The White House - Polnut Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:03:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House - Polnut Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: The White House - Polnut Administration  (Read 34951 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: July 01, 2011, 09:03:22 AM »
« edited: May 31, 2012, 07:59:30 PM by President Polnut »

Welcome to the White House.

Executive Order

I hereby appoint former President Tmthforu94 to the Wiki Commission.

Jack Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 07:26:41 AM »

Can someone please sticky this ?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 10:47:46 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The Presidential Game Reform Panel

The President has finalised the current make-up of his reform panel with the appointment of Assemblyman Cincinnatus of the Northeast. He will join former Vice President Marokai and UDL Chairman belgiansocialst.

The terms of reference for the panel are as follows.

• The Game Reform Panel will meet in a manner and at a frequency of their choosing.
  • The Panel will be required to produce an interim Game Reform Options Report by 15 August

• The Panel will be required to present the final Game Reform Report by 15 September to allow the President and the Senate to consider its contents before the end of the current term.

• The Panel will be able to examine all governmental and governance functions of the Federal government, however, the repeal of the Game Reform Act passed under the last administration will not be considered.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 10:58:44 PM »

Excellent choices, I hope that the Commisssioners will be comfortable working with the Senate and offering input on some proposals I will be offering throughout the term. There's lots to be done and this is a good group.

I would expect the panel members to garner advice and information from sources outside of themselves.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »

The President

In light of Rowan Brandon's decision to withdraw himself from Senate consideration for the position of Game Moderator. Given the dedication and attention to detail that this position requires, I have made those my primary determining factors.

I therefore nominate former Vice President Marokai for the position of Game Moderator.

Marokai will retain his seat on the Presidential Game Reform Panel for the time-being.

President Polnut

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 07:44:09 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut will attend the Afghanistan International Security Assistance Force  summit to be held in Istanbul, Turkey on 8-9 July.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 06:26:05 AM »

TRANSCRIPT

The President's Remarks to the Atlasian Business Council Annual Dinner
The Nyman Hilton
Nyman, DC
Tuesday 5 July 2011

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for the invitation to be here with you today.

One comment that I got from a lot Atlasians as I travelled around the country during the campaign was  ‘why would you want to be president when the economy is so bad?’

Now, this isn’t exactly an unreasonable question. I know that I have certainly weighed up the considerable challenges we as a country face, but the Atlasian economy is in a precarious state, this is something we all know.

I outlined my economic platform during the campaign, but I want to expand a little on the basic tenets of my plan.

The first step is to reduce our expenditure – this, of course is basic common-sense. As in our own lives, when you’re in debt, the first thing a financial planner... or even your cab driver will tell you is that you need to find ways to reduce your spending, to find funds to put towards paying down your debt.  For a government, there are of course some different considerations.

I will ask all government departments to find economies, but I have placed clear conditions on those economies. Frontline services must be protected and we must not remove funds from effective stimulus programs. I will also ask the Department of Internal Affairs to examine all of our subsidy programs. If the subsidies do not provide any benefits for the people or if they serve no other purpose than to inflate bottom-lines, they will go.

I will also direct our Military to find savings, we will reduce our overseas military presence by 25% over the next two years. We will reduce our presence in Iraq and Afghanistan starting within this current term.

But this is only part of the formula. To use the household analogy again, when you have those debt issues, you also try to get additional sources of income.

We need to make a reappraisal of the efficacy of the current taxation systems. We need to take seriously the dereliction of the responsibility that our corporate sector has to the wider community that they also are part of. We must close the loopholes that allow a multi-billion profit making multi-national corporation to pay not a cent of tax... in fact, often the government pays massive tax refunds to these corportations.

Equally we cannot stifle economic innovation with punitive or non-competitive tax regimes.

On both of these fronts, balance and strategy are needed.

Unless things change, and people are willing to compromise, we face some very difficult choices. The services we enjoy are under a real threat.

As you will know, the Senate is considering a major reform of our Social Security system, now I should stress that I support the aims of this Bill. But I will be looking very very carefully at the economic details of this Bill. We are looking at making some aggressive cuts, so in that light we need to look at this from both the side of equity and effectiveness to ensure that this Bill does not risk our economic recovery or that this Bill’s funding cannot be maintained for the long-term to deliver the desired effects.

I want to thank the business community for their patience, but in a market economy it is a two-way street. I will close by saying this, if you need people and you can afford to bring them on, please do it. The economy cannot recover until the private sector has the confidence to expand.

Thank you all.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2011, 06:47:20 PM by President Polnut »

PRESS NOTE

The President will address the nation on Monday evening to discuss the Afghanistan, Iraq and Libyan conflicts.

White House Press Office
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 12:57:15 AM »

The President

I have appointed former Game Moderator Yelnoc to the Presidential Game Reform Panel.

President Polnut
- Air Force One
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 08:41:22 PM »

TRANSCRIPT

The President's Address to the Nation - Our Involvement in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya

My fellow Atlasians,

I have chosen to make my first address to you as President to discuss an issue which weighs heavily on this country,  and on me, as Commander-in-Chief, our military presence in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

My personal views on the Iraq conflict are well documented. I never supported the deployment to a conflict that I believed we had no legal justification to engage in. Saddam Hussein was a blood-thirsty dictator, on that there is no confusion. However, my view is that once our young men and women are deployed in harms way, we must do all we can to ensure their safety, as well as their exit from the conflict as soon as conditions allow.

Therefore, after consultations with Military advisors, the External Affairs Department and our allies, including the Iraqi Government, Atlasia will bring home 50% of our current military deployment by February 2012, with more than half of those troops home by Christmas. In relation to the remaining forces, their status will be determined later in the year, once we have undertaken further responsible analyses of the situation on the ground.

Yesterday I returned from a conference of leaders involved in the Afghanistan conflict in Istanbul. What is clear is that death of Osama Bin-Laden created room for a reappraisal of the need for current troop numbers in Afghanistan. I supported our deployment in response to the 9/11 attacks as the Taliban Government of Afghanistan had aided and sheltered those who had engaged in that atrocity.  However, the strategy after the Iraq War started went significantly off-track. We need to be realistic about the situation in Afghanistan, the possibility of a peaceful settlement is certainly there. But the situation remains incredibly delicate, and the consequences of a return of Taliban rule especially for women and minorities cannot be underestimated. On the other side of that, we must examine whether or not, after nearly a decade of fighting, how much more we can achieve through direct conflict.

Atlasia will commence drawing down its forces in Afghanistan at the end of the current fighting season. We will have more than a quarter of our combat forces home by February 2012 – with plans in train to have almost half home by June 2012.

The other conflict is that currently underway is Libya, at my Inauguration I supported those engaged in the Arab Spring. But what I said then, remains now as I warn against expectations that the progress in these countries, most that have never known genuine Democracy, will be smooth or swift. Our democracies have had centuries to make mistakes and learn lessons, while we must guard against abuses, we cannot be their minders. We are liaising with the rebel Libyan administration in Benghazi and will work to support them in their goal of liberating Libya from 40 years of oppressive rule.  Our military involvement in Libya will remain, but not as an offensive force, but one there to defend civilians and civilian infrastructure in Benghazi. We will also be expanding our aid to the rebel forces, and also assisting them through logistical and intelligence support.

If we want the Arab Spring to work, we must make sure that we are there to encourage them to create their own destinies, the changes must be genuine and in order to maintain its credibility we must not fight their wars for them.  

However, as Commander-in-Chief I will always listen to the advice of my Military and foreign policy advisors.

Thank you and good night.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 09:14:02 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2011, 09:41:54 PM by President Polnut »

PRESS NOTE

The President has agreed to address the National Small Business Forum in Dallas, Texas on Friday. He will speak on his soon-to-finalised taxation policy.

He will depart on Thursday evening to attend a fundraising dinner in Houston, before arriving in Dallas on Friday morning and will return to Nyman that night.

White House Press Office
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 09:18:49 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The President has conveyed his sympathies to President Karzai of Afghanistan after the assassination of his half-brother.

He condemns this act and reminds the Taliban that they cannot be included in peace negotiations, when they act in a way that does not show peaceful intent. He want to stress to the Taliban that there are deep consequences to their long-term interests when acting with such barbaric shortsightedness.

White House Press Secretary

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 09:30:06 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut wishes to condemn the terrorist attacks that took place in Mumbai.

