Voting Requirements Amendment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:25:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Voting Requirements Amendment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voting Requirements Amendment  (Read 7497 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: December 13, 2004, 01:53:06 AM »

I can agree with the standards requiring a certain amount of posts to run for office. However, I can NOT agree with a standard REQUIRING someone to post a certain amount of times between elections. Many times we have lurkers who merely read what we write and choose not to participate on that level. I can understand that and I definately respect that. My example for this is NCLib. Although he DOES post in the regular forum I have never seen him post in the fantasy section. Voting should be free for all who meet the fairly easy requirements. We should not start "posting requirements" or "activity requirements" in order to vote. In my opinion this is voter suppression and does not help Atlasia whatsoever.  I am strongly against that section of this amendment. I can swallow the rest of it.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 06:55:47 PM »

I agree with the comments of my fellow Senators, 100 posts is excessive. 50 is enough.

I completely agree.  100 posts is too much.  In America, if you're 18, you can vote, without being informed of the candidates.  I do believe people should be informed of fantasy politics, but a degree of real life needs to be maintained.

I agree and as I stated earlier. In real life you do not have to be active in political campaigns or the like to be eligible to vote. This amendment is almost like voter suppression.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 07:33:31 PM »

How about this:

Voting Requirements Amendment

Section One
A member of the Atlas Forum must obtain 100 posts before becoming eligible to vote in the Atlas Fantasy Elections.  A Forum Member must obtain 250 posts before becoming eligible to run for senate and 500 posts before becoming eligible to run for President.

Section Two
In order to vote in the Fantasy Elections, a registered voter must have posted at least 25 times on the U.S. Election Atlas Forum between elections.

Strike Section Two and this bill is acceptable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies