Best President, Not Candidate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:41:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Best President, Not Candidate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Of All 10 Democratic Candiates in 2004, John Kerry was not the best the candidate, but would make the best President.
Strongly Agree

Agree

Disagree

Strongly Disagree

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Best President, Not Candidate  (Read 33777 times)
Redefeatbush04

« on: December 12, 2004, 01:20:50 PM »
« edited: December 12, 2004, 01:22:33 PM by Redefeatbush04 »

The biggest problem with Kerry is that he was a liberal who campaigned as a moderate, and got caught.

Dean's biggest problem was that he was a moderate who campaigned as a liberal, and was viewed as unelectable.

Lieberman was electable, but in the primaries, folks tend to choose the less moderate candidates. Which is why McCain lost in 2000, and lieberman lost in 2004, yet both would have likely won their respective elctions solidly.

Al Sharpton + Dennis Kucinich - Cheesy

Edwards was a good VP choice but was not ready for president. Seeemed too inexperienced for me. Good campaigner though.

Gephardt would have made a decent president. Not a very good campaigner.

Clark - electable, and respected by all. Good campaigner. Not a solid platform.

I would have been thoroughly undecided between Dean, Kerry, and Lieberman. I supported Dean up until the overplayed Iowa Scream because of his positions on the Iraq war, and because of his time serving as governor of vermont (he did a great job). I then supported Kerry. Lieberman was always an option but his support of the Iraq War......ya........I didn't like that.

Not like it really mattered. By the time Jersey got to vote only Kerry was on the ballot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies