PPP TX: Obama Leads Perry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 01:47:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP TX: Obama Leads Perry
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PPP TX: Obama Leads Perry  (Read 5929 times)
HST1948

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2011, 12:20:42 PM »

2012 Presidential Election in Texas:

Obama 44%   Bachmann  47%
Obama 43%   Cain           43%
Obama 46%   Palin           44%
Obama 43%   Pawlenty    44%
Oabma 42%   Romney      50%
Oabma 40%   Paul            45%
Obama 47%   Perry          45%

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_TX_629513.pdf
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:21:58 PM »

Can we get PPP in toilet paper form soon?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 12:23:21 PM »

Have you ever visited Texas? No? Okay then.
Heimdal
HenryH

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 12:28:33 PM »

I think everybody knew that Obama would be a stronger candidate than most of the Democrats Perry has defeated, but these are really bad numbers for him. Even the "RINO" Romney outperforms him in his homestate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 12:28:51 PM »

You're right. Because I've never visited Texas, I should just accept the fact that Tim Pawlenty is only leading Obama by one point in Texas.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 12:33:59 PM »

You're right. Because I've never visited Texas, I should just accept the fact that Tim Pawlenty is only leading Obama by one point in Texas.

Yes, you should.  In fact, you should accept any poll that shows Tim Pawlenty struggling against Obama because:

(1) Half of Americans don't know who he is
(2) The half who does give him -10 to -15 favorability because listening to T-Paw for five minutes informs you that he is a candy ass loser.

Most of these undecided voters will likely break 4 to 1 for the GOP candidate and that means a win for that candidate.  EXCEPT Rick Perry and Sarah Palin, who will both lose Texas.  Count on it.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 12:37:58 PM »

Pawlenty has terrible numbers everywhere. He's proven himself to be a miserable joke of a candidate.

And PPP was one of the most accurate pollsters in 2010 and 2008.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 12:42:21 PM »

Perry is toxic, that's nothing new. It's beyond silly to accuse PPP of bias every time a Republican is behind. I mean, Obama's number isn't even that high above what he got in 2008, if they really wanted to pull something, they'd push him over 50%. The only outfit with manipulated polls is a right-wing one.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 12:47:04 PM »

OR, instead if engaging in histrionics, maybe instead you could instead simply note: a) a 2008 vote sample of 51 McCain, 42 Obama, 7 don't remember/someone else is probably a slightly pro-Dem sample; and b) A Republican governor who got re-elected in 2010 Texas with only 55%, and reelected with 39% 4 years earlier, isn't much liked in his state.

Oh, and regarding Pawlenty:

Yes, you should.  In fact, you should accept any poll that shows Tim Pawlenty struggling against Obama because:

(2) The half who does give him -10 to -15 favorability because listening to T-Paw for five minutes informs you that he is a candy ass loser.

Most of these undecided voters will likely break 4 to 1 for the GOP candidate and that means a win for that candidate.  EXCEPT Rick Perry and Sarah Palin, who will both lose Texas.  Count on it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 12:47:39 PM »

Yes, you should.  In fact, you should accept any poll that shows Tim Pawlenty struggling against Obama because:

Most of these undecided voters will likely break 4 to 1 for the GOP candidate and that means a win for that candidate.  EXCEPT Rick Perry and Sarah Palin, who will both lose Texas.  Count on it.

There are certain places where a shopping cart would poll better than 44% to 43% against Obama. Texas is one of them.

This idea that Perry wouldn't win the state against Obama is just laughable. As unpopular as he might be, the guy still managed to get to 55% of the vote last year. He wouldn't lose the state in a Presidential election year.

It's beyond silly to accuse PPP of bias every time a Republican is behind.

Well, good thing I didn't do that.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 12:49:30 PM »

Yes, Phil, I suppose its true you never actually used the word "bias". Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 12:50:07 PM »

b) A Republican governor who got re-elected in 2010 Texas with only 55%, and reelected with 39% 4 years earlier, isn't much liked in his state.

39% in a four way race isn't horrible especially in a not-so-great year for Republicans. And since Bill White was supposed to be a Democratic savior by Texas standards, the supposedly wildly unpopular Perry getting re-elected with 55% to become the state's longest serving Governor isn't so bad either.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 12:50:39 PM »

The collective Republican thing to do here is bash PPP polls, despite accuracy. Your post seemed to do that, no matter how you spin it now with semantics games.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 12:51:14 PM »

Yes, Phil, I suppose its true you never actually used the word "bias". Roll Eyes

Badger, if you want to argue with me, have some facts lined up. I was suggesting that it was a bad poll. Stop whining that I accused the poll of being biased.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 12:52:23 PM »

The collective Republican thing to do here is bash PPP polls, despite accuracy. Your post seemed to do that, no matter how you spin it now with semantics games.

I never accused it of bias and for you people to think so highly of yourselves to suggest that I have to spin is laughable.

I was saying that this poll is a bad poll. End of story.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 12:55:16 PM »

b) A Republican governor who got re-elected in 2010 Texas with only 55%, and reelected with 39% 4 years earlier, isn't much liked in his state.

39% in a four way race isn't horrible especially in a not-so-great year for Republicans. And since Bill White was supposed to be a Democratic savior by Texas standards, the supposedly wildly unpopular Perry getting re-elected with 55% to become the state's longest serving Governor isn't so bad either.

39% "isn't horrible"? The fact that 61% of voters chose someone other than Perry the incumbent reflects what? He barely got a majority in this year's GOP primary after Hutchison ran a rather disasterous campaign. By those standards Arlen Specter was still "widely respected" in PA for even coming close. Roll Eyes

55% "isn't so bad either"?

Republican. Incumbent. Texas. 2010.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 12:56:29 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2011, 12:58:55 PM by A Serious King »

This idea that Perry wouldn't win the state against Obama is just laughable. As unpopular as he might be, the guy still managed to get to 55% of the vote last year. He wouldn't lose the state in a Presidential election year.

An election two years ago is an election two years ago.  Bush would not have won a lot of states in 2006 that he won with ease in 2004.

Rick Perry becomes more unpopular by the day in the Lone Star State.  Him walking out on the governorship (but likely not resigning, because that's the kind of person he is) to become a buffoon on the national stage will only seal his fate.  Only 33% of Texans think he should run and that will be his approval rating as Governor during any Presidential campaign in 2012.
HST1948

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 12:57:34 PM »

I don't know why there is such a T-Paw buzz and why people are surprised when he isn't doing that well in polls.  He was a plurality governor who only got reelected because his opponent called a reporter a "Republican Whore" three days before the election. In addition he is not that popular in his home state and puts people to sleep when he speaks.  I will concede it is slightly impressive that he was a Republican that won the governorship in a Blue State.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 12:57:58 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ect-kgxBb4M
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 12:59:46 PM »

I never accused it of bias and for you people to think so highly of yourselves to suggest that I have to spin is laughable.

Yes, whatever you say.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 01:01:36 PM »

39% "isn't horrible"? The fact that 61% of voters chose someone other than Perry the incumbent reflects what?

In a terrible year in a four person race and when you're supposedly very unpopular, it isn't horrible. I'm sorry that I have to explain this to someone who supposedly knows something about politics. But, of course, you'll go on to tell me that 57% of voters choosing someone other than Bill Clinton in 1992 wasn't a poor showing and 51% of voters choosing someone other than Bill Clinton the incumbent during pretty good times was phenomenal!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What? That Specter comparison doesn't even make sense. Do me a favor and stick to points that make some sense, Badger. I would never say that either of them is "widely respected" across the state based on primary results because they are...well...primary results.

I don't think you grasp that getting a majority - even if it's a bare majority - in a more than two person race is respectable.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Again, for someone that is so unpopular, 55% is not so bad.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 01:03:53 PM »

Please explain to me how the one isn't like the other. I asked if it would be in toilet paper soon. Please prove to me how that means I suggested a bias instead of saying it was just a bad poll.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »

Hey man, let's keep things civil. No need to start pulling the Roll Eyes's out.

He really doesn't have a point to make so he needs to get as hostile as possible. He thought I was complaining that PPP was biased. I corrected him and said that I thought this was a bad poll. He couldn't accept that so he'll go on arguing that I believe something that I don't.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 01:08:39 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2011, 01:10:26 PM by Badger »

Please explain to me how the one isn't like the other. I asked if it would be in toilet paper soon. Please prove to me how that means I suggested a bias instead of saying it was just a bad poll.

<With apologies to the mods; the text is simply attached to the image for some random reason Tongue>
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »

Looking at the last poll from PPP on TX Governor, which had Perry winning a fairly MOE accurate 53-44, White was likely hurt by Obama's toxic 33-61 Approval rating; not to mention his garbage excuse of a campaign. And Perry actually wasn't particularly unpopular by November 2010 (45% disapproval, which works for the incumbent).  Perry's unpopularity is now well above 50% while Obama is trending in the other direction.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies