Amendment Tracker and Analysis Extravanganza (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:51:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Amendment Tracker and Analysis Extravanganza (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amendment Tracker and Analysis Extravanganza  (Read 11549 times)
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« on: September 05, 2011, 10:44:11 PM »

Pacific did.  Bgwah wrote it.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 11:58:35 AM »

I wrote the amendment, but bgwah proposed a change to it that I accepted as friendly.
But yes, it actually passed all regions unanimously.

No I meant that he wrote the Pacific statute that allowed for an election in the event of a vacancy and that it passed.  There are some triggers as to time before the next election that determine if it is an election or appointment, but we have already passed a statute in light of the amendment.  Sorry, I should have been more clear.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 08:34:11 PM »

Senate Vacancy Bill
1) Should there be a vacancy for any federal Senate seat delegated to the Pacific Region, there shall be a special election held the following weekend during standard election hours. There must be a minimum of 72 hours to allow candidate declarations, and the election shall be moved back one week if necessary.
2) If there are less than six weeks of the term left at the time of vacancy, then the Governor shall appoint a replacement for the remainder of the term.

x bgwah
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 06:25:17 PM »

Anyone else thinking the Senate is trying too hard to please everybody with these amendments and ends up pleasing very few?
I don't know if they're trying to please everybody or just the maximum number of Senators.
Most of the time there's no attempt to get public opinion or input before an amendment is passed to the regions. 

True, as that is how you get something passed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies