Off Topic Guidelines (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:23:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Off Topic Guidelines (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Off Topic Guidelines  (Read 47702 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: July 14, 2011, 03:19:27 AM »

OK, it's time we set down some guidelines in writing.

First - profanity.  The following swear words are not allowed:
- The c-word
- Both f-words
- The s-word
- The n-word

If you have any doubts about what any of those words might be, PM me.

Second - Excessive Hyperbole.  Enough referring to the mods as Nazis.  The Nazis were responsible for the deaths of countless people.  None of the mods have killed anybody.  Constructive criticism of the mods is fine, but if you're obnoxious about it, it's not gonna fly any more.

Third - Personal Attacks.  Don't attack other forum posters.

If you have any doubts about what you're about to post, don't post it, and PM me or Mikado first.  The "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" line won't fly here.

Everyone can consider this their official notification, and nobody should be claiming lack of knowledge for the rules of the board.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:38:58 PM »

I guess the term fascists is off limits too? 

Fascism doesn't necessarily equate to murderers...so that's ok... I just lose respect for people who misuse the word.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 09:57:05 PM »

Don't quit your day job kid... comedy is not your forte.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 03:24:32 AM »

Here is a new rule that will apply to everyone from this point forward: If you start a new account for any reason other than you got accidentally locked out of your regular account (such as the e-mail address you use to reset your password is no longer valid), you will not be allowed to post on the Off Topic and Forum Community boards.

If you decide to quit the forum and come back, you must talk to Dave to get your old account restored before posting on these boards.  Failure to abide by this rule will result in 10 point infractions for each post you post on these boards (I removed all of jmfcst's posts without infraction since this rule is new).

I'm sorry, but it's a bad precedent for us to start allowing multiple accounts based on bi-polar attitudes of hate and addiction to this forum, and we are going to nip this in the bud now.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 04:47:57 AM »

As asked in the other thread, what if Dave tells you otherwise?

Dave's rules and directions obviously trumps all.  That goes with ANY rule.  I'm not sure why you're singling this one out to question.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 05:49:05 PM »

That was asked a while ago actually, and I was supposed to delete that post if you answered it in the other thread first.

I did answer it in the other thread...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 09:05:57 PM »

The little thing under your user name.  My user group is "Moderators".  Nym is a Modadmin.  Some people are Wikieditors (I am also in that groupo, but the "moderator" group trumps that in terms of precedence for listing).  Your user group is YaBB God.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 08:38:49 PM »

Please read this from Dave:

So are multiple smaller threads preferrable to larger ones?  I always just assumed that like more boards, more threads would slow down the forum even if the number of posts are the same.  If this is the case, there are probably some threads on Off Topic/Forum Community that can be locked and restarted.

Yes - go ahead and lock some of these longer threads - should probably keep the post count to 2k or so max per thread.

Thanks,
Dave

Therefore, we will be implementing a standard that when a thread reaches ~2,000 posts, it will be locked and a new one started.  This isn't going to be a hard line rule, and I'd encourage posters to do this on their own.  When a thread gets to 2,000, I'm not going to find it and lock it, and if a conversation in a particular thread is ongoing, it will be allowed to continue.  But if I notice that a thread has over 2,000 posts, it'll eventually be locked (going forward - there's no point doing this to old threads.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies