What Size of Bed Do You Sleep On?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:27:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What Size of Bed Do You Sleep On?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: What Size of Bed Do You Sleep On?
Single
Double
Queen
King
California King
California Queen
Futon
Couch
I sleep on the floor
Prefer not to say
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: What Size of Bed Do You Sleep On?  (Read 3702 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 04:06:59 PM »

There's an idea.  An uncomfortable sofa that folds out into an even more uncomfortable bed.  No thanks.

Except that they are very comfortable beds - more comfortable than any bed that poors could afford.  Of course you wouldn't know about that..
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 06:09:04 PM »

For everyone who answered "Queen," you do know that its referring to the size of your bed, right?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 07:57:12 PM »

I used to have a queen with sh**tty uneven springs that kept me up all night so I got rid of it and bought one of those fancy pants tempuredics.  But I could only afford it in double size.  Vertically, its pretty snug, but there's enough room for two adults.  Or four children.  Or one adult and two children.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2011, 08:14:06 PM »

Why don't you take a seat?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 10:13:06 PM »

There's an idea.  An uncomfortable sofa that folds out into an even more uncomfortable bed.  No thanks.

Except that they are very comfortable beds

It is a matter of taste, I suppose.  My wife and I bicker about this sometimes.  She actually prefers a softer bed.  I like mine to have the firmness of a brick.  Usually, about halfway through the night she migrates into the guest bedroom and sleeps on that one.  Also a queen, but much softer. 

It's the same way with cereal.  I know folks who eat their cereal as soon as they pour the milk in.  So it actually crackles and crunches as you chew it.  I find that awfully distasteful.  I tend to put milk on it and let it sit at least 30 minutes before eating it, so that it becomes mushy.  Then I stir it around a bit.  I don't care much for textural inhomogeneities in my cereal, to be honest.  Never have.  I remember when we were children my sister and I considered each other gross:  she preferred the contrast between the lightly viscous whole milk and the hard, crunchy flakes, while I preferred them to all blend into one harmonious porridge.  To each his own, right?

Well I suppose that if we ever buy another bed, we'll get one of those sleep number beds, so I can make mine hard as a stone and my wife can have hers mushy.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 11:05:53 PM »

Everyone knows cereal is to be eaten without milk.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2011, 07:52:58 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2011, 12:53:19 PM by opebo »

Except that they are very comfortable beds

It is a matter of taste, I suppose.  My wife and I bicker about this sometimes.  She actually prefers a softer bed.

I also prefer a very firm bed.  The futons I have had over the years were always my firmest beds - because they were very thin.  You have a very thin layer of softness laying directly on a hard wooden frame or the hardwood floor - this should be harder than even your ultra expensive beds.

Basically I hate the springs.  In inch or two of softness supported by brick hard firmness is what I like.. I don't want some bouncy, springy soft bed.

Anyway tell us how much you spent on your high-end bed rich man.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2011, 09:22:11 AM »

I don't care for springs either, which is why I bought the Restonics.  And I probably spent less on bedding, including pillows blankets, sheets, and bedskirt, than you spent on pussy that year.  Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2011, 12:14:44 PM »

I don't care for springs either, which is why I bought the Restonics.  And I probably spent less on bedding, including pillows blankets, sheets, and bedskirt, than you spent on pussy that year.  Wink

Apples and oranges, friend.  The point is you are extraordinary privileged.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2011, 02:56:59 AM »

Double?  IS that the same as a full?  I think that'swhat I have.  I have a twin up  at my apartment at shcool, but at home, I have a full.  I sleep diagonally at home though - kinda weird.  Why on earth do you need a California King bed if you're just by yourself?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2011, 03:50:42 AM »

Queen sleigh bed in my apt, have a room at my parents house, Queen bed.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 12:04:20 PM »

Well?

Personally, I sleep on a Queen bed, though I'm asking for an upgrade. My brother has a California King, and it's what I plan on getting once I'm older and on my own.

I may have forgot an option - if so, just state your size in the thread.

What does a kid have need of a bed larger than Twin for? (Only acceptable answer: Nothing.)

Anyway, we have a King.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »

Well?

Personally, I sleep on a Queen bed, though I'm asking for an upgrade. My brother has a California King, and it's what I plan on getting once I'm older and on my own.

What does a kid have need of a bed larger than Twin for? (Only acceptable answer: Nothing.)

Anyway, we have a King.

Twin beds are lame.  No tossing and turning room.  And if you have a sleepover you have to scrunch up with the other person.  Or if you want to sleep with your alligator or something, he gets knocked off the bed onto the floor.  I had a twin till age 13, then Mama finally bought me a large bed.

My son has always had a queen-size bed.  All our beds are queen size beds.  Kings would even be better if they weren't such a bitch to move in and out.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 12:58:20 PM »

I love you, too. Purple heart
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 01:08:03 PM »

Double, I think. It's plenty big for two people, as long as you don't mind sleeping close. Wink
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 11:18:34 PM »

Twin at house, twin at university.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2011, 09:22:20 AM »

Well?

Anyway, we have a King.
Well, I'm 6'5'', so anything smaller and my feet hang off the edge.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2011, 03:50:50 PM »

Well?

Anyway, we have a King.

Twin beds are lame.  No tossing and turning room.  And if you have a sleepover you have to scrunch up with the other person.  Or if you want to sleep with your alligator or something, he gets knocked off the bed onto the floor.  I had a twin till age 13, then Mama finally bought me a large bed.

My son has always had a queen-size bed.  All our beds are queen size beds.  Kings would even be better if they weren't such a bitch to move in and out.

13??? I didn't graduate to a full-size bed until I was 2 months shy of my 27th birthday in February 2009!!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2012, 11:08:20 AM »

I sleep on the floor.  have been since Sept 2010.  I sleep on an 'egg crate' and folder-over comforter.  both are exceedingly gross at this point: the former caked with hear, filth, and probably infested with some kind of parasites.  I look forward to throwing it out when I move out of my apartment late this month.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2012, 11:45:56 AM »

Given my august station in life, and "needs" these days, I sleep on a California King of course. Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2012, 11:51:27 AM »

I sleep on the floor.  have been since Sept 2010.  I sleep on an 'egg crate' and folder-over comforter.  both are exceedingly gross at this point: the former caked with hear, filth, and probably infested with some kind of parasites.  I look forward to throwing it out when I move out of my apartment late this month.

COOL!!!  I mean about the poor, filthy life, not the moving.

I'm moving too though, from a very filthy apartment to a townhouse, with a new queen-sized bed.  Actually the bed is second hand from a female friend, so its very clean and well kept. 

And, get this - I have a maid!!!  Its the only way to avoid living in filth.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »

Queen for me but I'm also fine with smaller beds, furniture, and the floor when need be.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2012, 01:10:33 PM »

Wow. I have a double I don't fit in. I'll be downgrading to a single soon.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2012, 02:02:04 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2012, 02:03:43 PM by PhilthyPhezzy »

Single...my parents bought a Queen for my apartment at school and it was by far the most glorious bed I've ever slept on. Then they broke it to me that I was simply borrowing it until I graduated and my room at home was turned into a guest room. Cruel.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2012, 02:11:17 PM »

Twin(single) at home and dorm. The one at home is XL too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies