Atlasia v. Dallasfan65 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:27:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia v. Dallasfan65 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasia v. Dallasfan65  (Read 3616 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: July 10, 2011, 08:44:51 AM »

I'll be presiding over this trial, and I'd just like to concur with Junkie's wariness about convicting based solely on the personal confession of the defendant. I think appointing counsel is the most appropriate way forward, sorry Dallas!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 08:38:18 PM »

For the counsel to talk to his client and prepare his defense I think another 48 hours should be sufficient. So that's until around 9PM EST on Saturday. If more time's required let me know, but I think this case should hopefully be fairly straightforward.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 10:33:29 AM »

Thank you to both the defense and the prosecution. A decision will be posted shortly.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 11:48:47 AM »

Alright, I'll now sentence the defendant.

The defendant, Dallasfan65, has pled guilty to the charge of violating the Campaigning For The Invalidation Of Votes Act, specifically by sending messages to voters in a Senate election requesting they invalidate their ballots, while serving as Vice-President.

Dallasfan has been fully co-operative during this trial, shown remorse for his actions, and has no prior criminal record. His request of the maximum possible sentence is not granted.

That said, I, along with my colleagues on the Court, believe the prosecution's request of the minimum possible sentence to be too lenient. We think a strong deterrent for the kind of crime committed is necessary, while not verging into draconian territory. Thus, the Court opts for a moderate sentence of reasonable duration, two months, and one that we hope will prevent violations of the Act in the future.

Accordingly, the Court hereby sentences the defendant to a sixty-day ban on holding office, and a sixty-day ban on voting in any Atlasian election. These bans will be imposed concurrently, both beginning at 1PM EST today, July 16th, 2011, and expiring at 1PM EST September 14th, 2011.

Thank you to the defendant, prosecution and defendant's counsel for helping this case conclude smoothly.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 02:20:01 PM »

Question for Oakvale for clarification.

The 60 day ban on Dallasfan from holding office, is this federal office only, or for regional office as well?

Before the sentence was rendered, Dallasfan became Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast Region, so if this sentence bans Dallasfan from holding regional office as well, we will have to find another Lieutenant Governor.

Please clarify.

I'm afraid it also covers regional offices. To directly quote from the violated Act, the office-holding ban specifically states-

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, unfortunately, the Northeast will indeed need a new Lieutenant Governor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies