The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:32:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 89
Author Topic: The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy  (Read 389405 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: September 11, 2011, 06:20:10 PM »

I think that honoring those lost and remembering what happened that day is fitting because it is the 10th anniversary of September 11, 2001. Now, if this video was released on a random day as just something exploiting 9/11, then it would be offensive.

Remember, this same discussion came up over seven years ago when Bush's re-election campaign released the first ad with a small reference to 9/11, which was clearly George Bush's finest moment as a leader and likely what history will mostly judge him on. Instantly, he was attacked and said to be "exploiting 9/11 for political gain". I'd disagree. I'd also disagree if someone said that if the President uses the death of Bin Laden in an ad for his seemingly unlikely re-election. It's an achievement and it should be able to be used.

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #451 on: September 11, 2011, 10:50:03 PM »

Am I missing something?  Are discussions about religious attitudes to homosexuality not welcome in Religion & Philosophy any more?

Of course not, f****t.

EDIT:  Maybe this should be in the Sulfur Mine instead.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #452 on: September 12, 2011, 12:54:59 AM »

We are a free people even if that means that we get to choose to be less educated in favor of being wealthier or smoking ourselves to death.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the deluge.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #453 on: September 12, 2011, 07:38:32 AM »

In which CJK eviscerates Obama's 9/11 memorial speech with dazzling wit and skill.

From Obama’s 9/11 speech
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Actually, it all happened in broad daylight.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
If they were so mighty, why did they crumble?

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #454 on: September 12, 2011, 03:09:20 PM »

#Blubbing

The selection of states is interesting. All states Obama won in 2008, but not NC or ID (could they be seen as lost causes) and not PA, MI, IA, WI (considered more safe)

Not sure about NC, but I know Idaho is a lost cause.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #455 on: September 12, 2011, 04:07:20 PM »

Seduction is more suitable for personal messaging. It may not be in the TOS but consider it an unwritten rule of forumgoers.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #456 on: September 12, 2011, 04:12:06 PM »

Oakvale is first person from Ireland I've "met" who likes good music (referring to display name).
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #457 on: September 12, 2011, 04:42:58 PM »

Some have claimed that my unique perspective on things from politics to pop culture make me "America."
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #458 on: September 12, 2011, 04:46:16 PM »

Oakvale is first person from Ireland I've "met" who likes good music (referring to display name).

Oakcale seems more similar to a real life person than most other posters.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #459 on: September 12, 2011, 05:17:21 PM »

Typical Atlas poster:

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #460 on: September 12, 2011, 05:30:26 PM »

Typical Atlas poster:

WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT PHOTO???
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #461 on: September 12, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »

Hey, is there a heavy Orthodox Jew community in this district? Also, has Gay Marriage resonated as an issue in this Special?

there is are 3 Orthodox communities (Belle Harbor, Bayswater, and most importantly Far Rockway) in this district  (in addition part of this district overlaps with the 9th (though most of the Orthodox areas are out of the 9th))
yes Jane Deacy has accused Phillip Goldfeder an Orthodox Jew (who is against gay marriage but not vocal about it) of not championing to get rid of it in a hope to connect him with Weprin.

There also is another special election for an assembly race in the 9th Congressional district where the democrat is also an Orthodox Jew (who seems to be against gay marriage but since there is no real race it's hard to tell 100%) and the Republican is a place holder because the Republicans are to stupid and corrupt (there is a lot of infighting in the Queens Republican party and in order to get support in the chairmanship race they put up a person who has no chance of winning) to put up a real candidate. (though the good thing about this race is that when both Republicans and Orthodox jews in this very Orthodox district go to the polls they are most likely going to vote for Turner)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #462 on: September 12, 2011, 07:22:20 PM »

Some have claimed that my unique perspective on things from politics to pop culture make me "America". Or that I epitomize many simple minded folks throughout the country who may vote either way in a Presidential election.

To have an honest discussion, I have some advice for President Obama. Clearly, the odds are stacked against him. If this were an incumbent Republican President, I know people like myself and Keystone Phil and Inks would be saying in conversations almost jokingly, "You know we have no shot, right?" to which an agreeing chuckle would follow. This was much the case throughout 2007 and 2008 when despite the ups and downs we all knew it was over. Indeed, on election night when Ohio was called for Obama, I remember being on the phone with Keystone Phil to which he laughed and said, "Ohio was called ALREADY!?!" and laughed. It was an acknowledgment of defeat that we knew was coming. Indeed, the Obama/Biden ticket is in much the same situation and I think insiders know it.

A few tips.