"What has happened is an vile and cowardly atrocity against innocent civilians. These attacks have not, and will never work and only steel our resolve to defeat that most repugnant ideology. I send my deepest thoughts on behalf of all the Atlasian people to those who are suffering in Mumbai today".

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 06:49:36 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut will be visiting the newly recognised state of Oceania from July 21-23.

He will arrive in Hagåtña, Guam on July 21 and depart from Pago Pago, American Samoa on July 23 and return to Nyman on July 24.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 08:35:34 PM »

PRESS NOTE

The President's schedule has been changed to allow him to address the National Small Business Forum Dinner Tonight in Dallas, rather than the lunch tomorrow.

The fundraising dinner in Houston has been shifted to Friday night.

He will depart Dallas straight after dinner for Austin where he will spend most of tomorrow.

White House Press Office

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 08:59:14 PM »

TRANSCRIPT

The President's Address to the National Small Business Forum Dinner
Dallas Convention Centre
Dallas, Texas
Thursday 14 July 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to thank you for the invitation to be here with you today, also for allowing me to accept this invitation so late in your organisation for this forum. As you can understand being a new President, I have a lot of people who want to meet with me, and who I want to meet with. My schedule over the last few weeks has been hectic to say the least.

I want to speak to this gathering of Atlasia’s small business people about an issue that I know is of great concern for you and, indeed, for all Atlasians, our economy and how we can make it stronger and more vital. Our deficit is slowly receding, but we until we can direct funds to pay down our debt, the bill we owe will continue to grow, which means we must act now.

During the campaign I made clear that in order to address the Government’s debt and deficit issues, we need a two-pronged effort. We need to reduce our expenditure in the first instance. So far, I sent instructions out to our Government departments to find economies, but not economies that lead to more people looking for work. My administration is looking at all Federal Government subsidy programs. Subsidies are not handouts they have a purpose, and if they don’t serve that purpose they will be ended immediately.

On Monday night I announced the plan for our military to leave Iraq and Afghanistan over the next couple of years, and to re-focus the mission in Libya to a civilian defense force. These measures, while being based on military advice are also enabling future budgets to not have to deal with great economic weight of those deployments.

The second factor in my economic recovery plan is a serious re-examination of our taxation system. The first thing I want to announce here today is that I will be working to reduce the corporate tax rate on those businesses with annual incomes of less than $500,000. It is our small businesses who have suffered most during these difficult times, and we need to encourage you to get hiring, and put your businesses on the sound financial footing, the bedrock of our employment sector deserves. To put it simply, we need more small business jobs and I believe this is the way we can do it.

We will not increase corporate tax rates at the higher end, but we will cut the loopholes to ensure that the big end of town pays the full amount that they should, because in the end, businesses are part of the community too and should pay their fair share of tax.

Alongside that, we will re-organise personal income tax rates and brackets – there will be a detailed announcement shortly, but we will reduce the income tax rate for those who earn less than $35,000 per year – there will be small increases to higher-brackets, these are difficult times and they call for difficult actions. However, we will also expand the brackets to allow people to earn much more, before they need to pay a higher level of tax.

Now, I know that some on the other side politics believe that the panacea for economic problems is to cut government spending, while at the same time, cutting taxes. My plan cuts spending and my plan cuts taxes. But I believe that the tax cuts I am proposing, which are offset throughout the taxation system, are strategic and right for our economic conditions.

At a time when we still have $12 trillion in national debt, we cannot afford broad-scale tax cuts – we need to be smart and I believe focusing corporate tax cuts at small business is the smart thing to do and personal tax cuts at low-income workers is the fair thing to do.

With difficult times, come difficult choices, we do not have the luxury to do what we want to do, based on political or ideological allegiance – as President, I have a responsibility to every single man, woman and child in this country. Therefore I must advocate for what we have to do to. We either have to make some difficult choices now which will result in largely temporary pain for greater payoff down the track – or we face a future which will be very different from now. 

We need a strong small business sector and I believe these measures will help bring this about, but it cannot work without your help.

Thank you all and my best wishes for a successful forum. 
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 02:14:20 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut will be visiting  the People's Republic of China, Japan and South Korea next week, in advance of his visit to the newly recognised state of Oceania.

He will depart Nyman from Los Angeles on Sunday evening.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 09:05:05 PM »

PRESS NOTE

The White House will be releasing specific details of the President's Tax Reform Plan within 48 hours, including a chart showing the proposed changes.

White House Press Office

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 09:03:09 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut made a flying visit to Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan this evening. The President was on the ground for 4 hours and met with the Commanders of the Atlasian and other Coalition forces.

He is now en-route to Guam to commence his tour of the newly incorporated Atlasian state of  Oceania.

White House Press Office
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 06:05:25 PM »

Interesting you say that...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 06:19:41 PM »

Isn't that a definition of my office?

I'm not "impresionating" Polnut. If I were, I'd change display name and avatar.

I'm merely making fun of his pretentious, frequent updates.

Somebody owes me a coke... you really are too predictable Tongue
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 12:49:08 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut made a statement on arrival in Pago Pago, American Samoa.

"I was utterly horrified by the attacks in Oslo today, and I am pledging the support of the Atlasian Government in any way that might be needed to assist the Norwegian people".

Further comment will be forthcoming once more details are known.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 07:43:01 AM »

The Tax Reform Plan details will be released on Wednesday morning - the details have required some additional modelling before final details were made public.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 07:37:11 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut will be visiting Oklahoma and Texas tomorrow to see first-hand the impacts of the severe drought that has hit those two states hardest.

The President will stop in:
- Oklahoma City, OK;
- Woodward, OK;
- Amarillo, TX;
- Plainview, TX; and
- Lubbock, TX.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 06:32:34 PM »

ps... forgive formatting.

PRESS RELEASE

The President's Tax Policy

Please note that further economic modeling has meant some change

Corporate Taxation
At a time when unemployment is a huge weight on our ability to rejuvenate our economy, we need to make sure that business, and especially small businesses are able to direct more funds towards bringing on more people and ending the cycle of low business confidence.

The current system

Corporate Taxes:
Percentage of:   Taxable Income
15%             $0 - $50,000
25%            $50,000 - $75,000
34%            $75,000 - $100,000
39%                   $100,000 - $335,000
34%              $335,000 - $10,000,000
35%            $10,000,000 - $15,000,000
38%            $15,000,000 - $18,333,333
35%            $18,333,333+

The new proposal

Corporate Taxes:   

Percentage of:   Taxable Income
12%                  $0 - $50,000
23%                  $50,000 - $75,000
30%                  $75,000 - $100,000
31%                  $100,000 - $335,000
33%                  $335,000 - $10,000,000
34%                  $10,000,000 - $15,000,000
35%            $15,000,000 +
There is understanding that many will not be pleased by any reduction in corporate taxation, but I ask that two considerations are undertaken.  The first is that we need jobs to be created in the private sector, we can only do so much from Government. The second is that these cuts will not be instituted until the Senate has passed a Bill closing corporate tax loopholes – so the practical Budgetary impacts will be minimal in relation to physical government revenue.

Personal income tax

Percentage of:     Single Individual
0%                    $0 - $8,025
14%                   $8,026 - $32,550
25%            $32,551 - $78,850
28%                   $78,851 - $164,550
35%                   $164,551 - $367,700
41%             $367,701 - $1,000,000
50%                   $1,000,001 - $2,500,000
60%             $2,500,001+
Proposed changes

Percentage of:   Single Individual
0%           $0 - $9,500
13%     $9,501 - $35,000
24%           $35,001 - $80,000
28%    $80,001 - $170,000
35%    $170,001 - $367,700
41%      $367,701 - $1,000,000
50%*   $1,000,001 - $2,500,000
60%*   $2,500,001+

*I am anticipating reducing those top two brackets to 49% and 58% respectively, but not until the economic situation has stablilised.

These rates and brackets will be carried across to apply equally to couples who file their taxes jointly - however, they do not apply to those couples who file separately.

I have decided to not raise taxation on those two upper-levels. Further modeling has determined that this would have a negligible impact on the Budget.

The short-term impacts of these changes may mean that the deficit may be increased ever-so-slightly, but the medium-long-term impacts are to provide incentives for business to get hiring again- and that can only have a positive effect on our economy and the country’s prosperity going forward.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies