Livestrong Bracelets
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:58:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Livestrong Bracelets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Do you Have a yellow Livestrong bracelet?
Yes- I wear it often

Yes- I don't wear it

No- But if I got it I would wear it

No- Don't want

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Livestrong Bracelets  (Read 3275 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 12, 2004, 12:03:24 PM »

Option 1
Julien
Squidward
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 12:12:27 PM »

I hate Lance Armstrong.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 12:16:08 PM »

Because an American is winning Tour de France all the time? Is that why? Go cry me a river...

I answered No and I don't want one either. They have lost their meaning and it's now simply becoming a fashion.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 12:17:13 PM »

Because an American is winning Tour de France all the time? Is that why? Go cry me a river...
Nobody likes a winner, in cycling. It's just not done in polite company. Indurain was never popular either.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 12:40:29 PM »

Nobody likes a winner

Alright...I understand. I usually cheer for the underdog. I can't stand the Yankees in baseball because it seems like they always win (well not recently but in the past they just kept winning and winning...). I jumped to the conclusion that Julien didn't like him because he was an American because it's my guess that there are a good amount of Europeans that feel that way now.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 12:54:15 PM »

whats a livestrong bracelet?
badnarikin04

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 01:11:33 PM »

A Frenchman!!!!

Hates Lance Armstrong!!!

GASP!!!

Lemme guess...you think he's a doper too.

C'est un doper!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 01:11:48 PM »

A yellow bracelet that Lance Armstrong came out with.

Phil's right about it becoming a fad.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 01:15:58 PM »

Option 4. EVERYONE around here is wearing those stupid things. Its popular now with all the hip hop dummmies. They where 'live strong' bracelets and precede to play gangbanging music. LoL
qwerty
ghwbush
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 01:29:20 PM »

They are the same color as do not resusitate bands, so you had better hope you don't go to the hospital wearing one!
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 01:35:41 PM »

I don't have one and I won't wear one.

Mr. Armstrong has shown that he is a very selfish and cold person by leaving his wife to date Sheryl Crowe. It's dispicable and it makes my blood boil when ever I hear anything abour Armstrong.

MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2004, 02:55:50 PM »

I answered No and I don't want one either. They have lost their meaning and it's now simply becoming a fashion.

I agree with Keystone, on both counts.

Also, we had a big controversy at our school because a group was selling "Partystrong" t-shirts; people felt they were making light of cancer. I never did find out what happened with that...
Julien
Squidward
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2004, 03:00:53 PM »

I don't dislike LA because he is an American. If I disliked Americans I wouldn't be on this site.

He is most likely on steroids, and PBrunsel is correct. His wife stood by him through cancer only to be gotten rid of as soon as Armstrong became rich and famous. He is, overall, a pretty bad guy.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2004, 03:04:56 PM »

I don't dislike LA because he is an American. If I disliked Americans I wouldn't be on this site.

He is most likely on steroids, and PBrunsel is correct. His wife stood by him through cancer only to be gotten rid of as soon as Armstrong became rich and famous. He is, overall, a pretty bad guy.

I don't agree with him leaving his wife and all, but how can you say he is on steroids? He's passed every test.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2004, 03:12:24 PM »

I don't agree with him leaving his wife and all, but how can you say he is on steroids? He's passed every test.

Guilty until proven innocent over there. The man has NEVER failed a drug test, yet because he is better than Ullrich, Beloki, and the other top riders, he uses steroids. Admit it, an American has defeated the best Europe can offer for the past six years, get over it.
Julien
Squidward
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2004, 03:20:09 PM »

A television station here did a report on him. They followed his assisstants car from Armstrong's hotel. The assisstant traveled for over an hour until she came to a road-side garbage can. She dumped a black garbage bag in the trash can, then went back to Armstrong's hotel. The reporters looked in the bag, and found syringes.

I happen to like Greg Lemond, the American who won the Tour de France twice, very much. He is still a hero here.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2004, 03:30:06 PM »

What the hell's a livestrong bracelet?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2004, 03:42:38 PM »

http://www.wearyellow.com/
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2004, 04:11:21 PM »

Found one on my doorstep the other day so I have one but I won't be wearing it.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2004, 06:15:49 PM »

I don't neccessarily like Lance Armstrong (I do respect him), but the bracelets are neat, and my dollar partly went to cancer research.

The reason they are doing so well is Nike didn't put their logo on them even though they made them- in a Chinese sweatshop.
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2004, 08:41:03 PM »

NO and I don't intend to get one. I'd rather donate money the old-fashioned way than participate in some stupid fashion trend. The hype over it was highest in October, and now most people where I live don't wear them anymore.

My friend actually got a Bush-Cheney Livestrong-style (blue-colored) bracelet off E-bay, but I wasn't spending $14 on something that shipped on November 1.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2004, 08:45:55 PM »

Unfortunately, they look a ton like DNR bracelets at some hospitals.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2004, 08:47:43 PM »

My friend actually got a Bush-Cheney Livestrong-style (blue-colored) bracelet off E-bay, but I wasn't spending $14 on something that shipped on November 1.

I saw those. They were selling for $10 at my polling place, they had Kerry and Bush. I wasn't paying $10 for that.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004, 02:35:50 AM »

Guilty until proven innocent over there. The man has NEVER failed a drug test, yet because he is better than Ullrich, Beloki, and the other top riders, he uses steroids. Admit it, an American has defeated the best Europe can offer for the past six years, get over it.
But then Ullrich, Virenque etc are dopers too. Quite frankly nobody cares too much.
"Guilty until proven innocent" is just a question of how you define "innocent".
Recovering from cancer meant that for several years Armstrong (and other athletes before and after him, in other fields as well) could legally use some drugs illegal to others, and could not be properly tested for some other illegal drugs.
His team refused to remove a proven guilty doper from the squad for the last Tour.
He continues to be associated with a doctor that everybody knows is a big doping advocate.

Many major cyclists, Ullrich for example, have a doctor's certificate that they are asthmatics, and may therefore use certain drugs illegal to others. Nobody I've spoken to believes that any of these guys are really asthmatics.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2004, 09:59:54 AM »

I suggest that you guys look to where most of the money for those things goes.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies