H. E. A. R. T. - Tracking the December 2011 Senate Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:50:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  H. E. A. R. T. - Tracking the December 2011 Senate Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: H. E. A. R. T. - Tracking the December 2011 Senate Election  (Read 17830 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: June 27, 2011, 12:49:37 PM »

Napoleon (JCP- Connecticut)
Northeast Assemblyman (elected February 2011 and April 2011)
Northeast Speaker (April 2011-June 2011)
Northeast Senator (elected June 2011)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 03:36:53 PM »

Turnout here is embarrassingly low.

But keep on doing the same thing over and over again, Atlasia.

There were five candidates on the ballot. Participation in Atlasia is embarrassingly low. We've decided positions like GTO Ambassador and Deputy SoFE are more important.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 03:44:29 PM »

Turnout here is embarrassingly low.

But keep on doing the same thing over and over again, Atlasia.

There were five candidates on the ballot. Participation in Atlasia is embarrassingly low. We've decided positions like GTO Ambassador and Deputy SoFE are more important.

Yes, the position of Deputy SoFE and GTO Ambassador are why turnout is low. You've nailed it.

I am glad you agree that the inability to field more than five candidates on a ballot for a five seat election might have something to do with low turnout. People don't find value in voting when election results are a foregone conclusion. Creating a larger pool of candidates would create a larger pool of voters.

Rather than whine, perhaps you could show up to vote yourself.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 03:49:38 PM »

Regardless of my political affiliation I think it's fair to say that it is unfortunate that the three candidates who are currently at the bottom of the table are two active sitting senators and a long-serving, respectable member of cabinet.

It is always sad when good people lose but that is why we have elections.

It is conversely fortunate that two active sitting Senators, a former Senator and a great Speaker take the 4 top spots.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 04:04:24 PM »

Ben, you can whine and bitch all you want but if you felt you should have been on the ballot maybe you should join a party that doesn't claim to value rule of law since you don't obvi.

You're out of touch with Atlasaia and gave a poor debate performance. That might be why BRTD is ahead of you.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »

For someone so concerned about TURNOUT and REGIONS, you really lead by example by voting in Northeastern elections.

Activity when used as a voting criteria is meaningless if it is active opposition. I'm not going to vote for people who oppose my bills just because they are "active" when doing so. Both sides need to uphold activity but to say BRTD will be less active than your party's Mideast Senator is a joke.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 04:28:48 PM »

Many of those who voted for BRTD are in the party founded by Marokai, not the JCP.

Your debate answers were noticeably vague compared to the other candidates and your stances were out of touch with the electorate. You also failed to ask for our endorsement as others in your party did. Keep your bitterness to yourself.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 04:38:52 PM »

Marokai if you want to call me a liar try finding a lie first. I've been clear about where I stand. I don't whine about turnout and yet not show up to vote and then make up bullsh**t excuses.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 04:41:49 PM »

I am so excellent at playling party line that I put homelycooking above Bets and put Meeker 3rd in the special election.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 04:47:23 PM »

The point is that other parties are at least as guilty as the JCP but you don't criticize anyone else. Your party's presidential candidate even went AWOL last election.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 05:21:57 PM »

Senator HappyWarrior I think doesn't meet activity requirements. Chock up another JCP persecution of Ben.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 07:01:30 PM »

Senator HappyWarrior I think doesn't meet activity requirements. Chock up another JCP persecution of Ben.

There may be many others who may not be eligible to vote due to this requirement. Ghostwhite? dead0man? Elyski? Frankly, I'm dismayed that a requirement destined to disqualify so many voters is still law.

What do you mean? They all have enough posts, more than enough.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 04:34:14 AM »

He did.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 09:50:51 AM »

Looking good for my NE buddies! Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 10:43:21 PM »

I guess there was kinda sorta not-really a competitive election between 20RP12 and Sewer for the 5th seat. Aren't they members of the same party even? lol? Looks like 20RP12 is easily going to win the 5th seat though.

What a dreadful bore. I'm even more convinced that the duel-dissolution would do a lot of good for this game now.

Or bringing districts back.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 02:22:31 AM »

Several Points.  (1) It's important to remember however has the most votes, is Lt. Governor (which is a Rep now).  (2)  Dallasfan decided against accepting votes, so he won't be elected (unfortunately Tongue).
I thought that Andrew was going to remain Lt. Governor until February.
We're running this election under the new constitution, so I would assume Andrew would no longer be Lt. Governor.

I thought we decided he would continue a full term regardless.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 03:30:48 PM »

So, have we figured out when I'm out of a job yet?

I don't know how cutting your term short could be legally justified.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 03:44:16 PM »

It was already assumed that Andrew would be serving a full term.  Unless there's a law that would prohibit him from finishing it, I don't think we can cut it short, like Napoleon said.

Of course, the Lt. Governor is technically suppose to be the rep with the most votes, but everyone who won a seat already swore in as reps.  So we have another legal conflict to deal with, it seems.

I think some pellets are confused by this, but the Lieutenant Governor is an Assemblyman. Like the Speaker, he or she is a Representative with "elevated" status but really no different.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies