What Size of Bed Do You Sleep On? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:39:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What Size of Bed Do You Sleep On? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What Size of Bed Do You Sleep On?
Single
Double
Queen
King
California King
California Queen
Futon
Couch
I sleep on the floor
Prefer not to say
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: What Size of Bed Do You Sleep On?  (Read 3800 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: July 01, 2011, 12:17:48 PM »

There's an idea.  An uncomfortable sofa that folds out into an even more uncomfortable bed.  No thanks.

Queen size, by the way.  Mine is a Restonics ultra firm SB1.  I spent about a month a few years ago looking for the perfect diamond-hard queen-size mattress and box set, and I finally found a Restonics that was perfect.  It cost an arm and a leg, but it's worth it.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 12:25:49 PM »

There are lots of queens in this thread.

All the beds in our house are queen size.  It's really the perfect size, unless the boy watches a scary movie.  Then it gets crowded.  I have a fancy on in the master bedroom, extremely firm.  In the guest bedroom we keep a cheap one.  Soft.  But I have found that many folks like soft ones so it's okay.  And in my son's room there's a mid-price one.  Sealy posturepedic, medium-firm.  It's comfortable as well. 

King-size is nice, don't get me wrong, and I like them in hotels, so long as they're very hard.  But it'd be hell moving in and out.  Even with the queen we had tremendous difficulty getting through the stairwell to the second floor.  So queen is as big as I would buy.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 12:26:54 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2011, 12:28:40 PM by angus »

An uncomfortable couch and an even more uncomfortable bed!

and on preview I see I've been beat to the punch.  Damn you angus!  <shakes fist at sky>

Touché, mon ami!

I think I had exactly the same thought about you when I read the name Nesselbush and posted.  

...or maybe I'm confusing you with somebody else. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 10:13:06 PM »

There's an idea.  An uncomfortable sofa that folds out into an even more uncomfortable bed.  No thanks.

Except that they are very comfortable beds

It is a matter of taste, I suppose.  My wife and I bicker about this sometimes.  She actually prefers a softer bed.  I like mine to have the firmness of a brick.  Usually, about halfway through the night she migrates into the guest bedroom and sleeps on that one.  Also a queen, but much softer. 

It's the same way with cereal.  I know folks who eat their cereal as soon as they pour the milk in.  So it actually crackles and crunches as you chew it.  I find that awfully distasteful.  I tend to put milk on it and let it sit at least 30 minutes before eating it, so that it becomes mushy.  Then I stir it around a bit.  I don't care much for textural inhomogeneities in my cereal, to be honest.  Never have.  I remember when we were children my sister and I considered each other gross:  she preferred the contrast between the lightly viscous whole milk and the hard, crunchy flakes, while I preferred them to all blend into one harmonious porridge.  To each his own, right?

Well I suppose that if we ever buy another bed, we'll get one of those sleep number beds, so I can make mine hard as a stone and my wife can have hers mushy.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 09:22:11 AM »

I don't care for springs either, which is why I bought the Restonics.  And I probably spent less on bedding, including pillows blankets, sheets, and bedskirt, than you spent on pussy that year.  Wink
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »

Well?

Personally, I sleep on a Queen bed, though I'm asking for an upgrade. My brother has a California King, and it's what I plan on getting once I'm older and on my own.

I may have forgot an option - if so, just state your size in the thread.

What does a kid have need of a bed larger than Twin for? (Only acceptable answer: Nothing.)

Anyway, we have a King.

Twin beds are lame.  No tossing and turning room.  And if you have a sleepover you have to scrunch up with the other person.  Or if you want to sleep with your alligator or something, he gets knocked off the bed onto the floor.  I had a twin till age 13, then Mama finally bought me a large bed.

My son has always had a queen-size bed.  All our beds are queen size beds.  Kings would even be better if they weren't such a bitch to move in and out.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies