The White House - Polnut Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:24:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House - Polnut Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Author Topic: The White House - Polnut Administration  (Read 34949 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2011, 06:04:10 PM »

PRESS NOTE

The President will  be leaving tomorrow for a 4-state visit of the Mideast.

SCHEDULE

Tuesday 23 August

Cleveland, OH
Cincinnati, OH
Indianapolis, IN

Wednesday 24 August

Bloomington, IN
Chicago, IL

Thursday 25 August

Springfield, IL
Milwaukee, WI
Madison, WI
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2011, 06:08:31 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President and Vice President congratulate all of those elected or reelected to the Senate.

"There are a great many serious issues that face our nation, I look forward to a positive and effective working relationship with the Senate, with the aim of serving as the people who sent us to our respective offices expect"
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2011, 07:07:56 PM »

Will your tour bus be an Australian import by any chance? Tongue Wink
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2011, 08:25:50 AM »

Will your tour bus be an Australian import by any chance? Tongue Wink

No comment...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2011, 09:00:23 AM »

TRANSCRIPT

The President's remarks to airport press-conference, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport

Reporter: Mr President, is this visit the unofficial start of your re-election campaign?

President: *laughs* No, not at all. I have to decide whether I'm running again before conversations start about campaigns, official or unofficial.

Reporter: What are main issues you think the Mideast region is dealing with, that you could have an influence on?

President: Look, the entire nation is very slowly recovering from the fundamental economic shock from nearly 3 years ago. Considering how severe and deep those problems were and are, we are getting there. But unemployment is still far too high, too many people without jobs and too few businesses with the confidence to hire.

Reporter: Back in Nyman you are dealing with a sometimes hostile Senate, which is largely made of people from your own party, how does that make you feel?

President: What I feel is immaterial, I think both myself and all Senators know that what we do in our capacities, we do in those roles. The issues being debated are very important to people all over the country, so passion is expected and to be fair, a bit of a necessity. I don't think the Senate is actual hostile, no more than I am to them. It's a robust exchange of views and ideas and we need that in a democracy. But sometimes words are said that shouldn't be and passion overwhelms reason, but that's very human.

Reporter: Given what's going on in Libya right now, what are your hopes for your Troop Withdrawal plan being implemented over the more dare I say ambitious plan supported by Senators Napoleon and Snowguy?

President: I think what's going on in Libya is positive, but it's too early to claim any sort of victory, the rebel forces still need to do a lot of work before any sort of practical end game comes about.

In relation to the competing withdrawal plans, I think we do need to tone down the rhetoric and the temperature. I've said from the outset that our plans have the same end goal. We both want our troops extricated from the theatres. I do understand the position of those who want a more rapid withdrawal, but I want to know that they also understand where I'm coming from. The position my administration has come to, has been developed with the involvement of the highest levels of our military and diplomatic services. We can move out of Libya and Iraq the fastest, because our involvement is smaller and less crucial, but we need to realise that the Afghanistan theatre is the one that cannot be exited rapidly from without consequences. The situation on the ground is not stable enough. I truly hope some kind of compromise can be reached.

Reporter: If the current Bill passes the Senate, will you veto it?

President: I really hope I don't have to. I think some clear thinking and better understanding of each other's positions would cure a lot of the ills we're dealing with. But I've said that if I'm presented with a Bill that is militarily irresponsible or endangers the situation that so many have fought and died to achieve, then I will veto it. But, there are other options before a blanket veto. But in the end, I do respect the constitutional role for the Senate to declare war and reverse that declaration and to withdraw funding. I will not go beyond what are my constitutional powers but I will argue until I'm blue in the face for what is the better approach to our joint goal.

I think the first step is to calm down and work through our differences.

Guys, I've got to go, thanks.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2011, 11:52:37 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President intends to pursue a policy to increase the penalties for acts of cruelty against animals.

He looks to work with the Senate to bring these about.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2011, 02:48:26 PM »

Mr. President,

The Fifth Amendment to the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Sen. NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2011, 01:57:58 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2011, 02:13:23 AM by President Polnut »

PRESS RELEASE

The President is keeping abreast of the current status of Hurricane Irene.

He made some brief comments...

"I urge all Atlasians along the Eastern sea-board to take seriously the warnings and advice of your regional governments.

The Federal Government stands ready to assist the regional Governments in the aftermath of this storm.

One thing I will add is that very often in conditions like this, animals will be frightened and run away. So make sure that you have your animals in the safe place, or if you see an animal wandering around after the storm, if you can, bring them inside and take them to the closest shelter, as animal care agencies are putting on more resources"

The President will be remaining at the White House during the storm.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2011, 08:27:31 PM »

I hereby resign as SoIA.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2011, 08:42:32 AM »

TPP - You previously voted for Junkie, but now changed your vote in the runoff election for Pacific Governor.  There are rumors that you plan to make Junkie AG, or even SOIA.  Any truth to these?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2011, 07:55:57 PM »

TPP - You previously voted for Junkie, but now changed your vote in the runoff election for Pacific Governor.  There are rumors that you plan to make Junkie AG, or even SOIA.  Any truth to these?

All in good time... all in good time.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2011, 05:42:39 PM »

Mr. President,

The Atlasian Currency Act has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Sen. NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2011, 09:09:36 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2011, 09:14:16 PM by President Polnut »

PRESS RELEASE

The President will be making an announcement on his re-election plans sometime in the next few days.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2011, 12:51:32 AM »

PRESS NOTE

The President will be visiting areas hardest hit by Hurricane Irene on Thursday.

Tour schedule

Jacksonville, NC
Havelock, NC
Virginia Beach, VA
Cape May, NJ
Ocean City, NJ

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2011, 02:10:14 PM »

Mr. President,

The Canine Protection Act has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Sen. NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2011, 07:59:40 PM »

TRANSCRIPT

The President's address to the Nation

My fellow Atlasians,

There comes a time in every president’s first term when they must make the decision whether or not they will seek the endorsement of the people to continue their work.

As the October election draws closer I have spent considerable time asking myself many questions.

Recently, I have felt that my ability to bring about important policies has been ineffective.

I came in to this office in July to bring about pragmatic progressive change in Atlasia.

So far I have created the Presidential Game Reform Panel, the final report of which will contain concrete plans that will inform the reform agenda in this country for years to come; I have fulfilled my Inauguration promise to have a plan in place to get our troops out of Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan and doing so to make sure that we leave in the right way.

Very soon a Bill will put before the Senate to reduce the tax burden on small businesses to increase their confidence and get them hiring again. Through diligence, determination and some difficult choices we are getting our economy back on the path to prosperity.
I believe in practical and pragmatic solutions to problems.

I know that I have disappointed some on the left, because I did not do what they felt I should do, or in the way I did it. I have worked very hard to do what I felt was the right thing to do, sometimes that upsets people, I’m sorry for disappointing some, but I do not apologise for doing the right thing for the country.

I still have plans for the rest of this term, such as sterner punishments for those who abuse animals, a student-loan forgiveness scheme, among other policies.

However, due to pressures both internal and external, I have determined that I will not seek and will not accept the nomination of my party, nor any other, to serve another term as your president.

This decision has been taken carefully, while I believe I would win in October, the right of the Atlasian people to have an active and effective president outweighs the pride or ego of one person.

To my supporters from across the political spectrum, that support has meant so much to me, the faith you placed in me in record proportions has not been discounted in my decision.

I want to thank Vice President Bacon King and all current and former members of my Cabinet for their service and dedication to their country.

The Atlasian progressive movement must continue, we must hold true to our ideals, but equally we cannot be governed by them in the face of effective compromise. We cannot allow stubborn self-righteousness to taint this movement. We must be inclusive, we must be prepared to work with those with whom we disagree and we must remember that when we work with progressive ideals in mind, we are doing so because we believe in them and what they can do for all. 

When I leave office at the end of my term, I intend this to be the last elected office I will hold in Atlasia.

While this is a sad time in many ways, this is a great opportunity for people who really want to make a difference to the lives of the Atlasian people to stand up.

Thank you and may Dave bless.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2011, 03:36:05 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President will be visiting the Northeast next week.

The Schedule will be
Thursday 8 September - Philadelphia, PA - Trenton, NJ - Princeton, NJ
Friday 9 September - Boston, MA - Providence, RI
Saturday 10 September - Manchester, NH - Bangor, ME
Sunday 11 September - New York City, NY
Monday 12 September - Montpellier, VT - Hartford, CT - New Haven, CT
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2011, 09:37:34 PM »

LEGISLATIVE REQUEST

The President requests a Senator submit this piece of legislation.

Amending F.L. 36-13: Animal Protection Act

1. Amend section 5 to read If a person over the age of 18 commits animal abuse, said person shall serve a maximum 3 years in jail and/or 15,000 dollars fine.

2. Amend section 9 to read An organization, business or individual proprietor who violates Section 6 above may be fined up to $1,000,000 per violation and/or the revocation of their operating authority.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »

LEGISLATIVE REQUEST

The President requests a Senator submit this piece of legislation.

Rewarding Hard Work College Loan Forgiveness Scheme Bill

1. From 1 July 2012 any student enrolled in a publicly-funded University will be eligible to have their Federal Government-funded College loan debt reduced, depending on their academic performance at graduation.

1a. A student who receives a 4.0 GPA (or equivalent) will be eligible to have 75% of their College debt forgiven
1b. A student who received a GPA of between 3.5 and 3.99 (or equivalent)  will be eligible to have up to 50% of their College loan debt forgiven
1c. A student who receives a GPA of between 3.0 and 3.49 (or equivalent)  will be eligible to have up to 25% of their College debt forgiven.

2. The Scheme will operate alongside all other Government financial aid schemes in public universities. Debt forgiveness will be done by application at time of graduation, with University financial aid authorities making forgiveness determinations.

3. Any student who feels circumstances affected their ability to achieve a GPA which gave them access to debt forgiveness, or a higher level of debt reduction may apply for an appeal through regular internal University appeals processes, but any appeal must be lodged prior to graduation. Once a determination is made on the validity of the appeal, the student may apply for the original or adjusted debt reduction rate after graduation.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2011, 01:01:08 PM »

Mr. President,

The Natural Disaster Relief Act of 2011 has passed the Senate and is presented to your for executive action.

Sen. NC Yankee,
Senate Dean/Acting Presiding Officer
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2011, 11:03:50 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President has requested an emergency meeting with the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Atlasian Postal Service and the head of the Atlasian Postal Workers Union to discuss on-going issues.

It will take place on Wednesday evening at the White House.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2011, 06:20:23 PM »

Mr. President,

The Student Loan Protection Act has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Sen. NC Yankee,
Dean/Acting Preisiding Officer.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2011, 07:35:46 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President has formally changed his state of residence from Washington to Massachusetts.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2011, 07:54:10 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President has formally changed his state of residence from Washington to Massachusetts.

Carpetbagger.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2011, 08:32:17 AM »

Welcome Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length