Are Republicans about to cave on tax hikes? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:23:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are Republicans about to cave on tax hikes? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are Republicans about to cave on tax hikes?  (Read 649 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 14, 2011, 02:01:19 PM »
« edited: July 14, 2011, 02:41:00 PM by Kevin »

The way I see things higher taxes and sharp cuts to spending are going to have to be made eventually. Regardless of whether a Democratic or Republican Administration is elected in 2012.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 02:43:55 PM »

The way I se things higher taxes and sharp cuts to spending are going to have to be made eventually. Regardless of whether a Democratic or Republican Administration is elected in 2012.

But the 2012 result probably makes the difference between an 80/20 split in favor of cuts or in favor of taxes.

We can't have it ether way, we have to do both in my opinion. Especially since this crisis is going to increase in seriousness and urgency in the coming years.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 02:45:44 PM »

^^^ that was a different time. Fundamentally, our economy is likely not to recover like the US economy of the 1940s.

If we were spending on things like infrastructure upgrades and actual job producing projects, we'd be okay. Unfortunately, we are not.

Wasn't that the whole purpose of the $800 Billion or so stimulus package that has seemed to have disappeared int thin air without a trace?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies