it's just, since Kerry lost, I've been disenchanted with politics.

Good decision, Romeomustdie.

I feel your pain about the election Sad
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2004, 09:56:11 PM »

Defarge is the Man.

ahem...Thank you Senator.