#1. Acknowledge the bad economy

When Obama tries to say things are tough but getting better, people don't believe him. Honestly, every few months things seem worse. Someone you know can't afford to buy a house, someone you know complains about high gas prices, tax season comes and knocks someone out. Every time they hear Barack Obama say things are "getting better" they get irritated. It's like someone having a broken leg with the bone sticking out and you saying, "It's okay, no big deal". Their response would be, "IT IS A BIG DEAL MY BONE IS STICKING OUT OF LEG YOU IDIOT!!!" I know it's a silly analogy, but it's true.

The only time Carter had a real shot of defeating Governor Reagan in 1980 was when he made acknowledgments of the bad situation and tried to offer new solutions. If Obama says things are getting better, or that we need to spend more money, it's done. Toast. Adios. Buona sera.

#2. Don't attack business

When the economy is down and businesses are prevailing, many people become interested in what is making those businesses tick. Don't attack Romney for saying, "Corporations are people". If you do that, you might garner a few thousand voters you probably already had in New York and Connecticut, but people in hard-hit Michigan or Pennsylvania and Ohio will be offended. "My father worked for a corporation. When Obama attacks them he is attacking my dad." I can see the ads against Obama now. I know liberals hate it, but it's true...corporations are composed of workers, people. If you attack corporations, you're attacking people and you will lose, potentially badly in states such as Michigan and Pennsylvania. Don't attack lower-paying jobs in Texas when many people in America can't get a job at all. You're attacking the little man, which is the only thing defending has allowed the Democratic Party to win three elections in the last 30 years.

#3. Don't misjudge the tea party

I do not consider myself a tea party conservative, but if I were running against a candidate who had the tea party backing, I'd be terrified. The turnout of these voters will be immense next year, and I can imagine a family in Iowa or Colorado or North Carolina registering their 18 year old sons and daughters and coming out in droves, carpools, and unprecedented turnout. Underestimate at your own risk.

That's my two cents.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #463 on: September 13, 2011, 04:05:12 AM »

Wild unicorns ran through the woods, farting diamonds and childrens' toys whenever candy rained from the skies. Massive street orgies were held on alternating Tuesdays, of course ending with everyone joining their hands in a circle while rolling a chocolate-scented blunt with their toes. Lollipop trees and gumdrop fruits were in every garden, and on a good day a hunter could catch a dozen gummy bears with Swedish Fish bait. The White House was made of white chocolate, only replaced by concrete and marble for protection.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #464 on: September 13, 2011, 06:31:55 AM »

Hi there, Speaking of death prediction, I find it really odd that one of the on-line death prediction services showed me the same death date that I was foretold in my dream about a year ago. www yourdeathdate.info/1/index.html - I can’t explain this coincidence in any other way except that there must be some kind of magic involved here.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #465 on: September 13, 2011, 11:00:05 AM »

We get this one in here yet?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=140737.0
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #466 on: September 13, 2011, 11:12:37 AM »

Vander Blubb is a national treasure.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #467 on: September 13, 2011, 07:43:10 PM »

Guess who.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #468 on: September 14, 2011, 04:37:20 AM »

Can you be 100-0 if you like stereotypically gay things? Like say you like some musicals or opera.

I think so, considering you can like musicals and opera without being sexually attracted to other men. It's rare, but it does happen.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #469 on: September 14, 2011, 08:57:30 AM »

The hilarious part of this post is obvious...

I'm sitting here at 1am just outta work with some Taco Bell®  and am very pleased to see America continue a slow but sure push in a conservative direction.

I look forward to crying faces in Grant Park next fall, only this time, during a concession speech.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #470 on: September 14, 2011, 03:05:49 PM »

Why do you all refer to George W Bush as "dubya?"
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #471 on: September 14, 2011, 03:11:37 PM »

You're mean, Mr. Kemp.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #472 on: September 14, 2011, 03:15:07 PM »

Blubber strikes again!

I've just heard on good authority that Santorum is planning on dropping out of the race within the next week or two.

Why am I excited about this?  Well, turns out he might be getting ready to jump into the Senate race.  Smiley  Yes, it'd be great to see Santorum in the White House ... but the next best thing would be to watch Casey go down in flames.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #473 on: September 14, 2011, 03:37:12 PM »

The hilarious part of this post is obvious...

I'm sitting here at 1am just outta work with some Taco Bell®  and am very pleased to see America continue a slow but sure push in a conservative direction.

I look forward to crying faces in Grant Park next fall, only this time, during a concession speech.

The fact that Naso feels the need to observe trademarks in casual internet posts?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #474 on: September 14, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 89  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies