Office of ZuWo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:08:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo  (Read 55811 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 17, 2011, 07:41:32 AM »
« edited: September 23, 2012, 11:15:25 AM by Mideast Governor ZuWo »

It has been more than a week since I was appointed to the Mideast Assembly and now it's time to open my office! It shall be a place for statements, announcements, questions and comments. If you have any contribution to make please feel free to knock at my office's door. Wink

As I have already announced, I am going to run for a first full term in the upcoming Mideast Assembly elections. The elections (both 5 Assemblymen and a new Governor shall be elected) take place on the 21st of July. I encourage all voters to keep this date in mind and cast their votes for the four RPP candidates (ZuWo, Inks, MOPolitico, Cathcon) and, in the governor's race, for afleitch. Together we can get things done in our region and ensure that our taxes remain low and our economy thrives.

Regarding my work in the Assembly, I would like to remind my fellow Assemblymen as well as all citizens of the Mideast to have a look at the Amendment to Reduce the Size of the Assembly and other bills which are currently being debated. It is important that our Assembly continues to work in an effective way and that all elected Assemblymen are as active as possible.
If I am elected to a first full term, I will work actively for our region and be a conservative Assemblyman. I am currently working on a bill which will require foreign immigrants to the Mideast to take English language courses and a bill which shall deal with marijuana laws. If it is going to be possible, I shall introduce both of them after the upcoming elections.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 12:53:26 PM »

You can also introduce them now and then we'll debate them. They won't pass in time, but then when you introduce them in the next session you can already make changes and save a large amount of time from not having to vote on amendments.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 03:28:49 PM »

You can also introduce them now and then we'll debate them. They won't pass in time, but then when you introduce them in the next session you can already make changes and save a large amount of time from not having to vote on amendments.

Well, I actually wanted to give us in the Assembly time to finish the old bills
before we move on to new issues. There are still some debates going on there.
At the same time I wanted to outline what I'm planning to do after my possible election in order to give the people of the Mideast reasons to vote for or against me, and that's why I mentioned the bills I'm currently preparing in the first place. Anyway, I might as well introduce my bills before the election starts on Thursday. It depends on how much time I get for them. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 07:34:34 AM »

The first results in the Mideast Assembly elections look encouraging for the RPP and its candidates. I am eager to see whether this positive trend is continues and express my hope that as many voters as possible, regardless of their political affiliation, are going to cast their vote in the remaining period of time.
The more people vote, the better it is for our Mideast democracy!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 03:20:58 AM »

The elections are over and hard work is ahead of the reelected and newly elected Assemblymen of the Mideast. I want to congratulate MOPolitico, Speaker Inks, TJ in Cleve and Cathcon to their success and am looking forward to working constructively with you during this term.
Thanks to everyone who voted for me! As I promised before the election, I will do everything in my power not to disappoint my voters and remain a reliably conservative voice in our Assembly.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 06:22:47 AM »
« Edited: August 30, 2011, 02:45:50 PM by Assemblyman of the Mideast ZuWo »

Press Release 1: Announcement

With the next Mideast Assembly elections less than a month away, I declare that I am running for reelection. Both the constructive working atmosphere in the Assembly and my motivation to advance conservative issues have made clear to me that I want to continue to be involved in regional politics. I hope my fellow Assemblymen will make the same decision and run for reelection as well!
Thank you!
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 06:36:53 AM »

TPTTAA - Are you running for President? All the cool people are.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 06:43:23 AM »

TPTTAA - Are you running for President? All the cool people are.

1. ask me in 2 years
2. Unfortunately I'm not cool
3. I'm too inexperienced and too conservative and too dull and still know too little about Atlasia as a whole to be presidential material.

Clear? Tongue
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 09:15:47 AM »

TPTTAA - how can you be too conservative, are you not european?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 11:19:36 AM »

TPTTAA - how can you be too conservative, are you not european?

Well, I'm Swiss. Is that really "European"? I have my doubts. Wink

But you're right. I'm way too conservative even for the place I come from, not to mention large parts of Atlasia. That's why I feel most comfortable in the Mideast, where conservatism is quite the mainstream. Any other questions?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 11:22:34 AM »

TPP -  A while ago you sponsored an anti-marijuana bill in the Mideast Assembly.  Why do you oppose The People's freedom to smoke if they so choose?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 11:47:30 AM »
« Edited: August 26, 2011, 11:50:22 AM by Assemblyman of the Mideast ZuWo »

TPP -  A while ago you sponsored an anti-marijuana bill in the Mideast Assembly.  Why do you oppose The People's freedom to smoke if they so choose?

Thank you for the question. I laid out my point of view in a detailed way during the debate of that bill, so I will just mention the main points again.

I oppose the right to smoke marijuana because of the risks it entails. Considering the mental and physical damages that the consumption of marijuana may cause, I believe it is a more dangerous drug than the legal substances tobacco or alcohol, which opponents of marijuana regulation often cite as drugs that are "equally harmful" as marijuana. Thus, I find it irresponsible to grant such a drug legal status. Then there is the aspect of the protection of minors. I am of the conviction that a ban would discourage adults (and minors) from smoking marijuana, at least to a certain extent.

Now the bill has failed, and I don't intend to bring it up again in the future. If such a bill couldn't be passed by the current (rather conservative) Assembly, I don't think it could ever be passed in the future.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 03:39:44 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel asks...

Why do you have an orange avater? Typically (and by typically, I mean most people, not everyone) people with orange avater's are more liberal, and considering you're both economically and socially conservative, we'd expect you to be sporting a blue avater.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 03:49:58 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2011, 03:54:10 PM by Assemblyman of the Mideast ZuWo »

The Atlasian Sentinel asks...

Why do you have an orange avater? Typically (and by typically, I mean most people, not everyone) people with orange avater's are more liberal, and considering you're both economically and socially conservative, we'd expect you to be sporting a blue avater.

Ha, what a question. I prepared for all sorts of questions, but not for a question about the colour of my avatar. But this only shows how close the Atlasian Sentinel is to the real needs and interests of the Atlasian people Tongue

Well, the answer is quite straightforward, though. The "other" avatar (that's what the orange colour stands for) refers to my political affiliation in my home country, Switzerland. Since there is neither a Swiss Republican, nor a Swiss Democrat nor any other Swiss party that resembles a particular American party, I had to go for "other".

So no, I'm not a closet liberal who is accidentally outed by his suspicious avatar. Wink
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 09:42:12 PM »

TPTTAA - are you saying you oppose the US Republican Party?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 02:55:14 AM »

TPTTAA - are you saying you oppose the US Republican Party?

It's astonishing that an ordinary Assemblyman gets the opportunity to answer so many questions that greatly vary in their content by very different media outlets, but I'm glad to do that. Wink

Well, due to my conservative stances on the issues I have closer ideological ties to the Republicans than to the Democrats, so I don't oppose the US Republican Party or whatsoever. However, my point is that since I'm not American I cannot completely identify with any US party because many of the issues a US party (or any non-Swiss party, for that matter) deals with are very different from the issues that are relevant to my home country.

(Sorry for not being able to provide a more entertaining answer. Wink)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 03:49:37 AM »

There are always many things to take into account with avatar selection, but orange does usually indicate left.

I have my current avatar as Green and Ontario for two reasons.

1 - This is the provincial party I support.
2 - I am the only person (who posts regularly in the sub-fora that I post) who uses this avatar, and thus it makes it very easy for me to pick out my own posts, which is important to me due to the "way" I read the forum.

IMO I don't see why you don't use the Republican avatar. While it might be a perfect fit, even Obama's policies are not a "perfect fit" for the Democratic Party. Nobody is. I also think that if you made a list of 5 parties in the EU that are closest to the US Republicans, your party would be on that list.

IMO, but still, seems odd to me. I still don't quite understand.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 04:34:35 AM »

Honestly, I don't care too much what colour my avatar has. People who want to get a quick overview of where I stand politically can look at my political matrix scores and see that I'm really not a leftist. As I said, I chose the orange avatar because I haven't got any ties to a particular American party and a separate avatar for the Swiss party I support is - understandably - not available. But that's no big deal. I mean, I could do it like Kalwejt and change my avatar every second day, or stick to an avatar with any other random colour. In my opinion, these avatars shouldn't be treated as something extremely significant. Wink

Are there any other questions regarding political issues or are my 15 minutes of fame over now? Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 09:54:49 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2011, 06:32:27 AM by Assemblyman of the Mideast ZuWo »

Press Release 1: Meeting with representatives of the Mideast Pro-Life PAC

After a two-hour meeting with representatives of the Mideast Pro-Life PAC (MPL PAC) in Louisville, Kentucky, Assemblyman ZuWo made clear that he considered the fight against abortion a key political issue. “We’re about to pass a landmark bill which will drastically reduce the number of abortions in the Mideast”, Assemblyman ZuWo said to a handful of journalists after the meeting, referring to the “Amendment to the Mideast Abortion Statute II”, which is currently being debated by the Mideast Assembly and appears to have the support of 4 out of 5 Assemblymembers.

Asked whether he thought it wise that the Assembly is spending time debating social rather than economical issues in times of a recession, the politician stated: “There is never a wrong time to pass legislation which saves thousands of lives. There is never a wrong time to protect the unborn, the weakest members of our society.”

When a journalist of the Atlasian Sentinel confronted him with the possibility that the abortion amendment could be voted down in a popular referendum, the Assemblyman shrugged. “We live in a democracy, and the people of the Mideast will have the last word on the issue. But I’m confident that if we go out there and talk to the people in Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana and the many other wonderful states in the Mideast and make sure that our arguments are heard, we can overcome all difficulties.”

The meeting with the pro-life PAC in Kentucky is one of numerous events during the Assemblyman’s re-election campaign. He is expected to make his next appearance in the city of Cleveland, Ohio.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 01:50:07 PM »

He is expected to make his next appearance in the city of Cleveland, Ohio.

Welcome!!! I loom forward to showing you around!

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 02:41:17 PM »

Thank you for the offer, Assemblyman TJ. I will be meeting with members of a teachers union in the morning and have lunch with some of them. But after that I shall have time for a tour through the city. Perhaps it would be advisable to give a joint press conference after the tour? Publicity is never a bad idea. Tongue 
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 12:59:32 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2011, 06:32:44 AM by Assemblyman of the Mideast ZuWo »

Press Release 2: Meeting with members of the Mideast Teachers Union

This morning, Assemblyman ZuWo met with members of the Mideast Teachers Union in Cleveland, Ohio. He expressed his view that the work of teachers was very important and that it was every politician’s and each citizen’s responsibility to show teachers that their efforts are valued.

“Teachers work hard every day. They invest time and power to educate our kids and have a huge impact on them. The work of a teacher influences a child’s future to a great extent, so we must do all we can to provide teachers favorable labor conditions.” The Assemblyman, who once worked in a private language school himself before he was elected to the Mideast Assembly, referred to the various education bills that were passed in the Mideast and laid out his arguments for the “Guidelines for Private Language School Act”, which he has recently introduced and is up for debate in the Assembly.

“We need to make sure private language schools adhere to most basic quality standards. A person who wishes to get private tuition in a language school must have the right to know whether the school he or she wants to go to is a respectable educational institution.”

After the meeting, ZuWo was asked a couple of questions by the press. To the Assemblyman’s slight disappointment, the three journalists who bothered to appear did not seem too eager to pose questions about educational issues but were more interested in the upcoming presidential elections. The journalists claimed that many Atlasians were asking themselves why the Regional Protection Party still has not decided whether there would be a RPP presidential ticket. The Assemblyman did not want to waste too many words about the presidential elections and said: “There’s still time for a decision. Discussions are going on within the party, and I am absolutely confident that the RPP’s strategy will be well-based and very successful.”  
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 04:55:19 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2011, 06:36:02 AM by Assemblyman of the Mideast ZuWo »

Press Release 3: Statement regarding the "Amendment to the Mideast Abortion Statute II"

Assemblyman ZuWo has issued the folliwng statement:

Dear friends and fellow pro-lifers,

The "Amendment to the Mideast Abortion Statute II" has been passed by the Assembly and will be signed into law by the Governor soon. This is a tremendous success for the sanctity of life movement and an example of real and effective progress in our fight to protect the lives of thousands of unborn children.

However, you may have heard that a legal challenge to the bill is likely going to be brought forward after the Governor will have signed the bill because it is said to violate Roe v. Wade. I urge all of you not to be discouraged and continue to fight for our honorable cause. Fellow pro-lifers, in case this amendment is going to be overturned let me tell you that we shall not waver in our determination and try to reach our goals by other democratic means. I assure you that I will introduce one or numerous bills that will place heavy restrictions on abortion clinics if necessary. Even if we possibly cannot succeed in changing the law as to banning abortion explicitly, we can make sure abortion clinics in the Mideast will face restrictions that make it impossible for them to operate. In this way, we reach our target in a more indirect but in a no more ineffective way.

I thank you for your support and assure you that our mission has not ended here.

Regards,

Assemblyman ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 08:28:51 AM »

On the campaign trail in Jefferson City, Missouri

Last night Assemblyman ZuWo held a fundraising event in Jefferson City, Missouri, and spoke to a group of uncommitted Mideast voters. He expressed his content with the broad field of candidates for the Mideast Assembly, which he said offered the voters a real choice.

“You can vote for continuity and re-elect those Assemblymembers who you think have done a good job for the region. But you can also choose to elect fresher faces with a different vision for the Mideast”, ZuWo stated. “I assure you all that a vote for me and my fellow Assemblymen is a vote that you won’t regret. We will continue to work hard and humbly and tackle both social and economic issues. Our sole intent is to advance our region.”

The Assemblyman also addressed the economic woes of numerous Mideasterners. “We’re going through a difficult time and must pay attention that no one in our region is left behind. The Assembly has the duty to create a positive economic setting by keeping the tax burden as low as possible. Big government and aimless spending is not the answer to a recession, but we must make sure that we invest in our infrastructure in a reasonable way. Our bridges must be safe, new roads must be built and existing ones must be properly maintained. We also need to invest in new electrical lines and, very importantly, our transportation system. In this way we will remain competitive as a region.”

Due to the crowded field of candidates for the five Assembly seats, the Assemblyman has decided to rev up his re-election efforts. “No one can take a seat for granted. This election will be a nail biter for all of us.”
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 06:54:03 AM »

Statement regarding the Mideast Assembly Elections

It is encouraging to see that so many Mideasterners have already cast their vote in the Assembly and gubernatorial elections. While there were only 10 valid votes in the last elections in July, the number of voters is 15 at the moment. Great news!

I'm especially happy about the fact that it seems that all current RPP Assemblymembers who are running again will be re-elected. Franzl, another RPP member, is likely to be elected as well. This success, underlined by the comparatively high turnout, is a mandate for a continuation of conservative policies. I thank the people of the Mideast for their support!

Assemblyman ZuWo
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies