H. E. A. R. T. - Tracking the December 2011 Senate Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:13:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  H. E. A. R. T. - Tracking the December 2011 Senate Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Author Topic: H. E. A. R. T. - Tracking the December 2011 Senate Election  (Read 17856 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 11:17:15 AM »

Name : Yelnoc

Regional residence :
- Southeast/IDS (Georgia) : June 1, 2009 - Present day

Party registration :
- Populares Party : July 21, 2010 - November 27, 2010
- Dixiecrat/Populist Communitarian Party : November 27, 2010 - December 2, 2010 (Name changed on December 1, 2010)
- Independent : December 2, 2010 - Present day

Offices held :
- Southeast Legislator/Darth/Imperial Speaker : July 30, 2010 - April 23, 2011 (appointed Imperial Speaker on October 28, 2010)
- Secretary of Internal Affairs : April 23, 2011 - June 1, 2011
- Game Moderator : June 1, 2011 - July 10, 2011 (wasted term due to computer failure)
- Game Reform Panelist : July 10 - Present Day
- Southeast Legislator/Darth : July 14 - Present Day
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2011, 04:10:32 PM »

Interesting how i always get far more love from the right than the left.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 04:28:49 PM »

Maybe it is your prudery which repels them?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 05:23:30 PM »

HEART ELECTION TRACKER: July 15, 2011, 6:00 PM

FIRST COUNT

Jbrase 15 (Dallasfan, Jbrase, ZuWo, shua, Yelnoc, Ghost_white, wormyguy, realisticidealist, tmth, tb75, John Dibble, PiT, Giovanni, Torie, afleitch)
TexasGurl 11 (Gramps, Antonio, Jas, Thomas D, Polnut, benconstine, sbane, Hawkeye, fuzzy, TexasGurl, Snowstalker)
Meeker 8 (Kalwejt, Snowguy, Ebowed, Jackson, Eraserhead, JulioMadrid, opebo, Oakvale)
homelycooking 4 (Cincinnatus, MOPolitico, Napoleon, big bad fab)
Sibboleth (?) 1 (Lewis Trondheim)

SECOND COUNT: Sibboleth is eliminated. His one vote is transferred.

Jbrase 15 (Dallasfan, Jbrase, ZuWo, shua, Yelnoc, Ghost_white, wormyguy, realisticidealist, tmth, tb75, John Dibble, PiT, Giovanni, Torie, afleitch)
TexasGurl 12 (Gramps, Antonio, Jas, Thomas D, Polnut, benconstine, sbane, Hawkeye, fuzzy, TexasGurl, Snowstalker, Lewis Trondheim)
Meeker 8 (Kalwejt, Snowguy, Ebowed, Jackson, Eraserhead, JulioMadrid, opebo, Oakvale)

THIRD COUNT: homelycooking is eliminated. His four votes are transferred.

Jbrase 19 (Dallasfan, Jbrase, ZuWo, shua, Yelnoc, Ghost_white, wormyguy, realisticidealist, tmth, tb75, John Dibble, PiT, Giovanni, Torie, afleitch, Napoleon, MOPolitico, Cincinnatus, big bad fab)
TexasGurl 12 (Gramps, Antonio, Jas, Thomas D, Polnut, benconstine, sbane, Hawkeye, fuzzy, TexasGurl, Snowstalker, Lewis Trondheim)

FOURTH COUNT: Meeker is eliminated. His eight votes are transferred.

Jbrase 22 (Dallasfan, Jbrase, ZuWo, shua, Yelnoc, Ghost_white, wormyguy, realisticidealist, tmth, tb75, John Dibble, PiT, Giovanni, Torie, afleitch, Napoleon, MOPolitico, Cincinnatus, big bad fab, Oakvale, Ebowed, Kalwejt)
TexasGurl 16 (Gramps, Antonio, Jas, Thomas D, Polnut, benconstine, sbane, Hawkeye, fuzzy, TexasGurl, Snowstalker, Lewis Trondheim, JulioMadrid, opebo, Jackson, Snowguy)
Exhausted 1 (Eraserhead)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2011, 09:05:49 PM »

And you didn't even preference the JCP candidate. What's your point?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 09:09:13 PM »

Welcome to my world
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »

ummm Because the JCP felt the need to run a candidate against me?
You guys keep saying you want to cooperate with the UDL but that only seems to apply when you get all of the benefits.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 09:26:08 PM »

You guys keep saying you want to cooperate with the UDL but that only seems to apply when you get all of the benefits.

I was not aware you were entitled to our votes.

Furthermore, I for one never received a PM from you or anyone in the UDL about JCP support, or even my personal support. Interestingly enough, Jbrase did send me a PM, and I wouldn't be surprised if many others on the "left" also received a PM from him. If you're wondering why he's getting certain votes, I would speculate it is because he is actively campaigning for them. Asking for someone's vote can go a long way, you know. Cooperation generally involves a bit of communication. And it shouldn't be terribly shocking that the JCP ran a candidate for a vacancy caused by the resignation of a JCP Senator.

You seem to harbor a lot of unjustified resentment, and I'm sorry to see that. I assure you and anyone else in your party that if you seek "cooperation," just drop me a PM and I will be happy to talk. I had thought the JCP-UDL relationship had improved quite a bit, but perhaps I was mistaken. Perhaps we can work together to improve this in the future.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 09:32:54 PM »

Never said i was entitled to anything, interesting how you think your entitled to the seat just because one of yours left it though, and you guys must have the problem or you wouldn't have  gone through the effort to throw the election to the Jbrase just to make sure i don't get it.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »

Never said i was entitled to anything, interesting how you think your entitled to the seat just because one of yours left it though, and you guys must have the problem or you wouldn't have  gone through the effort to throw the election to the Jbrase just to make sure i don't get it.

That is not what I said, and in fact I specifically made sure I worded my sentence to make sure it would not be conveyed as such, but perhaps I overestimated your reading comprehension. I merely said it should not be surprising that we ran a candidate for a seat we previously held. Furthermore, it has long been our policy to run candidates for as many offices as possible.

Keep in mind I haven't voted yet, and while I intend to write-in Meeker as my first preference, I have become uncertain as to my second preference. If I vote for you and you win, are you going to be as petty, paranoid, and rude as you are currently being? Because I want the winner of this election to at least be a positive addition to the Senate.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 09:41:36 PM »

Please take this elsewhere, gentleman and lady. HEART's offices are not the place for this sort of debate.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 09:42:37 PM »

Ahem..This was a civil thread, and it was far better without the bickering.  Perhaps you two need to start a joint convention so you can hug it out?  Smiley
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 09:43:15 PM »

Just stooping to your level LOL don't bother replying i'm done with you.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 09:44:32 PM »

Sorry for the threadjack Homelycooking.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 09:44:45 PM »

It seems nobody paid attention to my proposal. Cry

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=137834.msg2951843#msg2951843
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 09:45:49 PM »

Sorry to any other members in the UDL, I really am trying to improve relations between our two parties. I for one won't let one immature troll ruin our relationship, and I know many reasonable members would do the same.

Sincerest apologies, HC. I will refrain from further unrelated posts.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2011, 10:31:14 PM »

HEART ELECTION TRACKER: July 15, 2011, 11:30 PM

FIRST COUNT

Jbrase 18 (Dallasfan, Jbrase, ZuWo, shua, Yelnoc, Ghost_white, wormyguy, realisticidealist, tmth, tb75, John Dibble, PiT, Giovanni, Torie, afleitch, Angus, officepark, Cathcon)
TexasGurl 14 (Gramps, Antonio, Jas, Thomas D, Polnut, benconstine, sbane, Hawkeye, fuzzy, TexasGurl, Snowstalker, Xahar, Badger, nclib)
Sibboleth (?) 1 (Lewis Trondheim)

SECOND COUNT: Sibboleth is eliminated. His one vote is transferred.

Jbrase 18 (Dallasfan, Jbrase, ZuWo, shua, Yelnoc, Ghost_white, wormyguy, realisticidealist, tmth, tb75, John Dibble, PiT, Giovanni, Torie, afleitch, Angus, officepark, Cathcon)
TexasGurl 15 (Gramps, Antonio, Jas, Thomas D, Polnut, benconstine, sbane, Hawkeye, fuzzy, TexasGurl, Snowstalker, Lewis Trondheim, Xahar, Badger, nclib)

THIRD COUNT: homelycooking is eliminated. His four votes are transferred.

Jbrase 22 (Dallasfan, Jbrase, ZuWo, shua, Yelnoc, Ghost_white, wormyguy, realisticidealist, tmth, tb75, John Dibble, PiT, Giovanni, Torie, afleitch, Napoleon, MOPolitico, Cincinnatus, big bad fab, Angus, officepark, Cathcon)
TexasGurl 15 (Gramps, Antonio, Jas, Thomas D, Polnut, benconstine, sbane, Hawkeye, fuzzy, TexasGurl, Snowstalker, Lewis Trondheim, Xahar, Badger, nclib)

FOURTH COUNT: Meeker is eliminated. His eight votes are transferred.

Jbrase 25 (Dallasfan, Jbrase, ZuWo, shua, Yelnoc, Ghost_white, wormyguy, realisticidealist, tmth, tb75, John Dibble, PiT, Giovanni, Torie, afleitch, Napoleon, MOPolitico, Cincinnatus, big bad fab, Oakvale, Ebowed, Kalwejt, Angus, officepark, Cathcon)
TexasGurl 19 (Gramps, Antonio, Jas, Thomas D, Polnut, benconstine, sbane, Hawkeye, fuzzy, TexasGurl, Snowstalker, Lewis Trondheim, JulioMadrid, opebo, Jackson, Snowguy, Xahar, Badger, nclib)
Exhausted 1 (Eraserhead)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2011, 01:24:27 AM »

I encouraged Bgwah to try to find a candidate to run under the JCP moniker because there was absolutely no communication from the UDL asking for our endorsement or vote.

The UDL is not entitled to any JCP votes, just as we are not entitled to yours.

But that doesn't matter.  You, Texasgurl, along with several others in the UDL, simply hate Bgwah and the JCP.  It doesn't matter what kind of cooperation there is... you'll never step beyond this personal distaste.  I 2nd preferenced you because I like you and your political stances are generally in line with my own.  But honestly, you're not around very often and I still get this feeling that, if elected, you won't take the senate job seriously at all.  Sure, the game is for fun... but in order for a game to be fun, you have to follow the rules and be committed.  I don't doubt you can do that, but you've said yourself that you think things are too serious.

It seems to me that most of the people that admittedly wanted cooperation with the JCP have since given up on the UDL, so most people left are those who would never cooperate with us anyway (Xahar, ilikeverin, you to name a few).  Xahar has made it clear that he wants the UDL to supplant the JCP and views working with the JCP very negatively.  With that kind of attitude, it makes me hesitant to support UDL candidates.

I hope you prove me wrong.  I think you'd make a fine addition to the senate... and I would gladly have worked to get you more JCP votes... but we need communication.  If there is no communication, you should assume we're going to field our own candidate and throw our support behind that person.  I don't think that's an unfair or uncooperative thing to do.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2011, 04:14:14 AM »

There's nothing wrong about the JCP running a candidate on its own. What I don't get is JCPers preferencing a libertarian like Jbrase above someone who perfectly fits their views, like TexasGurl.

This is not a "communication" issue. This is simply consistency in voting : if you are a left-winger, you know you have no reason to prefer Jbrase to TG.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2011, 06:59:39 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2011, 07:03:12 AM by Inks is a certain former German dictator »

There's nothing wrong about the JCP running a candidate on its own. What I don't get is JCPers preferencing a libertarian like Jbrase above someone who perfectly fits their views, like TexasGurl.

This is not a "communication" issue. This is simply consistency in voting : if you are a left-winger, you know you have no reason to prefer Jbrase to TG.

TG's behavior in this thread makes me happy I preferenced Jbrase over her.

Also, giving the fact how many UDL-ers, including the candidate herself, did not preference Meeker at all, please spare me from this hypocrisy.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2011, 07:08:01 AM »

She probably reacted excessively, and I won't follow her. But I think if you are losing to a right-winger because of the preferences of fellow left-wingers, you can have some legitimate reasons to be pissed off.

And I preferenced Meeker over Jbrase, so don't look at me.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2011, 07:11:21 AM »

So don't try to lay a sole blame on JCP. It's a mutual fault Jbrase is winning.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2011, 07:34:54 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2011, 07:38:58 AM by Randle Patrick McMurphy »

Sorry to any other members in the UDL, I really am trying to improve relations between our two parties. I for one won't let one immature troll ruin our relationship, and I know many reasonable members would do the same.

Sincerest apologies, HC. I will refrain from further unrelated posts.

Just a thought bgwah:

Next time you talk to somebody it would be best if you refrained from making insults on their reading comprehension lest you come across as a total and complete petty jackass.  Okay thanks.
Frankly I don't see how your strategy of "insult intelligence, call people paranoid blah blah blah" is winning people over.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2011, 08:00:12 AM »

So don't try to lay a sole blame on JCP. It's a mutual fault Jbrase is winning.

The point it's that currently, only Meeker's transfers matter. And it's the attitude of some of Meeker's voters (like you) which is causing the left's defeat. I'd be equally pissed of at the UDLers if their votes caused Jbrase's victory.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2011, 08:09:22 AM »

Last I recalled nobody was ever entitled to getting votes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies