Second Convention of the OAII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:49:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Second Convention of the OAII (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Second Convention of the OAII  (Read 4850 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 12, 2011, 09:20:31 PM »
« edited: December 06, 2011, 05:09:23 PM by Yelnoc »

I hereby announce the creation of OAII, an organization open to all members of the IDS.  The goal of the OAII is to promote southern interests on all levels of government and to provide a body for all southerners to discuss and come to a consensus on issues they find important.

If you want to join, just say so and I'll add you to the members list.  Once we have a number of participants, we can begin drafting an agenda.

Members List
Yelnoc
Jbrase
ChairmanSanchez
tb75
MilesC56
PiT
Duke
Bacon King
Taft4Prez

OAII By-Laws
You must be logged in to read this quote.

OAII Agenda
"The OAII will strive to breathe new life into the IDS and Atlasia as a whole by inviting southerners from the Atlas to join the game, regardless of their political orientation."
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 10:08:36 PM »

Just a suggestion, but how about we design a logo that incorporates the coat of arms of the Imperial House of Jbrase. The first Emperor, the current Emperor, and our Regional/Emperial Senator all both part of the IHJ after all. Grin

Nice.  That ought to go on the wiki.

I suggest we begin creating our agenda with a simple statement:

"The OAII will strive to breathe new life into the IDS and Atlasia as a whole by inviting southerners from the Atlas to join the game, regardless of their political orientation."

If someone will second that, it can go to a vote.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 01:11:21 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2011, 06:54:44 PM by Yelnoc »

Thank you JBrase.  The following statement is up to vote (to be included in the OAII's Agenda):

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 06:53:50 PM »

This was a bit ad-hoc; we probably should have nominated someone for chair first, then drafted, rules, then started working on the agenda.  Since I set it up, I'll go ahead and declare myself imperial overlord until the vote on the agenda items is completed.  Then, the floor will open for Chairmanship nominations and rules submissions.

As such, the voting on this piece will last for roughly the next hour.  By the end of that period, if a majority of all votes cast are in the affirmative, the item will be officially added to the agenda.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 09:03:18 PM »

Aye.

The measure passes unanimously.  Now for the chairman's position.  If you want to be it, just say so and get someone to second you.  FWI, I would like to keep my spot as the OAII is still in its infancy.  Supporters will receive a personally delivered plate of evil cookies!

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 06:02:32 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2011, 07:15:30 PM by Darth Yelnoc »

Thankee.  I suppose our next order of business shall be drafting rules.  Below is a quick suggestion, things I think ought to be codified to prevent spats (not that I think any of you nice people would ever argue Grin).

I didn't think the organization's goals, mission, etc. should be included in the by-laws, as it could conceivably change (though I'm no legal expert so feel free to contradict me).  Does anyone have any comments or suggestions for the rules?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 07:15:58 PM »

Both suggestions have been incorporated!

And welcome, Taft!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 11:18:32 AM »

The OAII By-Laws are up to a vote.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 11:17:51 PM »

Aye.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 07:05:28 PM »

And the By-Laws are official!

I'll get out of the way in a bit, but first I want to point out the following bill passed recently by the IDS legislature.

As you can see, this brainchild of Jbrase mandates the IDS legislature to write a report after holding a vote on the approval a federal nominee.  My suggestion is that each report be reposted in the OAII thread for review by Imperial citizens.  Thoughts?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 04:25:08 PM »

Any other opinions or are we ready to adopt it? 
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 06:16:52 PM »

If that's all the input that we'll see, I'm going to put the following motion up for adoption to the agenda. 

"In concordance with our mission to act as a organization for southern discourse, the OAII will re-publish the votes and memoranda relating to Federal office nominations drafted by the Imperial Legislature in concordance with the "Our Opinions Matter dag Nabbit! Act."
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 08:16:47 PM »

I can think of a reason to bump this now....
You mean Napoleon's land bill?  A blatant power grab by the Federal Government?

Now, I don't oppose the intent of the bill at all, but let the regions look after themselves!  The IDS had it's own land bill in the works before this one was drafted.  I oppose that one, but would rather see a law passed by the Imperial Legislature govern our great Region than something handed down from the feds.

Am I alone in that sentiment?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 08:27:56 PM »

Welcome to our little club.  Can I mark you down as a member?

And that's good guys.  As I typed that, I almost felt... libertarianish-y.  Tongue
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 09:23:19 PM »

Which region is home to the 3 most popular Senators you ask? hmm, lets see Cool

Combined Senate:                        Approve:            Disapprove:            Net:
Sen. NC Yankee (RPP-NC)             100%                 0%                          +100%
Sen. Jbrase (CID-TX)                      83%                  17%                        +66%
Sen. AHDuke99 (RPP-SC)               81%                  19%                        +62%
Sen. shua (POP-VA)                       73%                  27%                         +46
Sen. Antonio (UDL-HI)                    64%                  36%                        +28%
Sen. bgwah (JCP-WA)                    60%                  40%                         +20%
Sen. Officepark (RPP-VA)                57%                  43%                         +14%
Sen. Napoleon (JCP-CT)                 50%                   50%                            0%
Sen. Fuzzybigfoot (JCP-NE)            50%                   50%                            0%
Sen. Snowguy716 (JCP-MN)           43%                   57%                         -14%
*High Five*
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 09:42:48 PM »

As the founder, do I need to post in the registration thread to have this caucus registered?  Or can non-party affiliated caucuses not be registered? 

On another note, any and all southerners should check the legislation thread and see what we are trying to do with the IDS militia.  Fun stuff.

Oh, we should probably hold endorsements soon, for the election.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 05:05:32 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2011, 05:09:52 PM by Yelnoc »

Hmm...according to the By-Laws, we are supposed to hold a convention in the first week of every month.  Well, better late then never.  As the chairman of the first convention, I call this second one into order.  According to the By-Laws, we will vote for the convention chair first.  I would like to keep my chair for the moment, but if you oppose, feel free to state your candidacy.  

In the interim, if you have any amendments to offer to the by-laws, or anything else you would like to mention, feel free.  With the new caucus bill, we will hopefully have plenty to talk about.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »

Until the legality of the OAII is confirmed, and or the language of the Caucus Bill modified, I think it is reasonable for OAII members to be members of another caucus (though if you want participate in your home region, I advise you plan on sticking with us when the law is clarified).  In the meantime, however, that means Duke, Bacon King, and whoever else may have registered with a partisan caucus is still allowed to participate within OAII.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 11:04:42 AM »

With one motion of support for my chair and no opposition, it's time to move on to more important matters.  We missed endorsements this cycle; I want to amend the by-laws to make this less likely to happen.  So I present the following.

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 03:14:38 PM »

That sounds ok with me.  So this is the amendment.  Does anyone else have any feedback?

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 08:57:21 PM »

That sounds ok with me.  So this is the amendment.  Does anyone else have any feedback?

lol

I guess if no one cares I can delete this thread.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 11:57:05 AM »

luv u 2 Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies