The White House - Polnut Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:23:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House - Polnut Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14
Author Topic: The White House - Polnut Administration  (Read 34962 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2011, 07:41:31 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President will be visiting the Midwest later this week.

The schedule will be:
Wednesday 14 September: Sioux City, IA - Minneapolis, MN - Duluth, MN
Thursday 15 September: Pierre, SD - Bismark, ND - Lincoln, NE
Friday 16 September: Topeka, KS - Oklahoma City, OK - Billings, MT
Saturday 17 September:  Cheyenne, WY - Boulder, CO - Denver, CO
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2011, 09:56:17 PM »

TRANSCRIPT

The President's address at the World Trade Center Memorial

My fellow Atlasians,

10 years ago on a beautiful September morning, the security we had had always felt through all the Wars our nation had fought through, was suddenly gone in a horrific instant.

Young men, women and children who were innocently doing what we all do, were brutally targeted. Children lost parents, husbands and wives now without each other, friends gone. The unity of resolve to support those lost and to ensure that such things never happen again, was something that should never vanish.

Every year since the attacks that morning, my predecessors have spoken about our resolve and how we will beat those who sought to do so much damage to us.

But to a large extent, I believe everything on that matter that can be said, has been. We saw in the bombing of the St Louis Arch and the External Affairs Building that the threat that terror poses has not gone away.

However, I think now that a decade has passed, and we have fought in this cause all over the world, we need to ask some fundamental questions about how we can beat terrorism, not just the terrorists.

The view of many who believe that terrorism can be beaten like any other combative enemy is to me, the view from the cheap seats. It is, despite our loss of young life and the expense of money, the easy way out. The simplistic view that a is bad, b is good and b must defeat a.

We need to face some difficult truths that terrorism is a cancer in our world, and much of what we have done since 9/11 has been to treat the symptoms, not the cause. Perhaps, because asking those causal questions makes us uncomfortable… suggesting the role of Western policy to radicalise people in the Arab and wider-Muslim world was considered tantamount to blaming those killed for their deaths. It is not. Like any illness, you need to understand why and how it came about before you can begin to truly excise it. Understanding a justification in someone else’s mind, does not mean that you have to accept it.

Many leaders have trumpeted that we have made it harder to terrorists to function, that is a fact. The work done to disturb communications, money and intelligence has inhibited groups like Al Qaeda from acting in the way they have in the past. But that defeats the terrorists as people, like any other ideology, you cannot defeat it with bombs, guns or drone strikes. You defeat a toxic ideology with better ideas.

For the history of terror as a tactic, from medieval germ warfare, the Assassins during the Crusades, to the PLA, Black September and the IRA in our recent past, there are some common threads. Terror was used as a tactic with a cause, however repugnant. The wave of Jihadism we’ve seen is now clearly without a motive, except simply to disrupt our lives and cause chaos and fear. The other common thread is the terror in our modern time has never achieved the aim of that terrorism. The PLA did not become the PLO, nor did members of the IRA become members of the Northern Ireland Assembly through terror. Terrorism did not win then and it will not win now.

We can defeat terrorism, and do it in the memory of this innocent people who lost their lives 10 years ago, but also those who died in Bali, Madrid, Riyadh, Marrakesh and London… the battle against these fanatics is global and the cause must be global.

All of those who believe that all men, women and children deserve to live in peace with each other, without concern for race, religion or any other artifice of separation need to realize that the solution to terrorism is our universal humanity. Whatever we are or appear to be is merely a casing that contains what we truly are, human beings.

By uniting together and saying ‘no’ and by showing those most vulnerable to the lies of those evil people, are indeed that, then can we  move to truly defeating terrorism. And the best part is that we can do this without more bloodshed. There people who must pay for what they have done, and as president, commander-in-chief and proud Atlasian, I will not rest until they have. However, we must stop the lies and persecution. We have to stop looking at each other as ‘the other’ and be filled with fear and mistrust.

It is said, that September 11, 2001 was the day we lost our innocence. In simple sense, that is accurate. But every day since, opportunities have been lost to work together to defeat the foul ideology or terrorism, which threatens every country, city, community, family and individual that lives with respect and tolerance for our brothers and sisters and works together towards the common goals of human family.

This is a much harder and bigger task than many want to face, but I believe that those who were lost deserve such a living memorial.

Thank you all, may those who have died rest in eternal peace, and may those who remain be comforted in that thought. 
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2011, 06:03:53 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President has made a statement on the signing of the Bill to establish a timeline to bring troops home from Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

"I was very proud to have signed the 'End to Imperialism Act' this evening. This Administration began with a promise to bring our troops home. While it a took a lot work, sometimes involving some dramatic arguments, we all went into this discussion with the same goal, to bring our troops home and do so in a responsible and honourable way.

Now we have a process in place to do that.

I want to thank the Senate, especially those Senators I personally negotiated with, for their work and commitment"
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2011, 09:05:24 PM »

TRANSCRIPT

The President's remarks to the crowd at Bayfront Festival Park

Duluth, Minnesota

Thank you Duluth!

I’ve had a great day here in the Midwest meeting so many people and I look forward to meeting many more during this week.

Oh… and I haven’t got my cake yet.

I wanted to take this opportunity to talk with you about one of the biggest challenges we face as a nation.

Our economy is slowly starting to recover, however, we must be mindful of the dangers that lurk beyond our shores. The response to that is to be ready and get our domestic economy firing again.

This city has a proud industrial history, and now many of you are working in renewable technologies. In fact Duluth is one of the powerhouses of renewable technology production. But the problem we face is that they are not being sold here, they are being shipped off-shore to other countries who have embraced the renewable revolution. Atlasia sits on the edge of the precipice, we can step back and reside in our old world of coal and oil and hope they don’t run out and try to ignore the rampant environmental damage done…. Or we can take the leap into renewables.

The difference is that it is not a true precipice, but those who are financially supported by vested interests tell us it’s a massive drop with jagged rocks at the bottom. However, in reality, the precipice I speak of is a place to launch ourselves forward.

The Senate recently passed a Green Energy Program to provide low-interest loans to businesses, and grants to communities and Universities to develop and install the newest generation of renewable technology and keep them here in Atlasia.

Another element of our economy that we need to address is that we don’t build anything any more. I’m not just talking about our manufacturing sector, I’m talking about why we don’t invest in large nation building projects.

Some have accused me of being too conscious of the pennies, well, the pennies matter. But these projects are not just costs, they are investments in the future of manufacturing, investments in ensuring that valuable skills remain in Atlasia and support to make sure that products get from one side of the country to the other.

We have seen discussions about a large transport infrastructure projects. I believe our highways and bridges need constant high-quality maintenance but until we start taking the challenge of high-speed rail for both passenger and freight movements seriously, I will not entertain building more roads they encourage more cars and trucks onto the road, with all of their carbon emissions. High-speed rail is an answer we need to be considering seriously. We need to start with established high-traffic corridors and use them as points to expand.

And the technology to build the tracks and the trains is here in Atlasia, the people we need to maintain them and to serve on them are here in Atlasia.

At a time when the global economy is unsteady, we need to do all we can to stimulate our domestic economy. I have put forward corporate tax cuts in my tax plan, but tax cuts can only do so much. The idea that cutting taxes cures all is voodoo economics with no justification in history or economics, it’s part of the solution, but not the magic bullet.

We need to think big, we need to not be so afraid, our economy is timid, but it is not weak. We can get our economy roaring again, but we need to invest in our industries, invest in our people and invest in our future!

This is probably my last trip to Minnesota before I leave office, so I want to thank you for your support and you all have my best wishes for a bright, prosperous and happy future, and I will do all I
can until I leave office to help this come about.

Thank you all.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2011, 07:26:03 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

PRESIDENT POLNUT TO VISIT EUROPE

The President will be making a 5-day visit later this month to Europe.

The tour will take in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Belgium and Spain.

Schedule

Monday 26 September - London, UK
Tuesday 27 September - Edinburgh, UK - Paris, France
Wednesday 28 September - Paris, France - Cologne, Germany
Thursday 29 September - Berlin, Germany - Brussels, Belgium
Friday 30 September - Madrid, Spain
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2011, 08:10:34 PM »

Hello Mr. President,

It's been great having you in the Midwest today.  Cheesy  Here is your cake.  Wink  Sorry about the delay, but the baker had OCD and had to make the cake perfect.  

Enjoy!

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2011, 09:28:57 AM »
« Edited: September 17, 2011, 09:48:46 AM by President Polnut »

PRESS RELEASE

The President has returned home ahead of schedule due to a family emergency.

Any matters of an urgent nature should be directed to the Vice President.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2011, 09:36:21 PM »

I sincerely hope that whatever the emergency is has a positive resolution, Polnut. Take all the time you need. Family comes first.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2011, 12:15:25 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Due to a death in the family, the President will be on a leave of absence until Saturday 24 September.

According to Article 2 of the Constitution, the President has issued the following statement.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2011, 08:43:19 AM »

Really sorry to hear it. Peace be with you.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2011, 01:25:09 PM »

The transfer of power has been noted. Godspeed, Mr. President.

-Acting President Bacon King
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2011, 06:33:55 PM »

I am sorry to hear that. Sad
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2011, 09:38:36 PM »

Announcement: Acting President Bacon King will shortly be issuing a statement regarding the current secession crisis.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2011, 10:18:55 PM »

Announcement: Acting President Bacon King will shortly be issuing a statement regarding the current secession crisis.

Link to the speech

Executive Order

1. The Executive Branch shall not file charges of treason in the next 48 hours against any Atlasian who is currently attempting to secede from Atlasia.

2. The Executive Branch shall not file charges of treason against any Atlasian currently attempting secession who publicly reaffirms their Atlasian citizenship within the next 48 hours.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2011, 11:11:46 PM »

Mr. President\Mr. Acting President:

I represent no government of state or region. Frankly, whether the secessionists win or lose really doesn't make much of a difference to me.

But I see this as something new and exciting. For too long we've been stuck in a rut. That's why I support these individuals claims. They want something new to do. They want to be excited. Going through the motions far too long is what I've been saying since I came back. The people's juices need flowing and we've got to have something good to do. Whichever side wins... I want it to at least be exciting.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2011, 11:17:43 PM »

Official (Acting) Presidential Action

I hereby submit to the Senate the nomination of Dr. Cynic for the position of Secretary of Internal Affairs.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2011, 12:00:06 AM »

As it is now September 24th, I hereby return executive authority to President Polnut.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2011, 12:05:09 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut has re-assumed full executive authority, he thanks the Vice President for his work this past week. He also thanks Atlasians for the well wishes directed towards him and his family on the death of his grandmother.

He will asking for a full briefing on the issues in the Southeast.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2011, 12:42:33 AM »

I would understand if the President wishes to rescind the offer made to me by the VP for the office of SOIA, given how late it was made and the fact that I am not confirmed by the Senate.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2011, 01:50:23 PM »

I hope Doc won't dissapear this time, like when I were Acting President and I had to fire him for inactivity, nominating Andrew.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2011, 08:45:02 PM »

I support the nomination.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2011, 09:08:14 PM »

My condolences. 
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2011, 09:11:33 PM »

As do I.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2011, 05:21:13 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

Considering the current issues in the Southeast, President Polnut has postponed his European tour until mid-October.

The President had this to say today...

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2011, 08:19:48 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2011, 12:53:12 AM by President Polnut »

PRESS RELEASE

The President has just arrived at the White House after spending the day in the IDS.

He made this comment on walking off Marine One.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies