Amendment Tracker and Analysis Extravanganza (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:03:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Amendment Tracker and Analysis Extravanganza (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amendment Tracker and Analysis Extravanganza  (Read 11550 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: July 08, 2011, 07:40:38 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=68.0

Turnout was cut in half for one. Lack of an aggressive push, maybe?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 08:28:52 AM »

I think the biggest problem is the lack of promotion and advocacy for these amendments. Remember how devisive the Ludlow Amendment was? If such intense debate had occured I am confident Fair Amending Procedure would have passed once again.

You know, you could try suing and seeing if you can get the Supreme Court to rule that it had passed once it was ratified the last time. At the very least it could provide clarification whether the Governors can pre-ratify an amendment (provided the text is exactly the same) since they have such flexibity regarding ratification after senate passage (as late as years afterwards even, or not at all).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 08:46:45 AM »

You know, you could try suing and seeing if you can get the Supreme Court to rule that it had passed once it was ratified the last time. At the very least it could provide clarification whether the Governors can pre-ratify an amendment (provided the text is exactly the same) since they have such flexibity regarding ratification after senate passage (as late as years afterwards even, or not at all).

I would lose anyways. But I can't believe I literally PMed people who supported it about supporting it again and that those people voted nay. It was Yelnoc, TB75, and many others... Also look at Duke, who was one of those who pushed forward the final compromise !

Yea, but I still think the public campaign has an important impact on interest and then turnout.

I certainly have not been privy to any efforts regarding any of these amendments. I haven't had the time, so don't look at me. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies