June Jobs Report (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:46:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  June Jobs Report (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: June Jobs Report  (Read 3773 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: July 02, 2011, 05:35:41 AM »

Lots of teachers got laid off this month, which likely led to the higher unemployment numbers.

I expect job growth to be very anemic... maybe 50-70k with 100-150k private sector jobs and -30-100k government jobs.

Budget cuts are killing our recovery.  But hey.. gotta keep taxes low for the rich so they can create a job for you!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 08:57:51 PM »

Well Obama had his chance and he blew it.  At least the Fed saw it coming and did its best, but it wasn't nearly enough.  The government needed to do something WWII-sized in early 2009 to get us out of this mess and set the economy on the right path.  And no, I don't mean start a war, I mean one-time new government spending projects equivalent to WWII as a proportion of US GDP.
That's the thing with Keynesian stimulis spending.. it has to be massive.  If the government had spent $1 trillion on roads alone.... it would've headed off much of the recession since most construction workers could be quickly retrained from home building into road building.  But it's all shoulda coulda woulda at this point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies