H. E. A. R. T. - Tracking the December 2011 Senate Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:25:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  H. E. A. R. T. - Tracking the December 2011 Senate Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: H. E. A. R. T. - Tracking the December 2011 Senate Election  (Read 17803 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: June 27, 2011, 08:50:24 PM »

Parties:

Social Democratic Party ->
Jesus Christ Party ->
Union of the Democratic Left ->
Regional Protection Party

Residence:

Ohio -> Arizona -> New York

Offices:

Attorney General, March 2009 - June 2009
At-large Senator, June 2009 - December 2009
Associate Justice, December 2009 - July 2010
Vice President, July 2010 - November 2010
Attorney General, November 2010 - February 2011
NE Assemblyman, June 2011 - June 2011

Misc. Positions:

Chairman of the Social Democratic Party until it's merge with the JCP.
Constitutional Convention Delegate in early 2009.
Founder of "Repair Our Wiki" in 2009.
President Pro Tempore from October 2010 until I left the Senate.
Worked on the "Budget Committee."
Founder of the Union of the Democratic Left.

Was also Vice-Chair of the JCP for a short time, and co-authored the first draft of the Third Constitution with Purple State.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 10:09:20 AM »

What I don't get is JCPers preferencing a libertarian like Jbrase above someone who perfectly fits their views, like TexasGurl.

I went to TexasGurl's campaign thread and I found platitudes about taxes being too high.

I went to Jbrase's campaign thread and I found a lively debate centered around ways to make this game more interesting.

As if you guys ever supposedly cared about that before now.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 01:13:27 PM »

What I don't get is JCPers preferencing a libertarian like Jbrase above someone who perfectly fits their views, like TexasGurl.

I went to TexasGurl's campaign thread and I found platitudes about taxes being too high.

I went to Jbrase's campaign thread and I found a lively debate centered around ways to make this game more interesting.

As if you guys ever supposedly cared about that before now.

Of course. Thanks to your incredible abilities you can read our minds.

You didn't know that? Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »

Turnout here is embarrassingly low.

But keep on doing the same thing over and over again, Atlasia.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 03:37:44 PM »

Turnout here is embarrassingly low.

But keep on doing the same thing over and over again, Atlasia.

There were five candidates on the ballot. Participation in Atlasia is embarrassingly low. We've decided positions like GTO Ambassador and Deputy SoFE are more important.

Yes, the position of Deputy SoFE and GTO Ambassador are why turnout is low. You've nailed it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 04:11:02 PM »

Rather than whine, perhaps you could show up to vote yourself.

1. Homelycooking
2. Duke
3. Jbrase
4. Write in: Benconstine
5. Shua

See those people? Yeah, those are active people.

Regardless of my political affiliation I think it's fair to say that it is unfortunate that the three candidates who are currently at the bottom of the table are two active sitting senators and a long-serving, respectable member of cabinet.

It is always sad when good people lose but that is why we have elections.

It is conversely fortunate that two active sitting Senators, a former Senator and a great Speaker take the 4 top spots.

How can you even consider BRTD a "former Senator" at this point as if he's done anything of consequence? I don't think he's done anything in years. Meanwhile, Jbrase and Shua are struggling for the fifth seat even though Shua has been one of the most active in the Senate and Jbrase has showed a real interest in legislating and fighting for his reform proposal(s). We have a real perverse reward system for officeholders in this game right now, and it's all because of the Numbers Game.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 04:29:42 PM »

For someone so concerned about TURNOUT and REGIONS, you really lead by example by voting in Northeastern elections.

My plan was to leave the Northeast pretty soon. The regional elections weren't the first thing on my mind.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Here's the difference between you and me, since so many people like the make the comparison since we're both such firebrands: I'm honest. I'm not going to twist myself into a pretzel to serve as a hack. You're totally right, Officepark hasn't been active. I'm also not the person that can do anything about that since this is an at-large election and I'm not a Mideast citizen. But I'll hardly stand here and defend his record.

You, however, just can't let any chance go to be aggressive and to play the party line. Hell, even when I served as resident JCP hack in 2009 I could still admit there were problems with the JCP and reach out to the reformist left. I don't see that same ability in you. There's no room for nuance in Atlasia in that mind of yours. The whole BRTD saga is a joke, and he was cooked up, I'm sure, as a last minute JCP candidate because, despite the huge size of your party, you can't ever seem to find people to run for office. Be honest with us for once in your career, Napoleon. BRTD has done nothing to deserve his current position in the results except be a JCP member.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 04:32:23 PM »

Many of those who voted for BRTD are in the party founded by Marokai, not the JCP.

The party I haven't been in for several months now.

Why do you people feel the need to corrupt every one of homely's tracking threads?  Don't you people have more important things to do then bicker about meaningless bullsh**t in this thread?  For as much as I like and respect the activity and intelligence that comes from the people involved in this rivalry, this back and forth thing is rather intolerable.

There is no other thread for election analysis. I'm sorry for not holding hands here, but this is just a reality. There was basically no election-talk on the current results in Atlasia until now, anyway.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 04:43:23 PM »

Marokai Blue's RPP cronies threatened and blackmailed Jake Matthews, a very active newbie, if he did not vote for Marokai or invalidate his vote. He has subsequently left Atlasia permanently. And I know of another Northeasterner who has has permanently left due to the NE Senate race drama.

And yet Marokai Blue thinks its the system that is stale and causing activity in Atlasia to suffer... Sorry, but that just isn't the case.

Who, exactly? So many former Northeasterners are no longer active in Atlasian politics, and I can certainly imagine why. Perhaps you're talking about Bullmoose, who refused to vote because he had two choices; to vote for his friend and suffer the wrath of his party or vote for the party and turn his back on his friend? Yeah, I feel so inclined to your side of the argument here, the party that has singlehandedly turned every election into a gigantic numbers game that, more than anything has dissuaded people from running for office.

Seriously, you don't think that could possible have anything to do with it? The fact that running for office has essentially become a business, there's no point in running for anything anything unless you're a glutton for punishment or you have the election in the bag from the get-go.

Your argument is hardly reasonable. "We had to run someone else because the election would've been boring otherwise!" Perhaps if the JCP loosened it's grip just a little on the throat of the at-large elections, more people would be inclined to run.

(Also you don't need to name me as if I'm not here. You can talk to me directly.)

Marokai if you want to call me a liar try finding a lie first. I've been clear about where I stand. I don't whine about turnout and yet not show up to vote and then make up bullsh**t excuses.

As usual, you dodge and spin, dodge and spin. I didn't try defending Officepark. You however can't help yourself by defend anything with a JCP stamp. Now you've conveniently moved on from that issue entirely.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 04:46:32 PM »

I figured this may as well be done.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 05:10:47 PM »

Who, exactly? So many former Northeasterners are no longer active in Atlasian politics, and I can certainly imagine why.

Oh, so longtime crisis in Northeast is now a JCP fault? Roll Eyes

Yes, I remember Hamilton, Mint, Libertas etc. - a longtime JCP members and hacks.

Libertas and Hamilton were banned. Mint has fallen off because he's bored with the game, which is all I was implying for the others.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 12:18:08 AM »

Three cheers for the party system!

Hip Hip!-

..Anyone?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: