The White House - Polnut Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:34:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House - Polnut Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: The White House - Polnut Administration  (Read 34958 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2012, 10:51:19 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President was unharmed during the security incident involving tainted mail.

He was initially removed from the West Wing to a secure location, but chose to continue with plan to spend the weekend at Camp David as soon as Secret Service were sure there was no thread of contamination.

The President wants to make clear that he will not respond to threats and will continue with his visit to North Carolina and Virginia next week. His public schedule will not be curtailed.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #226 on: April 14, 2012, 10:53:05 AM »

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #227 on: April 15, 2012, 01:16:37 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President will be visiting North Carolina and Virginia next week.

The schedule will be as follows:

Tuesday 17 April

Raleigh, Durham and Winston-Salem NC

Wednesday 18 April

Richmond, Norfolk and Williamsburg VA
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #228 on: April 15, 2012, 07:21:07 PM »

Mr. President,

The Smart Grid Electrical Distribution Act has passed the Senate and is presented to you for your signature or veto.

Sen. NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #229 on: April 22, 2012, 04:52:26 PM »

Mr. President,

The Atlasian National Broadcaster Bill has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Sen. NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: April 23, 2012, 07:03:37 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President wishes to sincerely apologise to all Senate candidates due to his absence from the Senate election.

He has been suffering with a severe flu and pharyngitis for the past week.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #231 on: April 23, 2012, 08:01:11 AM »

Feel better- Polnut
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: April 23, 2012, 08:42:37 AM »

Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #233 on: April 23, 2012, 08:50:09 AM »

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #234 on: April 23, 2012, 10:24:26 AM »

He has been suffering with a severe flu and pharyngitis for the past week.

No excuse, get back to work biatch.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #235 on: April 23, 2012, 01:48:45 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2012, 07:30:57 PM »

Mr. President,

The Primary System Introduction Act has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Senator NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #237 on: April 27, 2012, 07:58:17 PM »

I will have limited access for the next few days - I have the opportunity to do some disaster relief work in Henryville again. Please pm me if my services are very much needed. Thanks Smiley
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #238 on: April 29, 2012, 04:04:51 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President thanks those who have passed on best wishes during his illness.

He was diagnosed with the flu and pharyngitis, which turned into a bronchial infection. He has now being given the all clear from his doctor.

The President also wishes to state that he intends to make an endorsement for the Presidential election, however, he does not intend to make it precipitously but an endorsement will be made before the election.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: April 29, 2012, 09:50:41 AM »

It's gonna be Oakvale, but I can at least ask, right? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #240 on: April 30, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »

Mr. President,

The Caucus Infrastructure and Formation Act Repeal Act has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Senator NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore.

Glad to see you are feeling better. Smiley
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: April 30, 2012, 10:54:44 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President and the Vice President are currently working on a Budget to put forward for the Senate's consideration.

It will focus on three things

1. reducing the overheads of government, without triggering mass unemployment
2. making sensible reductions in areas of duplication and where consolidation would work
3. finding reasonable revenue increases with minimal household impact.

The minimum deficit reduction target for this year is 17%.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #242 on: May 01, 2012, 08:11:14 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President will be addressing the Atlasian Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) National Congress in Atlanta, Georgia on Wednesday.

He will then travel to Miami, where he will address the National Women's Leadership Council dinner.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #243 on: May 02, 2012, 06:05:21 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President made a statement today about the resignation of the Secretary of External Affairs.

"Secretary Ben has served me well, with loyalty and commitment. It was often a difficult job for him and I always appreciated his ability to separate his own views and interests with that of my administration.

I have always known Ben's desire to serve in the national legislature, so I accepted his resignation.

I wish him every success."

The President requests any who wish to serve as Secretary of External Affairs to make contact by the weekend.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »

-cough- SJOYCEFLA GET IN HERE -cough-
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #245 on: May 02, 2012, 08:48:02 PM »

Thank you, Mr. President, for your kind words.  And for tolerating me in my capacity as SoEA; it won't be forgotten.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2012, 07:42:50 AM »

Seconded.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2012, 01:29:51 PM »

Mr. President,

The Access for Afghan Women Act of 2012 has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Senator NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2012, 04:48:48 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President has accepted the invitation of the National Council of Bishops to speak at their national gathering in Kansas City, Missouri on Monday 7 May.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2012, 07:29:19 PM »

TRANSCRIPT

Speech to the National Council of Bishops
Kansas City, Missouri

Ladies and gentlemen,

I want to thank you for extending this invitation to me to be here with you all today.

I think we should get the numerous and enormous pink elephants out of the room right up front.

There are obviously many areas in which we are in complete and total disagreement.

I supported full legal equality of same-sex couples, including the right of adoption. I support the use of stem-cell research and believe in the separation of Church and State.

The separation of Church and State is an issue that has been one often fraught with landmines for those who discuss it. For those of strong faith, it is an affront and an assault of your personal religious liberty, for those of no faith, it means that religious beliefs and views should be excluded from our political discourse.

I believe my position on this is clear, but I want to repeat it for you. I believe in State whose administration is free of the involvement of any specific religious interest or group. However, we must also be realistic. For many in our community, their faith is a core factor in what drives them and therefore it must not be discounted as invalid, simply because of the fact it’s faith-driven.

We have a number of clear protections in our system to ensure that policies and their implementation are not discriminatory.

I believe that faith is deeply personal, and in our country, your right to practice or not practice any religious belief is respected as long as you do not impinge on the rights of others. That includes respecting that just because you believe it’s right, does not give you the right to place demands on others who do not follow your own religious views.

I’m going to mention the evil ‘L’ word, liberal. Part of the reason I consider myself a liberal is that I believe that individual rights need to be respected as a paramount element of society. That doesn’t mean we don’t make laws for society as a whole, but those particular rights and liberties need to be acknowledged. I will always defend the rights of people of faith to exercise them, with the same fervor I will protect the rights of those who do not have any or a different faith to live their lives how they see fit.

I’m a liberal, because I believe in the right to choose.

I’m going to go even further here… I spoke to the National Women’s Leadership Congress last week and I discussed my view of the reproductive rights issues currently swirling around. I made clear that I am fundamentally pro-choice. However, many members of organisations such as this attacked me, suggesting that I am pro-abortion. There is a difference and it’s deeply offensive to suggest otherwise. Abortion is a terrible thing for all parties involved, and support, not guilt, should be there to give women options, I personally a support a graduated system of checks from beginning of the second trimester. One key element that angers me no end, is that no connection is made between those who are pro-life  and those who are opposed to comprehensive sex education.
To me, they are part of the same basket. There is real evidence that if you are given all of the information up front, including the use of condoms and other forms of birth control, the likelihood of unwanted pregnancies is much lower. This also is reflected in the rates of sexually transmitted infections.

Now, let’s work on what we generally agree on.

All religious texts instruct us that we must care  for those unable to care for themselves. That we should be devoting our time and resources to looking after each other and treating all, even our enemies with the respect and dignity we would hope to see from them.

I am about to hand down a Budget proposal to the Senate. I intend to bring down a deficit much faster than originally projected, with the opportunity to start paying down our debt from next year. We will do this, with small increases in some government charges and excises, we will do this from streamlining the way our military operates, we will cut back our military aid, but increase our humanitarian aid and we will cut back the operating costs of government. But I want to make this clear, there will be no cuts to social programs and I will not be cutting back the public sector workforce. I will defend those who administer vital programs for our country and am frankly sick and tired of seeing them attacked by people who know nothing of the work they do, or how hard they work. I will also ensure that those at the top know the need to reign in unnecessary spending. I will personally take a 20% cut in my operating and living allowances, and I will expect the same of all other elected and judicial officials.

We can deal with our economic problems, but we will not apply a machete when a scalpel works better.

Again, I want to thank you for inviting me here today. I’m sure many might not have liked what I had to say, but the opportunity meant a lot to me, so thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies