H. E. A. R. T. - Tracking the December 2011 Senate Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:32:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  H. E. A. R. T. - Tracking the December 2011 Senate Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: H. E. A. R. T. - Tracking the December 2011 Senate Election  (Read 17800 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: June 27, 2011, 01:14:10 PM »
« edited: June 27, 2011, 01:15:53 PM by bgwah »

My Wiki page should have all that info at the bottom. Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 09:05:49 PM »

Interesting how i always get far more love from the right than the left.

And you didn't even preference the JCP candidate. What's your point?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 09:26:08 PM »

Interesting how i always get far more love from the right than the left.

And you didn't even preference the JCP candidate. What's your point?
ummm Because the JCP felt the need to run a candidate against me?
You guys keep saying you want to cooperate with the UDL but that only seems to apply when you get all of the benefits.

I was not aware you were entitled to our votes.

Furthermore, I for one never received a PM from you or anyone in the UDL about JCP support, or even my personal support. Interestingly enough, Jbrase did send me a PM, and I wouldn't be surprised if many others on the "left" also received a PM from him. If you're wondering why he's getting certain votes, I would speculate it is because he is actively campaigning for them. Asking for someone's vote can go a long way, you know. Cooperation generally involves a bit of communication. And it shouldn't be terribly shocking that the JCP ran a candidate for a vacancy caused by the resignation of a JCP Senator.

You seem to harbor a lot of unjustified resentment, and I'm sorry to see that. I assure you and anyone else in your party that if you seek "cooperation," just drop me a PM and I will be happy to talk. I had thought the JCP-UDL relationship had improved quite a bit, but perhaps I was mistaken. Perhaps we can work together to improve this in the future.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »

Never said i was entitled to anything, interesting how you think your entitled to the seat just because one of yours left it though, and you guys must have the problem or you wouldn't have  gone through the effort to throw the election to the Jbrase just to make sure i don't get it.

That is not what I said, and in fact I specifically made sure I worded my sentence to make sure it would not be conveyed as such, but perhaps I overestimated your reading comprehension. I merely said it should not be surprising that we ran a candidate for a seat we previously held. Furthermore, it has long been our policy to run candidates for as many offices as possible.

Keep in mind I haven't voted yet, and while I intend to write-in Meeker as my first preference, I have become uncertain as to my second preference. If I vote for you and you win, are you going to be as petty, paranoid, and rude as you are currently being? Because I want the winner of this election to at least be a positive addition to the Senate.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 09:45:49 PM »

Sorry to any other members in the UDL, I really am trying to improve relations between our two parties. I for one won't let one immature troll ruin our relationship, and I know many reasonable members would do the same.

Sincerest apologies, HC. I will refrain from further unrelated posts.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 03:57:01 PM »

Personal drama drives people away from this game more than anything, and that has nothing to do with the election system or whatever. And there has been a lot of drama over the past year.

I also suspect Atlasia operates in cycles. Previous peaks have been in 04/05 and 08/09, some stagnation in 06/10, with noticeable declines around 07/11. Obviously this is reflective of the fact that we are hosted on a website about U.S. presidential elections. I'm sure Atlasia will become very active again next year and into 2013 with the inevitable surge of new members that will come.

To be honest I haven't been very good about recruitment lately. I know certain people dislike my recruiting, but considering my recruits include Hans, Antonio, Homelycooking, and so many more active members I can't even remember them all, it's probably an important factor in keeping Atlasia active. With Hamilton and Dallasfan mostly out of the picture now, we don't really have anyone working on keeping that segment of Atlasia alive. The RPP is only running one candidate here, and didn't seem to be running a strong ticket for Prez in June, so they haven't really had a reason to get their machine working, for the most part, so I'm not really sure what state it's in.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 04:26:43 PM »

You are hilarious, Napoleon.  You complain about the election, but fail to note that your party boss had one of Atlasia's most active citizens thrown off the ballot, as well as the fact that BRTD has been nothing but a zombie for a not insignificant amount of time.  But you don't actually care; your prefer to whine and bitch.  So I'll let you get back to the whining and bitching.

Roll Eyes Gee, sorry for thinking it's unfair if one candidate who declares late is on the ballot but another isn't.

How can you even consider BRTD a "former Senator" at this point as if he's done anything of consequence? I don't think he's done anything in years. Meanwhile, Jbrase and Shua are struggling for the fifth seat even though Shua has been one of the most active in the Senate and Jbrase has showed a real interest in legislating and fighting for his reform proposal(s). We have a real perverse reward system for officeholders in this game right now, and it's all because of the Numbers Game.

So you're complaining about low turn-out? How much lower do you think it would be if we had just been satisfied with 5 candidates for 5 seats? But now you're whining about certain people not winning without competition... Make up your mind, please.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 04:36:45 PM »

Marokai Blue's RPP cronies threatened and blackmailed Jake Matthews, a very active newbie, if he did not vote for Marokai or invalidate his vote. He has subsequently left Atlasia permanently. And I know of another Northeasterner who has permanently left due to the NE Senate race drama.

And yet Marokai Blue thinks its the system that is stale and causing activity in Atlasia to suffer... Sorry, but that just isn't the case.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 04:48:44 PM »

Numerous JCP members have voted for other candidates over our own over the years. They have never faced the "wrath of the party," I don't even know what that would be.

Loosen our grip? Even when we were only running one candidate, there weren't many other people running, only 5 for 5 seats... So whatever. Even Homely wanted us to run a second candidate. Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 10:50:52 PM »

I hope we have a run-off in the Pacific, cuz that'd be fun! Grin
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 11:01:20 PM »

I'm guessing Jbrase beats Ben in the last round for the 5th seat, but if Shua survived the second-to-last round...
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 11:31:56 PM »

I'm guessing Jbrase beats Ben in the last round for the 5th seat, but if Shua survived the second-to-last round...
... then what?!

(I'm pretty sure I don't though. Looks like I just barely fall below Jbrase in the count, and then give him almost all my vote and he gets the quota in the last round.)

yeah but if you beat Ben to get to the last round, I don't know what would happen.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 04:54:05 PM »

He's got quite a few 2nd preferences from Yelnoc voters. Of course that doesn't mean much if he's against him in the final round! Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 05:21:54 PM »

well it's kind of a boring election... I should've tried recruiting a third JCP candidate.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 05:26:33 PM »

the at-large elections just follow such a predictable pattern anymore. Two lefty seats, two righty seats, and one centrist seat.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 07:50:27 PM »

the at-large elections just follow such a predictable pattern anymore.

OMG THAT IS SO COOL THAT YOU CAN USE "ANYMORE" THERE I DIDN'T THINK ANY HUMANS ACTUALLY COULD

R U BEING MEAN 2 ME? Sad
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 10:40:04 PM »

I guess there was kinda sorta not-really a competitive election between 20RP12 and Sewer for the 5th seat. Aren't they members of the same party even? lol? Looks like 20RP12 is easily going to win the 5th seat though.

What a dreadful bore. I'm even more convinced that the duel-dissolution would do a lot of good for this game now.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 10:44:48 PM »

I guess there was kinda sorta not-really a competitive election between 20RP12 and Sewer for the 5th seat. Aren't they members of the same party even? lol? Looks like 20RP12 is easily going to win the 5th seat though.

What a dreadful bore. I'm even more convinced that the duel-dissolution would do a lot of good for this game now.

Or bringing districts back.

They weren't that much more interesting than at-large elections. You probably would have had at least one or two competitive elections that way, at least. But, when an at-large election is competitive it at least nationalizes the competition.

I did enjoy re-districting as Governor, though... Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 10:55:55 PM »

Jake is leading Sewer by 6 in the final round, by my count.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies