Looking at a map of your state... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:50:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Looking at a map of your state... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Looking at a map of your state...  (Read 8281 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« on: July 15, 2011, 11:42:46 PM »

Easily, all of them... probably. Definitely with a blank map.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 12:11:44 AM »

Around 10 on 80-something.

Quebec has silly counties, whose borders are often changing and often have silly names or long names with hyphen.

I could probably get more than 10 in Quebec. They're not all silly Wink
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 01:08:07 PM »

I can easily get all French departments and I think all Spanish provinces, but I get only 30-35ish out of 50 in Ontario. I get all 17 Quebec regions but I obviously barely know the MRCs of which there are way too many.

Sometimes I get Oxford and Brant confused, but that's only if I'm not thinking well. That and Perth and Wellington. Otherwise, Ontario's counties are pretty easy. The historical counties are a bit more tricky however.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 12:02:52 AM »

Ontario has 50 census divisions, Teddy. And I don't know where you got that map, as Russell County was never shaped like that. When it was a county, it included Cumberland which is now in Ottawa. Its merger with Prescott County came long before it lost Cumberland.

Also, your map oddly does not separate Haldimand and Norfolk, does not contain Ontario County or Lincoln County.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 12:12:51 AM »

Lincoln is part of the Niagara region.

And I counted Haldimand-Norfolk as one, but I can easily split it in two Tongue

As for the north, they are not counties, or equiv. so I don't care about them Tongue

They are county equivalents... they even have district seats. (no real government though, but there is some organization with them)

And, Lincoln is a former county, which your map doesn't show. It amalgamated with Welland County (which I forgot about) in 1970.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies