Atlasia v. Dallasfan65 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:51:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia v. Dallasfan65 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasia v. Dallasfan65  (Read 3624 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: July 07, 2011, 03:51:10 PM »

Mr. Chief Justice, Justices,

Dallasfan65 is being charged for violating the Campaigning for Invalidation of Votes Act

Kalwejt
Attorney General
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 01:43:43 PM »

The prosecution team is working on brief.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 05:32:50 PM »

For its own sake, the Court should appoint counsel to act independently on Dallasfan's behalf - on appeal it is very easy to argue that the defendant was not of sound mind if he starts requesting the maximum sentence. In fact his entire guilty plea could be void.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dallas can (and I'm not urging him to do anything) not accept court-appointed counsel?

Just asking.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 07:42:28 AM »

Your Honor,

The prosecution is intending to prove that Mr. Dallasfan65, the defendant, is guilty of violating the Campaigning for Invalidation of Votes Act.

During the most recent federal elections (more specifically Northeast Senate race), the defendant sent PMs to the voters, asking them to invalidate their already casted votes.

The prosecution can back up those claim with an repeated admission of guilt the defendant has made and, if this would be necessary, with calling witnesses to the stand.

Thank you.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 09:10:08 AM »

I just wanted to state that the defendant is entitled to a legal defense, as well as a proper trail by the jury of his peers. How is he going to handle his defense, it's entirely his call and the prosecution respects every decision he'll make.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 08:55:16 PM »

As I stated, and I want to clarify this, the prosecution can call upon the witnesses: a two people the defendant PMed with invalidation pleas: Cincinatus and NiK.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 01:28:11 PM »

I'll be presiding over this trial, and I'd just like to concur with Junkie's wariness about convicting based solely on the personal confession of the defendant. I think appointing counsel is the most appropriate way forward, sorry Dallas!

I agree that would be best for the case.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 04:03:19 PM »

Is the Justice alive?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 07:33:28 AM »

Your Honor,

Dallasfan65 is certainly guilty. He admitted this at the very beginning but the prosecution still have a strong evidences to back up this claim in needed.

However, I'd like to take a moment to address one thing. The prosecution doesn't believe Dallasfan65 deserved a "maximum punishment", as he requested.

We believe the court should take into an account several factors, like Dallasfan65 clean criminal record, long and distinguished public career, voluntary admission and full cooperation. Last, but not least, his crime didn't have much effect.

That's why we believe Dallasfan65 earned a right to be treated leniently when it comes to sentencing and we request the court to impose a minimum sentence.

The prosecution rest.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 12:11:54 PM »

Thank you, Your Honor.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 03:50:10 PM »

Looks like Northeast Lt. Governor is a cursed seat.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 08:45:31 PM »

There was no possibility to proceed with the "regular" case, because Dallas first admitted and then pleaded guilty, before either prosecution had an opportunity to present evidences and defense to make their arguments.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 09:05:29 PM »

Dallasfan accepts his responsibility and gets sentenced.  Fine.

But did anyone even bother to investigate the behavior of Tmth, whose actions are, at the very least, suspect?

What kind of justice is this anyway?

He was charged as well, but due to Jake Matthews' banning, prosecution had nothing to proceed with.

Blame the moderators.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies