FL-PPP: Scott stinks to high heaven (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:52:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-PPP: Scott stinks to high heaven (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-PPP: Scott stinks to high heaven  (Read 8799 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: June 28, 2011, 03:49:37 PM »

Who would have thought that electing a convicted felon isn't such a good idea after all?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 03:52:23 PM »

I wonder StatesRights thinks of Mr. Scott.

As long as Scott is pro-Confederacy, he'll love him.

Who would have thought that electing a convicted felon isn't such a good idea after all?

Don't know who you're talking about.  Are you referring to this guy?

I love you too wormy.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 01:46:20 PM »

Yes, but Connecticut's governor is unpopular, too.

Not this unpopular.

The pollsters have been afraid to poll the state to expose his unpopularity.

Quinnipiac June15, 2011
Do you approve or disapprove of the way Dannel Malloy is handling his job as Governor?
Approve            38%
Disapprove       44%
DK/NA               18%

A -6 approval rating is a far cry from -26 approval rating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 12:29:35 AM »

From PPP's poll:

Scott’s standing is so poor that 40% of this swing state’s voters say his actions as
governor will make them less likely to support the Republicans’ presidential nominee
next year. Only 26% say they will make them more likely. Most crucially, independents
say by a 45-18 margin that Scott has turned them off from GOP candidates in general.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 09:10:16 AM »

From PPP's poll:

Scott’s standing is so poor that 40% of this swing state’s voters say his actions as
governor will make them less likely to support the Republicans’ presidential nominee
next year. Only 26% say they will make them more likely. Most crucially, independents
say by a 45-18 margin that Scott has turned them off from GOP candidates in general.

Wow! Scott is so bad that 26% are more likely to vote for a Republican for President? Very compelling data! You guys definitely proved me wrong on this one.

I'll respect the fact that we are friends and won't put this post into the Goldmine.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 03:40:36 PM »

I'm still waiting for the explanation as to why the ever-so-unpopular Scott has 26% of people more likely to vote for the GOP nominee. And you can't chalk that up to Republican hacks. They'd simply (and correctly) answer that Scott's performance has absolutely no impact on how they'll vote for President. It will be the same case for voters in 2012.

I'm not arguing that the math is wrong; I'm arguing that it's a bogus thought that people will vote for President based on their feelings on Scott. It's such a deeply flawed strategy and question for a poll.

27% of Illinoinans voted Alan Keyes back in 2004. I guess those Scott admirers are the same kind of people: hardcore, far-right wingers who would be willing to vote Charles Manson, as long as he has an R next to his name.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 06:21:57 AM »

I wasn't around in 2004 but I vaguely remember that Taft became REALLY unpopular during autumn 2005 when the Coingate scandal erupted and some of his closest advisers were indicted for fraud. I don't remember Taft's popularity (or lack thereof) to be a major campaign issue during the 2004 presidential race.

Even so, 2004 was one of those rare elections where Ohio was less Republican than the country at large, so maybe Taft was already starting to drag down with him the entire party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies